Gastroenterologist (digestive)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
ka-ching show details ka-ching
by optional on Aug 18th, 2016

Dr Yanish sat in his chair and tapped my fat medical file doing the broken record routine. "What can I do for you today? " over and over again. I have been throwing up food and bile for 20 years and too ill to work. I spend near half my monthly income on insurance for doctors like this. He got paid. I am still sick. Unfortunately it seems that he is standard for this profession. I don't know if they are afraid of certain kinds of problems or what the problem is with getting Dx'd and treated. Here I am in a major metropolitan area but because the doctors join in large groups there's no options for me because if one doctor in the practice is a jerk and refuses to even examine you (as what this jerk did to me even with my spouse there as witness), office policy prohibits a patient from seeing another doctor in the same group. I have remained silent for years for fear of jeopardizing the health care of my family because the doctors have carte blanche to behave in many horrible ways and there's really nothing an individual can do. Medical mafia is real.

Jun 17th, 2016

Dr. Yanish has been my Dr. for many years and he is great.

Apr 26th, 2016

Very postive experience. Everyone person I had contact with was very friendly and very professional. I consider this practice the only one to use for this condition and will refer to my friends and family.

Mar 21st, 2016

Very Professional and organized and friendly staff. Great team work

discussed issues and results while still under anestesia show details discussed issues and results while still under anestesia
Jul 15th, 2013

I have had GI issues most of my life, so when I went to see Dr. Yanish and he ordered a colonoscopy I had hoped that I might finally get some answers. The dr did the procedure and discussed the "finds" with me while I was still sedated, can't remember a thing he said and can't seem to reach him by phone to review my results now that I'm fully conscience.

This Doctor Saved My Life show details This Doctor Saved My Life
Apr 22nd, 2012

A botched surgery led to a life-threatening condition that puzzled everyone in the emergency room. The drs. sent me home, only to have the condition worsen. Thank goodness, the second time someone called Dr. Yanish. I've been his patient for years--he's my hero.

Did not listen show details Did not listen
Aug 18th, 2010

Dr Yanish did not listen to my symptoms. I was having abdominal pain and weight loss for several months. I started to cry when he told me to take miralax and come back in 6 weeks. He diagnosed me with irritable bowel syndrome exacerbated by depression. I saw a different GI and within one week they found autoimmune hepatitis. Dr Yanish seemed uninterested in finding the cause of my symptoms.