A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Nilesh Patel:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Nilesh Patel is Good.
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
Education & Awards
Dr. Patel graduated from M. P. Shah Medical College, Jamnagar.
Dr. Patel has 10 hospital affiliations:
- Nyu Hospital For Joint Diseases
- SJRH - St John's Division
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Patel accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 3 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 3 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Healthfirst - 5 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Unicare - 11 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Nilesh Patel practice?
Dr. Nilesh Patel practices Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Newark, NJ.
Additional practice locations include: New York, NY and Paterson, NJ.
See Newark Cardiothoracic Surgeons.