Dr. Michael Zupancic Is this you?

2.8

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Michael Zupancic?

Please Don't Discount the Experience of Others

Posted on July 26th, 2016

I think it's wonderful that the previous review had a good experience with Zupancic. Perhaps he has turned over a new leaf. However, by saying "if only people would listen to Dr. Zupancic, who is an expert" she is implying that it is our fault if we were treated poorly by him. I never received the book the previous reviewer mentions. Instead, when I brought in a one-page sleep journal I had made for him, he tossed it aside and said he would read it later (I doubt he did, and even if he did, the time to read it was at the appointment, before we decided what the treatment plan should be). I was mocked, ridiculed and told to just deal with it. At my last appointment with him, I left his office in tears. Again, I am more than happy to hear Zupancic no longer treats patients with such indifference to their suffering. But please don't imply that those of us who experienced this because we somehow refused to try or listen.

Posted on July 15th, 2016

PA Andrew is great☺

Posted on August 26th, 2015

If people would only listen to Dr. Zupancic, who is an expert, and follow his treatment plan, the majority of issues that plague them could be resolved fairly well. the treatment plan that I went through was really tough, even grueling but within 3 weeks, I was able to sleep without any medications when I hadn't in at least 10 years. There are still nights where I get 4 or 5 hours but mostly I can now sleep 6 or even 7. When you go from sleeping 1 hour or 2, that's paradise. It wasn't easy but it's worth it not to be on any sleep aids. I faithfully read the book he recommended and did exactly what I was supposed to and I still do. Dr. Zupancic knows what he's talking about, so I suggest that even though we tend to think we know our bodies, we should be open to realizing that we don't know what's really happening or we wouldn't be visiting him in the first place. I was sure my problem was related to a lack of estrogen and age. I was wrong and he was right. I can't thank this person enough for what he has done for me.

Horrible doctor

Posted on June 5th, 2015

This "doctor" tried a few things for my severe sleep disorder and then told me he thought it was all in my head and that I needed to be psychiatrically evaluated. After speaking with other local people in the sleep field, I found out that this is his reputation. He doesn't want to work with any patient that presents him with a challenge (despite the fact that he seems to love to use this word). Apparently he specializes in easy cases. In other words, he's bad at what he does for a living.

Terrible experience

Posted on May 31st, 2015

Dr. Zupancic was rude, self-righteous, condescending, and ultimately no help whatsoever. I consider myself much worse for having been his patient

Posted on May 13th, 2015

Knowledgeable but not personable. Staff is terrible

Excellent Specialist!

Posted on April 21st, 2015

Dr. Zupancic was very professional, listened patiently, communicated superbly. He gave me the options and talked with me to help me choose the route to pursue. He's really quite knowledgeable and gave his honest opinions on the treatment plans available. I couldn't have asked for more than a physician. He was personable, respectful and just a great guy!

Looking for another doctor

Posted on December 2nd, 2014

Dr. Zupancic badgered me about my sleep habits even though I was there due to sleep problems. Additionally, he wrote on the paperwork that the extended time spent with the patient was counseling regarding exercise due to the patient being overweight, but there was no such discussion. Also note that 5 lbs ago, my primary care doctor told me I should NOT lose any more weight. I have seen this doctor twice and the same balderdash is on both my discharge forms. I can only surmise there is no charge code for badgering a sleepless patient on their sleep habits. Last but not least he insisted on blood work but didn't bother getting the results for the second visit. Apparently the blood work was just to make me jump through hoops for nothing. I agree with another reviewer. This doctor is lazy and apparently not interested in his own field of medicine. He gets two stars because the sleep center provided the information for a correct diagnosis and hopefully a fix for my sleep problems.

MCP

Posted on July 26th, 2014

This guy should not be dealing with female patients. He did everything but tell me I was a hysterical female who did not really have sleep problems and that my sleep issues were my fault because I supposedly didn't force myself to exercise and/or had unrealistic expectations about being energized all the time. Mind you, I was borderline homebound at this point with severe excessive daytime sleepiness.

Posted on October 29th, 2013

Lazy and dismissive doctor who doesn't listen and likes to blame the patient. AND his nurse is rude and condescending. What a pair.

DR. ZUPANSIC IS AN OUTSTANDING DOCTOR

Posted on March 2nd, 2012

MICHAEL ZUPANZIC IS QUALIFIED AND CARING. I WOULD RECOMMEND HIM TO ANYONE WHO HAS SLEEP PROBLEMS. DON'T LET HIS YOUTH FOOL YOU, HIS MEDICAL BACKGROUND IS THE FINEST AND HIS COMPETENCY IS FIRST RATE.

Posted on August 19th, 2017