A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Michael Walker:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Michael Walker is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Clinical Research
- Lung Cancer
- Lung Diseases
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
Education & Awards
Dr. Walker graduated from Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Walker has 14 hospital affiliations:
- Main Line Hospital - Bryn Mawr
- Main Line Hospital Lankenau
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Walker accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 16 plans
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 5 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 3 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
- Cigna - 9 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- Independence Blue Cross - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Michael J. Walker practice?
Dr. Michael Walker practices Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Media, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Bryn Mawr, PA and Wynnewood, PA.
See Media Cardiothoracic Surgeons.