Dr. Othella Owens MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

September 21st, 2015
Terrible Experience
Went in for deviated septum assessment. On the first visit, and with a quick visual examination, the doctor was ready to schedule me for surgery (w/o ordering x-rays, or CT scan). Her office made me pay for my visit up front, claiming my insurance company (Health Net) took too long to pay, and they would reimburse me once they got paid. I found out from Health Net that this "patient pays up front" practice was not allowed under their network contract with the doctor. It took me 4 months to get my money back. Her staff was very uncooperative with Health Net. In the meantime, I went to another doctor who ordered a CT scan, and thoroughly examined me before making any surgery assessments.

May 4th, 2012
Bring Scope or listerin
This short, stump of a so called doctor has the worse Bad breath!!!!No bedside manner.Had to get a second opinion.

February 26th, 2012
WORST DOCTOR EVER!!
I don't usually go to see a doctor unless there is something really out of the ordinary. I went in because I had very sore throat at the base of throat near my collar bone and did not have any signs of infection: fever, swollen lymph notes. It was very painful and difficult for me to swallow and there was also a very visible lump. I was concerned because there was no sign of sickness and thought that perhaps it could be a thyroid issue. When I saw the doctor, she was very curt and dismissive of any concerns that I had. When I told her about the visible lump when I leaned my head back she told me that's not how a throat check is done. She said a neck check is only done when your head is in normal position so she didn't even take a look at it. After a 2 minute exam, she rushed me out to make an appointment for an ultrasound. That was the worst initial meeting with a doctor that I have ever had!!And I have NEVER had to sign a form with any doctor where I give up my constitutional right for litigation and agree to go into arbitration in case of malpractice. Makes me think that there have been enough cases of malpractice where this form is needed. RED FLAG!

November 17th, 2011
DO NOT GO TO Dr. Othella Owens!
This office pays people to write reviews for them! I made the mistake of believing the 23, five star reviews. I went to Dr. Owens for a sore throat that I had had for over a month. She looked at my throat for a mere second and said it was tonsillitis and informed me that I need to schedule to get my tonsils removed. Thankfully, I got a second opinion. Turns out it was NOT tonsillitis and simple acid reflux. If I had not gone in for a second opinion I would have gotten completely unnecessary surgery. Save your time and money and do not go to Dr. Owens. Her staff was rude and her office was not welcoming.

October 12th, 2011
Unprofessional People
Rude Staff, Talking to much about personal life . I came In to see a Doctor not a Soap Opera.

September 28th, 2011
Great Care
I used to get the worst sinus' whenever I got sick. When I was referred to Dr. Owens for my issue, she gave me a thorough examination, and gave me advice as to how to lesson the pain in my face, and gave me the best prescription. Ever since then, my sinus' have become minimal. Thank you for the great care.

September 28th, 2011
Appreciate her Expertise
I used to have the worse allergies, but ever since I seen Dr. Owens, she gave me the best product that suits my problem. Now when my allergies hit, I don't have to be afraid to go outside. I really appreciate her expertise.

September 22nd, 2011
Thank Goodness for Dr. Owens
I was afraid I wouldn't be able to enjoy the outdoors anymore, because my sinus' were starting to get really bad. But, thank goodness a friend referred me to Dr. Owens, and now I enjoy the great outdoors with all my buddies. Thank you so much for being so awesome!

September 22nd, 2011
Expertise and Compassion is Appreicated
I had this issue with one of my ears feeling clogged up, which effected my neck - I had a constant soreness feeling in my neck, and at times I felt I was off balance. I sought out Dr. Owens, and she treated my issue so well, that I no longer have an issue! I really appreciate her expertise and compassion. She truly is a wonderful doctor.

September 16th, 2011
Very Pleased
I was satisfied how the Doctor and Staff treated me. Very pleased with doctor explanation of problem. Great office all around. Thank you.

September 16th, 2011
Will Recommend
A lot of people in waiting room at first, but moved quickly. Doctor was very informative and gentle. I will recommend her to family and friends.

August 29th, 2011
Wonderful Office
I really appreciate Dr. Owens and her staff. They are all very helpful and kind. I feel extremely blessed having found a doctor's office as wonderful as this one.