Dr. Othella Owens Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Othella Owens?

Terrible Experience

Posted on September 21st, 2015

Went in for deviated septum assessment. On the first visit, and with a quick visual examination, the doctor was ready to schedule me for surgery (w/o ordering x-rays, or CT scan). Her office made me pay for my visit up front, claiming my insurance company (Health Net) took too long to pay, and they would reimburse me once they got paid. I found out from Health Net that this "patient pays up front" practice was not allowed under their network contract with the doctor. It took me 4 months to get my money back. Her staff was very uncooperative with Health Net. In the meantime, I went to another doctor who ordered a CT scan, and thoroughly examined me before making any surgery assessments.

Bring Scope or listerin

Posted on May 4th, 2012

This short, stump of a so called doctor has the worse Bad breath!!!!No bedside manner.Had to get a second opinion.

WORST DOCTOR EVER!!

Posted on February 26th, 2012

I don't usually go to see a doctor unless there is something really out of the ordinary. I went in because I had very sore throat at the base of throat near my collar bone and did not have any signs of infection: fever, swollen lymph notes. It was very painful and difficult for me to swallow and there was also a very visible lump. I was concerned because there was no sign of sickness and thought that perhaps it could be a thyroid issue. When I saw the doctor, she was very curt and dismissive of any concerns that I had. When I told her about the visible lump when I leaned my head back she told me that's not how a throat check is done. She said a neck check is only done when your head is in normal position so she didn't even take a look at it. After a 2 minute exam, she rushed me out to make an appointment for an ultrasound. That was the worst initial meeting with a doctor that I have ever had!!And I have NEVER had to sign a form with any doctor where I give up my constitutional right for litigation and agree to go into arbitration in case of malpractice. Makes me think that there have been enough cases of malpractice where this form is needed. RED FLAG!

DO NOT GO TO Dr. Othella Owens!

Posted on November 17th, 2011

This office pays people to write reviews for them! I made the mistake of believing the 23, five star reviews. I went to Dr. Owens for a sore throat that I had had for over a month. She looked at my throat for a mere second and said it was tonsillitis and informed me that I need to schedule to get my tonsils removed. Thankfully, I got a second opinion. Turns out it was NOT tonsillitis and simple acid reflux. If I had not gone in for a second opinion I would have gotten completely unnecessary surgery. Save your time and money and do not go to Dr. Owens. Her staff was rude and her office was not welcoming.

Unprofessional People

Posted on October 12th, 2011

Rude Staff, Talking to much about personal life . I came In to see a Doctor not a Soap Opera.

Great Care

Posted on September 28th, 2011

I used to get the worst sinus' whenever I got sick. When I was referred to Dr. Owens for my issue, she gave me a thorough examination, and gave me advice as to how to lesson the pain in my face, and gave me the best prescription. Ever since then, my sinus' have become minimal. Thank you for the great care.

Appreciate her Expertise

Posted on September 28th, 2011

I used to have the worse allergies, but ever since I seen Dr. Owens, she gave me the best product that suits my problem. Now when my allergies hit, I don't have to be afraid to go outside. I really appreciate her expertise.

Thank Goodness for Dr. Owens

Posted on September 22nd, 2011

I was afraid I wouldn't be able to enjoy the outdoors anymore, because my sinus' were starting to get really bad. But, thank goodness a friend referred me to Dr. Owens, and now I enjoy the great outdoors with all my buddies. Thank you so much for being so awesome!

Expertise and Compassion is Appreicated

Posted on September 22nd, 2011

I had this issue with one of my ears feeling clogged up, which effected my neck - I had a constant soreness feeling in my neck, and at times I felt I was off balance. I sought out Dr. Owens, and she treated my issue so well, that I no longer have an issue! I really appreciate her expertise and compassion. She truly is a wonderful doctor.

Very Pleased

Posted on September 16th, 2011

I was satisfied how the Doctor and Staff treated me. Very pleased with doctor explanation of problem. Great office all around. Thank you.

Will Recommend

Posted on September 16th, 2011

A lot of people in waiting room at first, but moved quickly. Doctor was very informative and gentle. I will recommend her to family and friends.

Wonderful Office

Posted on August 29th, 2011

I really appreciate Dr. Owens and her staff. They are all very helpful and kind. I feel extremely blessed having found a doctor's office as wonderful as this one.