Dr. Nina Epstein Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Nina Epstein?

Childhood Asthma

Childhood Asthma

Have you seen Dr. Nina Epstein?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Neutral

July 13th, 2017

Rude, felt unnecessarily rushed, & dismissed

I was scheduled for a 45 min., slot for my [3rd] child's two month wellness visit and vaccines. I vaccinate but space them out and postpone some until later. I am a believer in vaccines, but disagree w/ the aggressive schedule administered by some doctors. After being seen by the nurse and being briefed on their policy of vaccines, Dr. Epstein later walks in, doesn't introduce herself, or ask how we are doing. (She is also comfortable wearing tennis shoes, and a thermal sweatshirt jacket in her practice). Upon walking in, without any type of greeting, says 'before we begin, this is our practices mandated vaccine schedule'. She gives me a post it note of the vaccines they aggressively [try] to push on families. Out of curiosity, I begin asking questions about why this pediatric group sticks to [this] mandated schedule w/ 'no leniency' in a parental request in spacing out the vaccines and also just asking general questions about their philosophy on their mandated schedule. Her only explanation was that it is important and it's per 'her boss'. Those answers were not sufficient enough for me, but I said I understood, and if they stand behind the schedule it made me feel a little bit more comfortable. Had she given an answer referencing her experience or own research as an M.D., it would've been a better answer than 'just b/c'; or 'b/c my boss said so'. As I stated the compliment about comfortability, I was cut off and told that she had another patient waiting and that the vaccine conversation could go on for hours. She suggested I call her and talk over the phone, even though I wasn't asking anymore questions, but on the contrary trying to give the practice a compliment. It went downhill from here for me. I was short and honestly wanted to just get up and leave. I followed through w/ the appt., but will not be back. We came from Beth Israel at 14th street Union Square in Manhattan, the busiest pediatrics office in the city, with patients lined up waiting to be seen. In the three years we visited this office, we were never told another patient was waiting or felt rushed out. I would've expected a different experience in the suburb of Teaneck (slower pace) where I was the only one in the waiting room. I know doctors have other appts., I had a 45 minute window and it felt like 5 minutes into seeing Dr. Epstein, I was in the express Dunkin' Donuts drive thru. I left feeling disappointed. In a first time visit, why should I have to be told [she has another patient waiting] (?), as if I'm taking up her valuable time when we are paying the practice our hard earned money for out of pocket expensive insurance premiums! She was very kind and gentle when checking the baby, but it's not enough for me to refer others or to return w/ my (3) kids.

December 11th, 2013

Don't go to Metropolitan if u are a minority!!

Well, although Dr. Epstein presented her self as nice and professional, I can not say the same for her staff. If you are a minority please stay away, I am of Hispanic descent and I was treated horrible. The staff there could use some customer service training and most important should greet all children upon arrival not just Jewish or White. I am truly disappointed as I was looking forward to having my kids see Dr. Epstein but its not a good place. I was basically spoken to in a condescending matter. What a disappointment for our community. Please help your staff respect patients and treat everyone the same. Dr. Epstein appears like she cares but her staff doest not. A smile goes a long way.

March 18th, 2012

It's hit or miss with her. She'll misdiagnose, but once it's determined by another doctor, she is good at managing the problem. She is good at routine check-ups and is sweet with the baby.

November 11th, 2014