Surgeons, Neurologist (brain, nervous system)

24910 Las Brisas Rd
Ste 115
Murrieta, CA 92562
951-698-7366
Locations and availability (2)

2.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by Sharon on Mar 19th, 2014

My mom woke up with one half of her face paralyzed. She was able to get an appointment immediately and was correctly diagnosed. She has since taken the correct medication and her paralysis is almost completely healed. I was also impressed that Dr. Alvarez also used acupuncture as part of the treatment. My mom immediately got her first treatment of acupuncture and she felt relief immediately. GREAT DOCTOR AND GREAT STAFF!

|  Horrible. Needs to go back to school.  |  show details
Aug 5th, 2013

She completely dismissed me. Quickly did the neuro exam and asked what medicines I was on and came up with that the aspirin I was taking for my recent heart operation was causing bleeding in my brain and that was the cause of my brain lesions and neurological dysfunctions?! Seriously?? I told her the medicine I had previously been on and how they never worked and she goes, "well I don't know what you want me to do for you. All I can offer is Botox for your migraines." After that she told me to stay seated and she would be right back. She never came back! The assistant came into the room 30mins later with a form for Botox after I told her I didn't want to continue down that road because I felt I had more going on. She's completely dismissive and rude and not very bright. She needs to go back to medical school in my opinion.

|  Ms. M  |  show details
Feb 13th, 2013

Rude, no beside manner. Ignored my concerns. Did not properly diagnose. Did not deliver on what was promised. I have since been properly diagnosed by another doctor and living happier and healthier. I have since met others who have had similar bad experiences. Too bad people like that can be certified as a doctor. Would NOT recommend. Will NOT go back.

May 21st, 2012

Dr. Alvarez spent so little time with me during my exam and didn't even finish doing the neurological exam. She told me she felt something was right and had me do an MRI and EEG. Both of the tests came back normal, and she ended up diagnosing me something that didn't make one bit of sense. Now I am stuck with two massive bills and no diagnosis. She didn't seem to care and didn't seem very personable. She kept having her assistant come in and do everything. Although the staff seem very polite and friendly, especially the woman who did my EEG,(she was great) I would never ever recommend Dr. Alvarez to any of my family and friends. Unfortunately I didn't do my research before I went in.

|  Terrible practice  |  show details
May 11th, 2012

Alvarez seems friendly but she absolutely DOES NOT CARE!!! She is not willing to spend the time to obtain a proper history or perform an actual neuro exam and does NOT allow the patient to ask questions. She absolutely REFUSES to discuss the condition with the patient.He staff is rude & unprofessional, she is devoid of compassion, this is a TERRIBLE practice!!!

Mar 31st, 2012

She does not obtain a thorough history or perform a proper neuro exam. Even though she leaves the exam room without allowing the patient to ask any questions or discussing the condition, she absolutely refuses to speak to the patient over the phone!! She may seem friendly, but she DOES NOT CARE!!On top of everything else, her office staff is the rudest, most unprofessional group you will pronably ever encounter.ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE PRACTICE!!!!

|  Wasnt too Impressed and left out of there knowing about as much as I did when I went in.  |  show details
Dec 23rd, 2011

The office staff was nice, I believe the one girl at the fron desk her name was Nancy, very professional and polite, she directed us to the waiting area and assured us that the wait wouldnt be long. The office is very nice and modern looking, seemed very clean, with a pleasent, but small waiting area. Maybe 10 mins later a lady came and called me and took me down the hall way and weighed me and then took me into the examining room where she took my blood pressure and asked me a few questions, but she stood with her back to us, which I thought was a little rude, and was in there about 15 mins like that, she went out. She never really introduced herself, so my mother actually thought she was the doctor at first, but she was the nurse. About 10 mins later the dr came in and it was pretty cut and dry, she isnt very friendly and doesnt allow you to talk much. She wasnt able to give me a diagnosis, said she didnt know what is wrong and referred me back to my primary care and then to be sent out to another specialist that may be able to help me. She never did come back in the room, which I felt was rude, she had her nurse come back in with a paper that pretty much said, go see your primary care dr, we dont know what is wrong with you, and if is not something to do wtih Nuerology, she cant help you. I havent lived in this area long, just over a year, I have noticed, that the health care around here is just not good, I think my dogs receive better health care than I do. If I could be seen at a Veternarian I would...LOL. A little side note too about this dr, she shouldnt wear such tight clothing, very unprofessional, she came in with her stomach showing and pants that were at least 4 sizes too small for her. Just didnt think it looked very nice for someone of her age (40's ?) and a doctor, to have her belly showing, and wear pants that were so tight in the front that you can see everything, she looked like she recently gained weight, and just never bought new clothing? Anayways, my opinion is, I didnt like this dr, she didnt tell me anything, and also, when I got home, I looked at the paper she gave me of my report of what she thought was wrong, and the notes she took, and she wrote on there that I didnt seem to be weak? I guess me holding onto things and walking with a cane wasnt a sign of weakness to her, and perhaps I should of crawled?

|  I have only had one visit.  |  show details
May 25th, 2011

Although Dr. Alvarez seemed to understand and order needed tests, one test she ordered for me was to a Dr. Uddin for a nerve conduction test. I researched him and found very bad ratings for him. I question Dr. Alvarez' reason for sending me to a doctor with such a bad record and an unresearchable education in a foreign country not named. I am cancelling that appointment, however, since I've already had 2 MRI she ordered, I will see her again. I didn't think she was an imcompentent doctor; I thought she was good. She spent very little time with me and was not very friendly but seemed professional. I am concerned. I don't recommend her based on my first visit although she did listen and understand (based on a computer printout given to me after my visit). After she heard my medical problems, she said she'd order test and left the room, assuming she was coming back to tell me which test. She never returned but a nurse came in and gave me the printout. I thought that was uncaring of her not to even say goodbye and explain in person before I left. Never had a doctor do that before. She seemed cold.

|  WONDERFUL DOCTOR  |  show details
Jul 8th, 2010

I am a full-time caregiver for a family member. Dr Alvarez has been a God-send to our family. She has been absolutely wonderful, caring, amazingly intuitive and understanding of the most complex of medical issues / problems that besets my family member. Dr Alvarez has gone out of her way to personally do everything she could to help us in ways that most doctors would not even fathom, but she has offered and been there to help without batting an eye. She is professional, efficient, caring and precise. As we sit in her office and meet other patients(over the last 18 months) we have heard similar comments from those other patients that she treats.

|  good doctor, bad staff  |  show details
Jul 22nd, 2009

She is great, however, her office staff is rude and not helpful at all. They are incompetent and treat you like you are an inconvenience. For a neurologists office you would think they would be a little more understanding.If you can get past them, she is a pretty good doctor and seems to care.