A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Paul Kimmel:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Paul Kimmel, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Nephrology.
- He has special expertise in 10 areas:
- AIDS-Associated Nephropathy
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Diabetic Kidney Disease (Diabetic Nephropathies)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Kidney Disease
- Kidney Disease (Glomerulonephritis)
- Kidney Failure (Uremia)
- Kidney Transplant (Renal Transplant)
- Nephrotic Syndrome
- Renal Replacement Therapy
Education & Awards
Dr. Kimmel graduated from New York University. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Kimmel has 2 hospital affiliations:
- George Washington Univ Hospital
- George Wash University
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Kimmel accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 19 plans
- CareFirst - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans