Dr. Paul Leva MD Patient Reviews

• Internal Medicine Elmhurst, NY

April 4th, 2017
Excellent doctor
A very long wait but well worth it for Dr Paul He genuinely cares about his patients He stays up on new medical treatments and results. He's very thorough. Staff is excellent I'm sure they hear a lot of patients complaining about the wait but as I say he is worth the wait.

June 9th, 2016
Spent an hour and 45 minutes waiting to see the doctor. The staff was rude and less forthcoming to my questions. After talking with patients, any wait less than 2 hours was considered quick. Was told I needed to see the doctor every time I needed refills (these were maintenance medications).

March 2nd, 2016
Would not take my dog to this doctor. The medical assistant is extremely rude. You wait forever for results and the doctor is never on time. Do not waste you time or copay on this doctor. They suck!!

February 9th, 2016
Patient
Like other people have said, this doctor is like a walking encyclopedia. Spends time with you, never making you feel rushed. He practices evidence based medicine and always knows about the newest and latest.

February 9th, 2016
Great doctor
I would never change this doctor. Has lots of empathy and is a walking medical encyclopedia!

January 9th, 2015
I have found my visits to Dr. Leva's office to be pleasant. Staff is friendly, business like and professional. Dr. Leva takes time to listen and offers good advice. He seems very focused. I don't see doctors much thankfully but Dr. Paul has been a good find for me.

December 23rd, 2014
He's a very good doctors, prescribes vitamins as well a traditional medication.

December 19th, 2014
very clean and new state-of-the-art equipment. with competent and nice people . and yes the doctor is great too.

July 5th, 2014
I think.Paul leva is sn awesome Dr. Sometimes the wait is a bit long,but he is worth the wait.

March 6th, 2014
Absolutely The Worst
The wait is crazy.I called 15 min before appointment and receptionist told me there were 3 people in the waiting room.I figure that's not bad.I get there and a co-worker was one of the patients waiting.He had told me he had been waiting for an hour.He wasn't seen for another half hour later.Sure there were only 3 people in waiting room but another 4 sitting in the rooms on the other side of the door.Horrible the receptionist wasn't straight with me.Ive waited for hours each time I go there.Thats the reason I called this time.I still got shafted.As for the Dr.Seems like a nice guy,but I feel like I have to tell him why I am there even though he says he has to see me due to blood results.Pushes every kinda test on you I feel to just bang the insurance company.Im done with him.I wouldn't recommend him to anyone.Not even my enemy. Just to compare him to another dr I see,this other dr cancelled an appointment i had made with him,1 day before I was to see him.His receptionist called and said he had to perform an operation on a patient the day of my appointment .I understand those things happen.But 3 days after she called,I received a letter from him stating he was sorry and stated the reason he had to cancel.And if I wanted to talk to him about it,please call him and he'd be happy to discuss it.Now that's a professional!

September 5th, 2013
Save yourself the time and find another Dr. Office is horrible and the wait is forever.

August 2nd, 2013
Had enough
I've been a patient of Dr Paul's for many years. I've finally reached the point where I will no longer use his services. At this office their is no respect for your time. Prepare to spend at least two hours in total. In addition, he's quick to prescribe pharmaceuticals without performing a thorough assessment. Based on his diagnoses I suffered from low testosterone and his advice was to apply Testosterone gel to address the low levels. However, after seeing a Urologist it was determined this course of treatment would have been ineffective as due to my excessive abdominal fat weight any available Testosterone was being converted to Estrogen and this is why my levels were low.