Internist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore. CitySearch.
by Jack D on Dec 23rd, 2014

He's a very good doctors, prescribes vitamins as well a traditional medication.

Dec 19th, 2014

very clean and new state-of-the-art equipment. with competent and nice people . and yes the doctor is great too.

Jul 5th, 2014

I think.Paul leva is sn awesome Dr. Sometimes the wait is a bit long,but he is worth the wait.

|  Both Paul and Ginny Leva are TERIBBLE  |  show details
May 20th, 2014

Doctor Leva (Both Ginny and Paul) have been my primary care doctors for a couple of years (since high school) because they were the closest to my house. Luckily I never had many problems and just needed a check up here and there. Let me just say that they make you wait in the waiting room for over an hour and then when you're finally in a room to be seen by the doctor, you're waiting another hour on top of that. This is why I've been avoiding this office for a long time and just go to urgent care when I need something minor. Unfortunately I had to see a primary to get some pre-surgical testing done (EKG, Bloodwork, etc). I made my appointment for 12:20pm. As I was waiting in the waiting room I overheard one of the women sitting across from me ask the receptionist when the doctor was going to be in. HE WASN'T EVEN IN THE OFFICE YET! He came in about 12:30pm (I was there since about 11:50 so I had been waiting a while). There were three women before me and there was already two other patients in rooms waiting for him to arrive. A nice old woman had been there since 10:30am and finally got out of the office around 2:00pm. I was finally put in a room around 1:30pm and the nurse did the EKG. I had to wait for Dr. Paul to come into my room to type stuff into the computer and check my breathing (which is apparently all he's good for) and finally the nurse was able to finish up by taking some blood. I got out of the office around 3:00pm. What if I had to go back to work or I had other errands to do? Apparently when you visit this office you need to clear your entire schedule because it's an all day event. All of this was done on May 8th and I just got a call from the doctor's office that's preforming the surgery saying that they never received my paperwork from Dr. Leva's office and my surgery is in TWO DAYS! I called the office and the receptionist outright told me it's been sitting there ready to be cleared by the doctor but he hasn't done it yet. She said she would "text" him (because you know, calling is out of the question? What a great way for them to correspond with the doctor) and that they'll tell him to clear it. I informed them that it better be done right away and if it doesn't reach my Orthopedic's office by the end of the day I'm calling them every hour tomorrow until it's been cleared and sent over. This is completely unacceptable and I have no idea how either of these doctors have any business. Dr. Paul is a lazy, uncaring jerk and his wife is money-hungry and only cares about up-selling her botox and plastic surgery. AVOID BOTH OF THESE DOCTORS AT ALL COSTS! I'm most definitely finding a different primary doctor after this. I will never step foot into that office again!

|  Absolutely The Worst  |  show details
by Patient on Mar 6th, 2014

The wait is crazy.I called 15 min before appointment and receptionist told me there were 3 people in the waiting room.I figure that's not bad.I get there and a co-worker was one of the patients waiting.He had told me he had been waiting for an hour.He wasn't seen for another half hour later.Sure there were only 3 people in waiting room but another 4 sitting in the rooms on the other side of the door.Horrible the receptionist wasn't straight with me.Ive waited for hours each time I go there.Thats the reason I called this time.I still got shafted.As for the Dr.Seems like a nice guy,but I feel like I have to tell him why I am there even though he says he has to see me due to blood results.Pushes every kinda test on you I feel to just bang the insurance company.Im done with him.I wouldn't recommend him to anyone.Not even my enemy. Just to compare him to another dr I see,this other dr cancelled an appointment i had made with him,1 day before I was to see him.His receptionist called and said he had to perform an operation on a patient the day of my appointment .I understand those things happen.But 3 days after she called,I received a letter from him stating he was sorry and stated the reason he had to cancel.And if I wanted to talk to him about it,please call him and he'd be happy to discuss it.Now that's a professional!

Sep 5th, 2013

Save yourself the time and find another Dr. Office is horrible and the wait is forever.

|  Had enough  |  show details
Aug 2nd, 2013

I've been a patient of Dr Paul's for many years. I've finally reached the point where I will no longer use his services. At this office their is no respect for your time. Prepare to spend at least two hours in total. In addition, he's quick to prescribe pharmaceuticals without performing a thorough assessment. Based on his diagnoses I suffered from low testosterone and his advice was to apply Testosterone gel to address the low levels. However, after seeing a Urologist it was determined this course of treatment would have been ineffective as due to my excessive abdominal fat weight any available Testosterone was being converted to Estrogen and this is why my levels were low.

|  Great doctor / great results  |  show details
by Scot L. on Aug 2nd, 2013

Doctor Paul Leva is a great person who really cares about his patients and that is why he gives them what ever time they need. His staff is caring and professional and always helpful. Doctor Leva really helped me a great deal through some personal emergencies including disagreeing with my doctor of many years which lead to a correct diagnosis and five stents. My doctor of many years prior said I had acid reflux when I actually had five major blockages in my heart. Doctor Leva started out as a second opinion and now is my primary physician. Probably saved my life.

|  Dr. Paul Leva saved my life  |  show details
by John Joseph Dowling Jr. on Jul 29th, 2013

Dr. Paul Leva was referred to me after years of struggling with a rare disease that I was told there was no cure for by one of his long time patients whom he had helped find the source of his long term uncured disease himself. Doctor Leva was relentless in the time he gave me, the tests he ran, the quick and thorough analysis of the results, as well as the specific organic plans that he suggested which proved that although my disease was incurable, he was able to bring it under control. Although his suggestions were not always conventional, each one of them were invaluable to the end result, which was saving my life. There is no amount of gratitude I could show to an individual who went up and above the call of duty finding and isolating so many areas of pain which were formally attributed to side effects of medications, which were actually other diseases all together that one at a time doctor Paul Leva and I were able to eliminate through diet and the use of new medications not previously offered or suggested to me. I highly recommend Dr. Leva to anyone who has suffered without explanation or who has not found a previous solution to their medical issues. He even fought with insurance companies to provide tests and services they never approved prior to his involvement, and were the key factors in me being alive today. His team at "Doctors of Northport" where he practices are equally as passionate and courteous to their patients and in over twenty years of dealing with this illness, I have never found a doctor who followed through with the compassion and enthusiasm as doctor Leva.

|  unprofessional staff  |  show details
by Maria on Jul 9th, 2013

I have been to the Elmhurst office several times. Staff each time has been extremely unprofessional, especially Kelly. The doctor is sloppy, seems money hungry. Will go elsewhere.

Jul 1st, 2013

Dr Leva is a nice man. The issues I have are many. An extremely long wait time. I've never waited under an hour, nor has my wife. There is limited hours in Northport and you cannot even leave a message on the phone during off hours for someone to get back to you. Recently, the doctor prescribed my wife a medication she had an allergic reaction to. She called to describe what was happening and asked the receptionist for an urgent reply on what she should to next. She called two more times over the next 2 hours and the office staff and doctor were clearly annoyed that she called. No apology, no sense of urgency whatsoever. And to boot, they've been billing me for a $15 payment for the past 12 months...even though I've repeatedly provided proof I paid it. Do yourself a favor- find another office in the area.

|  ginny leva fake cosmetic expert  |  show details
May 22nd, 2012

my god ,why did i go to these money hungry quacks. why did they change????

Mar 30th, 2012

I went there one week and waited an hour for a 5 minute exam and he ordered an abundant amount of blood work tests and then I got the results one day and it took 2 not 1 but 2 days for the doc to review them and then the office was closed the next day. I went in a few days later for a follow up and again waited 30 mins, even after they called me to come in early because of cancellations. The exam was again 5 mins long and prescribed a list of vitamins and he didn't even want to hear about how I was feeling. The doctor, Paul, looks like he is a regular person, sloppy clothes and greasy hair. I also got a copy of my labs and saw there were high numbers on there that clearly said HIGH and he never bought it up and paid attention to it. Save your time STAY AWAY!

|  Horrible  |  show details
Dec 30th, 2011

When I walked in my first impression was I thought I was in a barn. They layout of this office is horrible, not enough seating, the exam rooms are filthy and last but not least the doctor himself looked like a patient...i would not recommend this doctor to anyone...they should concentrate more on their patients rather than push his wifes cosmetics..bottom line i would not take my dog to this office.

Oct 28th, 2011

Only cares about getting paid. Does not care about you or your pain/illness. I will never go there again.Keep looking to find a real doctor.

|  880.00 for otc cough Medicine wo seeing Dr.  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Aug 21st, 2009 on insiderpages.com

I should have known better when I walked into leva`s office. A portrait not good of ginny leva taking up space in sittingwaiting area wit...

|  Ginny Leva Paul Md - Doctors Of Northport Primary is  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Aug 4th, 2009 on insiderpages.com

MONEY HUNGRY, CREEPY CHEAPRead between the small amount of lines.Have a brain dead Human Lizard living on the premise.Ginny shoves f...

|  Poor Medical Advice  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Feb 25th, 2009 on insiderpages.com

Almost Killed me with their prescription advice.Blood pressure had always in the past been considered low. Go to this practice and they clai...

by flowersbymary on Jan 23rd, 2009 on citysearch.com

Poor advice and treatment from this husband and wife partnership. 5 minute visit-wrong diagnosis-wrong 90 day prescriptions..

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
 |  Only desperation should bring you to this doctor  |  show details
by Citysearch User on May 24th, 2006 on insiderpages.com

This is the practice of Paul and Ginny Leva, MD, a husband and wife doctor practice. My husband only goes here because its so hard to find ...