Family Physicians

220 W 1st St
Ste 102
Santa Ana, CA 92701
714-550-7001
Locations and availability (3)

3.0

|  Never Met The Doctor  |  show details
by CJ on May 2nd, 2013

Dr. Naficy has been my physician for over 18 months now and, despite 4 different visits, I've still never met him. His PAs are nice however; at some point it would be good to actually meet the person who's supposed to be my primary care doctor. Additionally, I've never waited less than 45 minutes even though I'm always on time for my appointments. The worst wait time was 1h15m.

Sep 26th, 2012

I saw the physician assistant and she was great! She was patient and took her time getting to know me and was able to diagnose my problem and cure it! The office staff were amazingly helpful and courteous. I have been to many doctors and have never had such excellent treatment!

|  Great experience  |  show details
May 2nd, 2012

Dr. Naficy is an amazing human being who cares about his patients.

|  Incomparable Doctor, useless staff  |  show details
Feb 27th, 2012

I've never met a doctor as committed to his patients as Mitchell Naficy. He is caring, supportive and helpful. He will take calls at 3am if your baby is sick, he will help however and whenever he can. He speaks 4 languages, is highly educated and entirely capable. That being said, his staff is a pain. They make you wait for extended lengths, and are, in comparison to Naficy, chilly and lacking interest or interpersonal skills. Perhaps Naficy has set his patients' expectations high, because of his own excellence--or maybe his staff is some of the worst. Either way, he deserves a support staff worthy of his medical practice.

|  Great Doctor!!! Extremely poor staff especially the head Nurse!!!!  |  show details
Aug 11th, 2011

As stated in past ratings, the only reason I continue to go to Dr. Naficy after many years is because of HIM and HIM ONLY. I believe in any business, especially one so personal as your healthcare provider, no matter how good the doctor, if the staff is this difficult to deal with, most businesses WILL fail. Most will get tired of having to deal with them, being that they are the ones you deal with the most, ie. apptmnts,precrptns, etc. He really needs to take these comments seriously, to have a successful practice. Most of all the nurse, I believe her name is Tracy, like other comments, don't know why she became a nurse. She is so in-compassionate and rude, she should not be allowed to practice. One of the basic and one of the MOST important skills in nursing is compassion, and understanding, NOT RUDENESS, and not being a BULLY. Especially when your practice deals with so many specialties, such as addiction, anxiety, behavioral, etc. You don't want to come from your Dr.'s office feeling bad about yourself or aggravated. Though there are protocol for Dr.'s offices so that it runs smoothly, not every patient, even with the same addiction or ailment is the same. EX. if you go to the office for addiction issues, and are successful, and been with this Dr. a long time, and are basically a model patient, you should be treated as such, and not lumped in with the with others who are not. Or being treated like your a criminal, or always trying to pull one over on you. WE JUST SIMPLY WANT HELP!! And if you choose this profession, you should practice what you were taught, and not use it as an avenue for abuse of power!!! I WOULD NOT RECCOMEND THIS OFFICE TO ANYONE, even though I still like the DR. because of these aggravations. maybe some of you need to choose a new career, or take a sensitivity class!!!Sorry Dr. Naficy, but your staff needs to model your values and how YOU want to run it, not them!!!!!!!!

|  Good doctor with poor support from his staff  |  show details
Jul 2nd, 2011

Sometimes you wait a while but sometimes only 15-20 minutes. No need to go into detail but the staff doesn't do the doctor justice. Anyone saying they don't like Dr Naficy's office, probably is summing up their overall experience. Since you can't see the doctor without having contact with is staff, this is why. The doctor is good. He doesn't rush when he is with you making you feel like he's worried about getting to the next, and next, and next patient. He gives you your due time no matter his schedule. His staff I have found doesn't follow up and isn't always nice. This is the office's downfall. Overall I continue going because I have a good relationship with Naficy and always tell him when his staff isn't supportive. He DOES want to know.

|  Caring Doctor--Flustered Staff  |  show details
Mar 28th, 2011

Caring doctor. Talks fast but still spends the time with you. Don't take his fast talk as rushing to get to next patient. Only downfall is staff. Friendly and cooperative, but don't return calls in timely manner. They don't follow up to make sure things go properly (like prescriptions phoned in). In the end doctor may be a gem, but having staff not up to supporting doctor effectively tarnishes the practice. Nice, clean office.

|  Poor service and no organization  |  show details
Oct 19th, 2010

Front office is very poor in service, management and follow up.

|  Poor office staff  |  show details
Aug 31st, 2010

Office staff is not trained properly. Do not follow up and make mistakes on ordering tests and prescriptions.

by jobeek on Jul 30th, 2010

I would love to give Dr. Naficy high marks in everything, just because his bedside manner is impeccable compared to most doctors I've known. However, the staff is so-so, the wait time terrible (although in fairness this might be due to the fact that he spends a lot of time with a patient), but most importantly I have had two issues that the doctor has misdiagnosed, which I have had to come back to the office for repeatedly. The last problem I had I finally diagnosed (correctly) all by myself after researching--after suffering with it for two years. I am a healthy person in my mid-thirties, and consequently don't need to see the doctor often, so to have been misdiagnosed even just a couple of times over the span of two years is significant for me. This, on top of ridiculous wait times has given me enough reason to search for a new doctor.

|  5-Star Family Care Dr. & Staff  |  show details
by Sharyn on Nov 13th, 2009

Dr. Naficy is so personable & genuinely cares about his patients.He is extremely attentive & thorough in addressing the needs of each individual entrusted to his care. As a client for 2 years, I have had favorable experiences & would highly recommend Dr. Naficy to all my family & friends.

|  Caring but slow  |  show details
by ANONYMOUS on Oct 14th, 2009

more than 1 hour wait. Staff is unfriendly and no follow ups. No reminder calls, sometimes staff writes appts on little pieces of paper. But the doctor is very CARING. NEEDS TO GET NEW STAFF!!!

Apr 13th, 2009

Waited 1 hour to see Dr. Naficy after my appointed time. Office personnel is unfriendly, unhelpful, uncaring.

|  He's the BEST!  |  show details
Apr 6th, 2009

Never found a more caring doctor that REALLY takes the time to talk to his patients. You never feel rushed.