Internist

Some ratings provided by Practice Fusion. DrScore.
Nov 5th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Norman Smith is always very welcoming and willing to take the time to listen and answer questions. GREAT PERSON and DOCTOR

Oct 26th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Always excellent service with Dr. Smith. He is extremely knowledgeable and personable.

Oct 22nd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Smith is courteous, patience and a good listener. He explains and interpets your diagnosis, always anwser your questions and makes you feel relaxed

Oct 21st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Smith is very knowledgable. He takes the time to listen and asks the right questions to properly diagnose issues. I have been a patient of his for the past 6 years.

Oct 20th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Excellent clinician. Listens and acts when you have a medical concern.

Oct 20th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

dr. smith has been my primary care provider for over ten years. he's alway's been wonderful matter of fact he probably save my life ! and I thank him and his staff.

Oct 17th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

would like to see this office computerize their patient charts

Oct 15th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Excellent!

Oct 14th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Norman Smith is the best!!!

Oct 13th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Visiting was very pleasant. Bedside manner is GREAT. He takes the time to answer question and does not seem rushed. He makes you feel that you are his only patient.

Oct 9th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

The doctor himself & his wife are very pleasant &welcoming. His staff on the other hand look mad all the time and they aren't very inviting when you first come into the office. I was worried that Dr. Smith was this way, but he was the complete opposite!

Oct 2nd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Smith is a good doctor.

Sep 30th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

not reminded of prescription update

Sep 20th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

My first time with Dr. Smith and the best experience with a doctor in a long time. I am very pleased. Thank you much for assisting me with finding him.

Sep 20th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

My appointment was made and dealt with quite efficiently. I was pleasantly surprised by the staff on this occasion, they were courteous and friendly. Dr.Smith was professional as usual, I was very pleased with the service !!!!

Sep 15th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

DR. SMITH AND HIS STAFF ARE THE GREATEST AND TRULY HAVE THE PATIENTS BESTEST INTEREST ALWAYS. I WOULD RECOMMEND DR. SMITH AND DO RECOMMEND HIM TO MANY PEOPLE.

Sep 14th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Smith is an excellent health care provider. I am very please with the care received.

Sep 14th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Love him he's the great's

Sep 12th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

My experience with Dr. Smith and staff was friendly, warm, and compassionate. I believe I have found the place and facility to entrust my health care

Sep 3rd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Smith was great. He is a good listener and he will check you out from head to toe. The staff was great and I will be referring him other people.

Sep 1st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Great physician! Attentive to medical issues; always on time.

Aug 29th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

As always Dr.Smith and his staff( nurse K) are extremely professional and proficient!

Aug 26th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Great! I felt very comfortable. Answered all my questions and gave me all necessary information. My physical was very thorough and efficient.

Aug 21st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I was happy when I got recommended and even happier now.He will now be my personal Doctor and I will make recommendations as well.Thanks Dr Norman Smith

Aug 19th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

This visit to the doctor was good. It when as well as expected. For a small practice, I was happy that I went to Dr Smith.

Aug 16th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr Smith is very caring, attentive, professional, and thorough. He listens to your needs and concerns and responds accordingly. No matter how many patients he may have or see in a day, you never feel like you're being rushed or that he's impatient.

Aug 16th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Smith was recommended by my previous doctor. Dr. Smith was very thorough and patient. He asked a lot of probing questions as well as responding well to mine. The staff was very pleasant and professional. They facility is well equipped and clean.

Aug 8th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Smith always addresses my concerns and escalates appropriately as needed. His follow-up is awesome.

Aug 8th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

The nurse is competent but does not have good bedside manner.

Aug 7th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

My family of six has been with Dr. Smith's practice for over 15 years and will attest to integrity, probity and excellence being their hallmark; so much so that my adult children who are now qualified professionals in their work areas still retain him.

Aug 7th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr Norman Smith is very professional during my office visits. He is easy to communicate with, listens and explains carefully the processes and treatment recommended. His office staff are professional too.

Aug 4th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Smith was really great I was able to book a Physical in just a days notice. All of my concerns were throughly address and I felt very comfortable through out the entire visit.

Aug 2nd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I was looking for a new doctor and I found upon Dr. Smith online. After reading up on him I went with my gut and made an appointment. And my gut was dead on. He answered all of my questions, addressed my concerns. Now he's my doctor for life. Thanks Doc..

Jul 31st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

It's not often you find a doctor who is thorough, kind and attentive. Whenever I visit Dr. Smith - I have found him to be on target when it comes to patient care and most of all he is the best listener - he takes the time to listen! Thanks Dr. Smith!

Jul 29th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Smith has been my primary care physician for several years and I would highly recommend him. The only difficulty I have experienced is when I need emergency/urgent appointments. In which case, I am always referred to Urgent Care.

Jul 27th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Norman Smith was very efficient and helpful during the physical and helped identify any physical problems with the body along with a prescription to address any pain that I was currently feeling

Jul 21st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Smith is always very friendly and he has a good bedside manner. His nurse is very thorough and checks everything for my annual check-up. He addresses all of my concerns and I never feel rushed.

Jul 16th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

We are still waiting for the results?

Jul 14th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Smith is an excellent Doctor. He listens and takes time during visits. His staff is friendly and I have never waited more than 15 minutes in the waiting area and no more than 10 minutes to be seen once in the exam room-medial assistant Kia is great.

Jul 13th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I have always found Dr. Smith to be a good health care provider.

Jul 12th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Smith is a true professional and he knows his craft!

Jul 10th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

My assessment of Dr. Norman Smith's overall professionalism is categorized as exceptional. The individual care and concern extended to his patients, far exceeds my expectations. He is always thorough and comprehensive, when interacting with his patients.

Jul 8th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Smith's warm demeanor, communication, listening skills, patients ,and professionalism is outstanding. Office staff all ways courtesy and friendly.

Jul 2nd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Smith was great. Very thorough and detailed in his explanations and diagnosis. Very nice, personable, and attentive.

Jul 1st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Smith is efficient and competent. Office staff is friendly and business like.

Jun 30th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Smith was very thorough and was willing to listen and address any of my concerns; I was looking for a doctor willing to accept new patients for over 2 months after making initial contact with his office I was scheduled for an appointment in one week.

Jun 28th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Smith exhibited an intuitive understanding of the balance that must be maintained to ensure my good health as I continue to age .

Jun 23rd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Amazing physician. I will not change to another doctor. Always caring and his diagnosis is always correct. I have already recommended him to friends.

Jun 10th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I am a new patient of Dr. Smith and my first visit was more than satisfactory, it was a easy decision for me to pick Dr. Smith as my primary physician. His staff was also exceptional and made my first visit clear with everything I needed to know.

Jun 8th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Smith and his staff are WONDERFUL! I truly appreciate their concern and expertise.

May 24th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Norman is very thorough, very patient with patients, very caring, very professional, and takes time to address my concerns, and answer my questions. He is very up-to-date in his knowledge of medical issues, and pays attention to what I have to say.

May 22nd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Norman Smith has a very professional staff and he himself has an excellent bedside manner!

May 22nd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr Smith, has always addressed my concerns, he is a wonderful caring doctor. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a primary care doctor.

May 21st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Smith is a friendly and personable doctor. He is excellent in addressing any and all concerns I have. He is genuinely concerned about my overall health. I would highly recommend him to anyone.

May 21st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

My provider was great, what ever I want to talk about he is willing to listen. Yes I would recommend him to family .The rest of his staff were attending to their jobs. The nurse who service me was also great .

May 20th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

My family (husband, son, daughter and myself) are so pleased with the excellent care that Dr. Smith provides. Our visits are always thorough, our questions and concerns are genuinely addressed and the facility is very comfortable and clean.

May 18th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr Smith is the best doctor I've ever had to break down all the medical terms. So you can understand them and tell you how to live a healthier life.Very satisfied!

May 17th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

My overall experience is always a good experience on each visit.

May 15th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Smith and his staff impressed me on my first visit, and continued (to impress me) with each visit. His administrative staff and nurses are extremely conscientious, thorough and knowledgeable. Dr. Smith is caring, and discusses my condition with me.

May 13th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I have been seeing Dr. Smith for the past 8 years. I like him and I am satisfied with his service and knowledge as a medical provider.

May 12th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Smith is excellent, he has been my primary care doctor for years. Dr. Smith is an excellent diagnostician. He is compassionate and caring. He listens and you are never rushed. The wait time is less than 10 mins. if any at all.

May 6th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I have been a patient of Dr. Smith for over 10 years. He has always answered alll my questions, always keeps up with the tests I am scheduled for, and is always very professional. When you schedule an appointment with Dr. Smith, there is never any waiting

May 4th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Prime Care and Dr. Smith are Great! I would highly recommend their medical services!

May 3rd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I was greeted when I arrived and my wait time was only 5 minutes from schedule. I travel from Annapolis, Md. to this office because Dr. Smith and staff are professional. He is thorough with exams and takes time to listen and talk with you.

May 3rd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Smith is extraordinary! His ability to listen, communicate, show a genuine interest in his patients concerns, coupled with his passion and commitment in delivering total healing leaves me in awe! Dr. Smith is very dedicated, humble and most sincere.

May 1st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

My office experience was great. Dr. Smith came highly recommended and i will definatley recommend him to my friends and family.

Apr 25th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Smith is a caring individual, and most of he respects his patients point of views. He is a good doctor.

Apr 17th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Smith and his staff are very friendly and professional. The only thing I don’t like is the prostate exam other than that everything is AOK. Thanks Doc!

Apr 14th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I value my Doctor very much. Dr. Smith has proven to himself to have genuine concern for my well being overall. He is attentive to hear my concerns about my health and matters that concern my health. He gives wise counsel. He is patient.

Apr 9th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr Smith listens to my concerns and addresses each of them. He cares about his patients well being.

Apr 9th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr Smith is a wonderful, he listen to my concerns , and answers my questions in terms thar I can understand.

Read Full Review at patientfusion.com
No Problem!!!! show details No Problem!!!!
by D. Luck on Apr 8th, 2014

Dr. Smith and his staff have been exceptionally helpful to me and my husband. I've been dealing with a lot of medical issues and Dr. Smith has gone out of his way to diagnose the problem. Every time I go for an appointment, his staff calls me by name and make me feel extremely welcomed. My husband and I have been a patient of his for the last five years and we never had a problem.

Apr 5th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr.smith was on time professional and informative. His staff was excellent. And courteous.

Apr 5th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Smith is the best PCP I have ever had. Very thorough and professional. I travel almost a hour to come to his office because he is so good at what he does. His medical assistant is very nice as well. Thank you!!

Mar 27th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Norman Smith is the absolute best! He listens to everything you have to say. His work and his staff are professional and always kind - whenever I call or come in for an exam. The physical exam is always thorough. Thank you Dr. Smith!

Mar 26th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Easy to talk to, knowledgeable and thorough. I was there for a physical and he went about it professionally, explaining all steps. Will recommend.

Mar 24th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Smith is a caring doctor who is concern for his patients. He takes his time and review your medical chart with you.

Mar 24th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I always enjoy my visit with Dr. Norman Smith and his Staff. They are very polite, and professional. I appreciate the in house technicians that can perform the auxiliary exams, and not have to go to another location. Dr. Smith take time to sit with you

Mar 24th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Very patient and fully aware of your medical conditions as though you were his only patient, listens keenly to any questions you may have then addresses all your concerns. He always does a thorough job. All referrals and medications are promptly resolved

Mar 24th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Smith is an excellent doctor who is very professional

Mar 22nd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. smith is always consistant and informative with his diagnosis.

Mar 18th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Norman Smith is a great physician and, more importantly, he makes himself available for office visits for referrals and last minute emergencies. his staff is cordial and efficient.

Mar 16th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Smith is a good listener, compassionate and extremely thorough. I have never had to wait more than 10 mins to see him. His staff is very friendly and helpful. We've referred several people and we will continue to do so.

Mar 15th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Smith is a excellent physician who takes time to listen to your concerns. However, on a recent visit, the office appeared to be short staffed. There was only one nurse who had to check patients in and screen them, i.e. take blood pressure, temperatur.

Mar 14th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I came to Doctor Smith leave my previous primary doctor mainly because I wanted a 2nd opinion about my health concerns that I felt weren't getting address with her. I've been very happy with my switch. I would recommend him.

Feb 23rd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

My 1st visit...he's my new Primary Care Doctor...nuff said..

Appearances Can Be Misleading show details Appearances Can Be Misleading
Jan 30th, 2014

My confidence in his abilities deteriorated when I was prescribed one med for BP and then before I left his office he came back in and changed it to something else without a reasonable explanation. He was in and out of the exam room like a whirlwind and I could never get he or his office to return my calls when I had a concern. Lastly, he left me without my BP meds for nearly two weeks because I was unable to keep an appointment due to my work schedule even though I called a day before to cancel as required.

WHAT EVER HAPPEN TO CARING DOCTORS show details WHAT EVER HAPPEN TO CARING DOCTORS
by MR.Johnson on Apr 12th, 2013

THIS OFFICE HAS A TERRIBLE FRONT STAFF.... VERY UNPROFESSIONAL.... PLEASE SEND THEM TO A CUSTOMER SERVICE CLASS... THE TALL NURSE HAS A EVIL EYE...

Mar 11th, 2013

Ms. show details Ms.
by Harry O. on Feb 5th, 2013

Dr. Smith is a qualified Internal Medicine physician, who in my opinion, is overwhelmed with patient cases. He cannot do everything himself, and his staff has down-right nasty attitudes. They always behave as if they are doing you a favor if you ask anything of them, whether it is a question about your care or just a simple good afternoon. They never pass on messages and they never seem to have copies of your reports sent to them from specialists that you've seen. They balk at calling you with results from your lab work, they claim to never get faxes from your pharmacy when they've been sent. They often call in prescriptions with an incorrect dosage or with incorrect information as to how to take your medicines. I recently left the practice and found out that a condition I had been diagnosed with over two years ago, had not be resolved as I had been led to beieve it was. I am glad that I left because it could have led to more serious health issues later on. I also discovered that I was pre-diabetic and needed to lose weight and change my diet in order not to get diabetes, but I never would have known that if I had not left this practice. I would not recommend this practice to anyone whether I know them or not.

still charge a cancellation fee show details still charge a cancellation fee
Jul 23rd, 2012

I called on a friday to cancel an appointment and the office had closed early. left a message with the answering service because the office was closing for the holiday on Monday appointment was that tuesday. I recently went to an appointment and was told about the charge(there is note in my file that I called on friday and that the office had closed early), the receptionist spoke with the doctor and to no avail the charge is still on my account.

Dr Smith's rating show details Dr Smith's rating
Jul 1st, 2011

Very good physician. Personable, and professional. Very good listener, and good healer. Highly recommend

Horrible front desk staff/No follow up with patients show details Horrible front desk staff/No follow up with patients
Nov 3rd, 2010

I wanted to share my recent experience with Dr. Norman Smith and his unprofessional staff. I visited his office three weeks ago. When I did not receive my lab results back I called the office. The rep who asked the phone acting as if I were asking her to walk cross country to get my chart and read the results. After being placed on hold two times, I was told I had to wait until I receive something in the mail. They were unwilling to read the results to me so I could have some peace of mind. I have yet to hear from the doctor. I have caleld and left messages and no one has returned my call. The staff is not courteous at all. An dto make matters worst, when I called today to get assistance, someone pick up the phone and greeted me with a nasty "Hello". Is this how you are supposed to answer the phone at a place of business? And she proceeded to have a nasty attitude while talking to me. Dr. Smith needs to check his staff. Either complete a clean sweep and fire everyone in the office and hire people who are happy to have a job and willing to do their jobs- assist patients. Needless to say, I will NOT be returning back to Dr. Norman Smith's office in Bowie, MD.

Jun 4th, 2009