Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

7429 Las Colinas Blvd
Ste 101
Irving, TX 75063
972-869-0202
Locations and availability (3)

|  Dr Weix is an ok I guess.  |  show details
Mar 25th, 2013

I have been going to Dr. Weix for about 5 yrs now. He is an ok doctor for routine stuff. I really don't feel that he spends enough time with his patients and the wait til has been over 45 minutes at times. I will probably seek an new OBGYN in the next 6mo.

|  A very pleased paitent.  |  show details
by Mary Chunn on Feb 11th, 2013

I absolutly love the fact that he treated mid pregnancy after another obgyn dropped me. I am pleased that he listed to all my concerns and understood I was a first time pregnancy and explained things well. He also knew I was in a lot of discomfort towards the end on the pregnancy cause of a lot of false labor that lasted 4 weeks and induced me. I was very please with how things went with my daughter I will choose him to deliver all my babies.gthin

Oct 30th, 2012

I have been going to Dr. Weix for many years and he is very good at his job, he is always professional and has great bedside manor. His front staff is somewhat to be desired. Caroline (his right hand) has been there a very long time, and has always been great (except returning calls)...I know she is busy but people deserve the respect of a call back. Over all this is a good place in my opion, and I will continue to go back each year, as long as he stays in business. I love you Dr. Weix.....your great!!!

|  Very Caring Doctor and Staff  |  show details
Aug 13th, 2012

I have been seeing dr. weix for the past 10 years. He delivered my son and did an amazing job. His Staff and Nurse practicioner rebecca are the best. I recently lost my job and could not afford my birth control. I was about to run out of my pack and I had not recieved my unemployment yet so I had no funds to pay for my birth control. I called planned parenthood and they were not help and wanted to charge me $80 for a well woman exam I had already had 3 month prior at dr. weix office just to give me a package of birth control. I called the dr. office frantic because the worst thing that could happen to me while being laid off was to get pregnant. They searched around and found a lone sample pack of my birth control and saved it for me to pick up to get me by until i could receive my unemployment benefits. That is patient care right there. They went out of their way to help me in a bad situation. Other Dr's and staff would not have even given me the time of day but they did. That is why I stay with them because of the way they care about their patients.

Aug 13th, 2012

The staff is not friendly to the needs of the patients and appear unconcerned. There has never been a follow up call from this office.

Jul 31st, 2012

I loves Dr. Weix and His staff! Everyone was professional but also concerned about my well being which made me feel good. I thought Dr. Weix was quite which could be misunderstood. But those are the best Dr. who don't have to her themselves talk. He was listening and taking everything I said in. He delieverd my baby girl via c-section. He told me that this was the longest c-section He had done before. But He has patient hands and you could tell by me recovery. I've enjoyed my experience with Dr. Weix. You will too.

|  Nice guy, but failed miserably in my case  |  show details
Jul 9th, 2012

2 years ago, I stopped seeing Dr. Weix because of his incompetence in dealing with my ectopic pregnancy, and misdiagnosis of "PCOS" which I have since learned I do not have. He identified the ectopic by "guessing" according to my hcg results, but never did an ultrasound to confirm. He sent me to get the methotrexate shot to prevent rupture of my fallopian tube. I had a follow up appointment, and he told me that because I was bleeding as expected, we could assume that the shot had worked. Again, he did not do an ultrasound. I left town for work for an overnight trip. I began having dull, nagging pain in my lower left side, and ignored it at first because Dr. Weix had assured me of my extremely low risk for complication. That evening, I went to the emergency room and was told I needed emergency surgery to remove the (still growing) embryo and possibly my tube, up to a full hysterectomy if needed. This was my first pregnancy. I ended up needing my left tube removed, an incurred thousands of dollars in hospital bills, even after insurance. At my follow up appointment, I saw the NP who made several unprofessional comments, as usual, and I vowed never to go back. If you go to Dr. Weix for a normal, uncomplicated visit, I'm sure you'll be fine. But don't expect him to be competent in fixing any issues. I guess he just assumes everything will be OK even when it's not. I didn't sue him, but probably should have.

|  Loved Dr. Weix!!  |  show details
Oct 26th, 2011

Him and his staff took care of me during my pregnancy and they were all great!! The nurses are caring and understanding and they always made me feel comfortable. I highly recommend them!!

Jun 20th, 2011

I went in with my husband several times in last three years and because i never had any issues with my body. However, when i got sick and went to see him they didn't want to tell me what the problem was, they soon passed me to nurse practioner Becky, she always makes the same remark, "I wouldn't worry, you're young," and oh yeah, about my dryness.."use KY jelly," as if that were the answer to all my problems. Also when concerned about my odor down there..she replied, "just change clothes." I would not ever go back, nor would i recommend any one ever to go there. When I needed birth control information.. they did not give any, nor did they advice me on the best for me. Also they have a new slim hispanic lady who blew up on my husband the first time we met her because we let them know that we were not getting good service or the same answers even though i had new symptoms.

May 21st, 2011

So far my experience has been good. Office staff is very nice. I prefer to see Dr. Weix. I don't know why a nurse practitioner is sent in to see me as I am high risk and almost 9 months. I have to request to see the doctor. Also waiting area needs to be remodeled. It is closed in an gloomy. All n all care has been good so far.

|  Exceptional staff  |  show details
Apr 13th, 2011

I have only been there once, and my appt was with Becky, the nurse practitioner, but the whole staff there is so friendly and accomidating. I have called them on several occasions to have them fax medical records (I had several blood tests done), call in rxs for me until I could get to my specialists, etc... they always do these with a smile and so FAST! By far the best obgyn in the area, as far as I am concerned. Becky and the nurse (I cant remember her name now) took time to answer all of my questions, and respected my need to get in and out quick to pick up my son from daycare. I am trying to get pregnant and am excited to work with them when I am!

|  Saved me from a horrible Dr :)  |  show details
Mar 21st, 2011

I can't say enough how much I appreciate Dr Weix. I had a horrible OB when I had my son. She caused a need to have emergency surgery AND Dr Weix was the only one willing to do it within hours on New Year's Eve '05. I never knew what it was like to have a GOOD Doc until meeting Dr Weix. He delivered my daughter 2 years later and let me do it my way. Even running to LMC inbetween appointments to check on me during my labor. The NP and staff are amazing too!

by Kandace B. on Dec 29th, 2010

I really enjoyed my visits with Dr. Weix, and his staff. Everyone seemed to be genuine. Dr. Weix delivered my first and only child, and if I still lived in the area, he would still be my Dr. He is highly recommended in my book!

|  Horrible Expierence  |  show details
Jun 17th, 2010

I went in for my first visit during this visit the doctor cut me short when I was explaining the complications I had been having. He then did an unecessary pap on me as I had had one alittle more than 6 months prior and have never had any unusal ones. When it was time for my first sonogram he placed the machine on me found my baby and was like there is your blob right there thats about what it looks like and then was done lasted all of 1 min. He never once told me expected due date or my gestation. I only knew this information from a hospital visit that I had to make. I was willing to give him another chance as anyone can have a bad day. Upon my second appointment I was having severe headaches and when the nurse took my blood pressure she said it was elevated I was very concerned with this as I have always had perfect blood pressure even with my first pregnancy and I immmediatly started asking the nurse questions. She said that the doctor would be the one to answer the questions for me. When the doctor came in I told him about the severe headaches and he said he would prescribe me something and started proceeding to leave the room both my fiance and me were trying to ask him questions and he just kept trying to leave. When I asked about the blood pressure issue he just ignored me and said oh your fine. He then left. I left the doctors office sooo frustrated they are suppose to help you not hurt you. I wouldnt recommend this doctor to anyone who wants quailty care.

|  The Best of The Best  |  show details
by Niki Petty on Apr 14th, 2010

Great Doctor for all Moms to be!!!! His support staff is awesome.. No question to small!!

|  Good doctor, office staff is rude  |  show details
Sep 30th, 2009

Dr. Weix is a great physician, his staff however needs a lot of work!!!