Dr. Pamela Alvarez Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Pamela Alvarez?

September 28th, 2017

Horrible Horrible Horrible!

This doctor is extremely rude and has horrible bedside manner. She refused to help me with my migraines. She accused me of not being committed to getting rid of them. Are you kidding me? Um, ok, because I love migraines!!! WOW. What an arrogant and mean person. Please steer clear.

September 28th, 2017

Unkind and arrogant

Doesn't listen, is definitely not a kind doctor and discounts everything you tell her like you are stupid. Spare yourself and find a doctor that isn't so arrogant.

March 7th, 2016

Waste of time

This doctor was in and out the door so quick. She wanted to put me on medication but never took the time to explain why or what was even going on with me. I chose not to take the medication since I didn't feel it was needed. I was looking for answer not to just be medicated.

February 15th, 2016

Wonderful experience

I had been to a different neurologist that misdiagnosed and wanted to overmedicate me. When I saw Dr. Alvarez she explained my results, retested me and reassured me there was nothing wrong. I could be walking around medicated with toxic drugs unnecessarily with horrible side effects. Thankfully Dr. Alvarez was my second opinion and I feel great!

April 29th, 2015

She diagnosed me with having ALS which is ridi culous!If I had ALS I would be dead!She finishes talking to you and says she will be right back and then never comes back. She has very poor Dr. to patient skills!

April 10th, 2015

Terrible, incompetent.........

In reading other reviews there seems to be a common denominator, "she doesn't care," I'm here to tell you I agree, she doesn't care. I waited several weeks for an appointment only to have the briefest of an examination and a few questions. She announced that I had a stroke and ordered a brain MRI. Curious, since the physician and physical therapists (and I) feel the issue is in the back. When I returned for the results of the MRI she breezed into the room all smiles and said, "well good news your brain is very healthy." I thought well good, now we can get down to the real issue like why do fall,? Why can I barely walk? Why do I feel off balance and have leg weakness? I was expecting her to order an MRI of the back, hip, leg, something relevant, rather she made another psycic announcement and said, "I know what it is, it's the 5th lumbar". She left the room and a few minutes later someone else came in and told me the Dr. ordered physical therapy for lumbar traction and the Dr. wants to see you in six months, dismissed!? Apparently Dr. Alvarez doesn't need modern technology to make a diagnosis? I will not return to this Dr., I would not take my puppy dog to this Dr. Unless your issue is a headache stay away!

August 19th, 2014

Great Experience

I was referred to Dr. Alvarez by an emergency room doctor. I won't bore you with my details, but I can tell you Dr. Alvarez is very patient and kind with me. Her diagnosis was right on the mark. I'm impressed with her detailed diagnosis report that I was given before I left the office. I have never received this kind of information from a doctor before. The staff is very efficient , polite, and accommodating.

March 19th, 2014

My mom woke up with one half of her face paralyzed. She was able to get an appointment immediately and was correctly diagnosed. She has since taken the correct medication and her paralysis is almost completely healed. I was also impressed that Dr. Alvarez also used acupuncture as part of the treatment. My mom immediately got her first treatment of acupuncture and she felt relief immediately. GREAT DOCTOR AND GREAT STAFF!

August 6th, 2013

Horrible. Needs to go back to school.

She completely dismissed me. Quickly did the neuro exam and asked what medicines I was on and came up with that the aspirin I was taking for my recent heart operation was causing bleeding in my brain and that was the cause of my brain lesions and neurological dysfunctions?! Seriously?? I told her the medicine I had previously been on and how they never worked and she goes, "well I don't know what you want me to do for you. All I can offer is Botox for your migraines." After that she told me to stay seated and she would be right back. She never came back! The assistant came into the room 30mins later with a form for Botox after I told her I didn't want to continue down that road because I felt I had more going on. She's completely dismissive and rude and not very bright. She needs to go back to medical school in my opinion.

February 13th, 2013

Ms. M

Rude, no beside manner. Ignored my concerns. Did not properly diagnose. Did not deliver on what was promised. I have since been properly diagnosed by another doctor and living happier and healthier. I have since met others who have had similar bad experiences. Too bad people like that can be certified as a doctor. Would NOT recommend. Will NOT go back.

May 21st, 2012

Dr. Alvarez spent so little time with me during my exam and didn't even finish doing the neurological exam. She told me she felt something was right and had me do an MRI and EEG. Both of the tests came back normal, and she ended up diagnosing me something that didn't make one bit of sense. Now I am stuck with two massive bills and no diagnosis. She didn't seem to care and didn't seem very personable. She kept having her assistant come in and do everything. Although the staff seem very polite and friendly, especially the woman who did my EEG,(she was great) I would never ever recommend Dr. Alvarez to any of my family and friends. Unfortunately I didn't do my research before I went in.

May 11th, 2012

Terrible practice

Alvarez seems friendly but she absolutely DOES NOT CARE!!! She is not willing to spend the time to obtain a proper history or perform an actual neuro exam and does NOT allow the patient to ask questions. She absolutely REFUSES to discuss the condition with the patient.He staff is rude & unprofessional, she is devoid of compassion, this is a TERRIBLE practice!!!