Dr. Patricia Guevara-Channell MD Patient Reviews

2.7

• Good
  • Bad

September 26th, 2016
Felt rushed, she was rude and always criticizing.

June 25th, 2015
Great Service!
Love coming here for my care! Just went in yesterday for my usual glutathione iv. It is awesome gives me tons of energy, clears my skin, and detoxes my liver. I come in and am greater by the really nice receptionist who always remembers my name. They room me as soon as possible and Dr. Guevara attends me so well. She is so knowledgeable I am so happy she helped me learn more about the importance of nutrition.

April 23rd, 2013
I went in for hip pain and came out, 1.5 hours later, with an order for blood work and xrays. After getting 15 vials drawn for $1449 at Quest and xrays completed, I was called to schedule an appointment to follow up. After waiting 45 minutes at 9 am, first appointment of the day and 1 patient ahead of me, I finally got to see Dr Guevara-Channell to be asked why I was there. I said your office told me I needed to come in? She then proceeded to tell me I had high risk of lupus, heart attacked and 5 different cancers!! I told her she was speaking to me as if I was a doctor, and I am not, so I didn't understand so I repeated what I was understanding of her as her accent was difficult. I was referred to another doctor and to follow up with her after yet another blood test. Was also told to buy premenopausal books and great health....how does this pertain to hip pain??? I went to another doctor today with the results of her blood tests and told them what she said to be concerned about and they said I was fine and healthy with nothing to worry about except to take Advil for my hip since its better now. What kind of doctor makes you worry for nothing....DON'T GO TO HER! Plus, others are correct the front desk staff is rude!

September 11th, 2011
Great for Homone Therapy
I have found Dr. Guevara to be wonderful with her knowledge of hormone therapy, and I enjoy her caring bedside manner. I saw some comments that her staff was uncaring. I disagree. I don't think it is that they uncaring -- they do seem to change a lot, though, and so I feel as though they are often new people trying to "learn the ropes" of how the office works. In all fairness, Dr. Guevara's husband has just moved his location to take over another medical practice, and so, I believe some of the confusion is the change that is occurring with the offices. Again, overall, I would definitely recommend Dr. Guevara ESPECIALLY is you are interested in seeing someone who specializes in hormone therapy.

July 27th, 2011
bed side manners
I went to vist Dr. Guevara and came in for a sore throat. When she entered the exam room she asked if i was pregnant. I said "no i am not". She then proceeded to tell me how overweight I was!! And then was trying to push a Herbalife product she was trying to sell for weight loss. And she still never addressed the issue of my throat infection. I later just went to urgent care.I never went back to see her.

July 25th, 2011
Obviously Under Pressure
I will state the good things first: The best asset at Dr. Guevara-Channel's office is their Medical Assistant bec she is always courteous and efficient--I think her name is Casey. I hear Dr. Guevara's follow-up is great bec she will call you personally to make sure you receive abnormal test results. I do believe Dr. Guevara is a very knowledgeable M.D. which is why I see her. I know she prefers not to prescribe medications unless she has no other choice, which is also good. Most times the front desk staff are impersonal and unfriendly, which is unimportant. I am placed on hold for an eternity each time I want to make an appointment and they don't take calls during their lunch hour! For years I've scheduled way ahead of time so I can usually get in within one week. I find Dr. Guevara's accent very difficult to understand and she moves through the appointment too fast as if she is under pressure to get through as many patients as possible (spends maybe 5 mins, but never more than 10 mins maximum). Whether you have questions for her or not, Dr. Guevara will abruptly end the consultation by backing out of the room while she is still talking or giving you instructions. By the time Dr. Guevara says her final word, the door closes and you are left wondering what just happened?!

July 17th, 2011
Most of the time looks like she is in a hurry, only because I was the one asking questions, probably her time with me would be less than 5 minutes. My husband had the same experience with her, he left the office confused about the diagnosis.

March 14th, 2011
She is an entrepreneur, not a doctor.
Unfortunately, the only image I get from this doctor and her practice is money! Her staff is rude and they treat you as if they could care less if you were there. The doctor barely spends 2 minutes with you and there is not much of a bedside manner. The office is horrible with follow-up, especially if they need to verify prescriptions. I would recommend you not waste your time and find a doctor who cares for her patients.

August 12th, 2010
I have been very pleased with Dr Guevara-Channell. She has seen my child when his pediatrician is full. She has a wonderful bedside manner, has always been very thorough, and is very knowledgeable in what she does. I don't live in the area, but feel it is worth the drive for her practice. Her husband is my OB. The office staff has alway been very friendly and helpful.

July 10th, 2010
No Professionalism
I went to Dr. Patricia Guevara-Channell for side aches. I had to wait over an hr to be seen. The doctor spent a short time with me and didn't ask much. I left in pain and confussed. She did tell me to schedule a physical. So I did. After waiting over an hour again in a very small crowded waiting room. I was put in a room. This was right before there lunch break. When I was waiting i could hear the doctor and others talking about me and another patient. They commented that I was here again? So I must be one of those! They commmeted that she complains to much about the other patient. I was appoulled. I left there again confussed, upset and out of my co-pay. They had me do 2 blood test and never called me back. What kind of buissness is she running. I feel very cheated out of time and money. I had to go find another doctor who is now treating me for possible lucemia. Something Patricia over looked!

April 29th, 2016