Dr. Peter Chan MD Patient Reviews

• Surgery of the Hand Morristown, NJ

April 27th, 2017
Awful experience WC doctor don't use him!
Terrible experience waited an hour to see him he spent two minutes looking at me did little measurements didn't look or listen to what I had to say about my injury said I don't see anything back to work. The insurance company pushes and pays off these doctors they don't give a crap about their patients.

September 17th, 2016
Typical Workers Comp Doctor
I agree and concur with all the accounts of his rude and abrasive manner. He did not listen to what I said. He was badgering, etc. If this wasn't workers comp where I was at his mercy, I would have walked out

August 5th, 2016
Sincere, Honest and Talented
As I read the reviews I can't help but wonder what side of the bed did they wake up on, or are they the type of people just going doctor to doctor to hear what they want to hear? Dr Chan is brilliant, he's there as a professional and will give you the most honest opinion around. I have recommended Dr. Chan to many people in my community. He is honest, caring, knowledgable and his follow through is impeccable. He saved my hand several years ago. Also had carpal tunnel release and was amazed that I was virtually pain free the next day following surgery. But what I'm most impressed by, is that one weekend night several years ago, my then 8 year old son fell and his arm was mangled. I called Dr. Chan's service, he was at a bbq and called in orders to the ER, and was there before we arrived. He set his ulna & radius with perfection. He narrowly escaped surgery and pins and I'm grateful. I'm setting up for a surgery coming up once again, he knows my extensive health history and is cautious, concerned and the only one I would trust. He doesn't have all the accolades for no reason. Would recommend over and over without hesitation!

January 3rd, 2016
I am a hairdresser and had severe trama to my two fingers due to a accident. I arrived at Morristown Memorial er and they told me they were calling Dr Chan in. When he arrived, I found him very personal, very reassuring, and confident. I was so afraid I'd have to lose a finger and my career would be over, but he reassured me that he wouldn't let that happen. He operated on me in the er and assured me the whole time. He totally saved my fingers,my career. He's a wonderful talented Dr. He also returned my call within 5 minutes, when I had slept through my pain meds. On a Sunday morning. That's a first for me with a Dr.. He is a dedicated caring Dr.who saved my fingers and my career.

November 18th, 2015
Dr Dismissive
Spent a few minutes with me, talked at me as if we were having an argument, and sent me on my way with no help.

September 5th, 2015
Highly Recommend
Excellent surgeon. Saved my son's hand!!! Dr. Chan reattached nerve which had been severed in an accident. Dr. Chan came immediately to the hospital at night after the accident and was with us every step on the way. Highly recommend him!!

February 9th, 2015
Dr. Chan is very professional, compassionate, and definitely the best at what he does. He goes above and beyond the call of duty. He is also the kindest man with a great personality.

September 28th, 2014
Dr. Chan behavior Unethical and Unprofessional
Don't bother to go to this doctor, he thinks he's GOD because he performed a few good surgeries. But reality is that he does not care for any patients, for their pain and he does not take the time to explain or to give you any advise regarding your problem. He is so rude to the point he talks to people down and don't care what you have to say, he got mad because I asked to perform further tests instead of just poking my hand and arm around, mad to te point he rushed me out of his office. DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR!!!!!!!!

September 12th, 2014
Couldn't ask for any better
I read all his reviews and for what I experience with Dr.Chan as he performed surgery on my hand was outstanding, he made me feel comfortable and he did what he had to do so for all you that gave him a negative review umm check yourself the man knows his stuff!!!!

August 19th, 2014
Abrasive Bedside Manner
Terribly abrasive and rude. This doctor yelled at my mother as a parent chastises a child. And all she did was ask an essential question. I was shocked that someone would speak to someone older than them in that fashion, and moreover, that a doctor could speak to a patient in the awful way this man spoke to my mother.

February 22nd, 2014
Dedicated and Caring Surgeon
I suffered for a longtime with Bilateral Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, i tried numerous methods of recovery including doctors but to no avail. I was referred to Dr. Chan and i have no regrets being under his care. I was to the point where i felt like giving up and he gave me hope. He was like a mentor to me, assisted with my preparation for surgery which i though would be difficult to get through especially recovery. With his help and dedication to see me succeed and fully functional. I have never had that experience personally with a surgeon who went out of his way to make myself and family feel as if they care. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Chan to anyone for Hand Surgery he is awesome, professional and very knowledgeable about all aspects of hand injury.

February 14th, 2014
EXCELLENT EXPERIENCE
Staff was the most "patient orientated" that I have ever experienced. They went out of their way to make us comfortable. Friendly, pleasant, offered me coffee while waiting for patient. Entire building was clean and beautiful. Dr. Chan showed up in the snow storm, he cleaned our car after the surgery and warmed it up for us and drove it to the front door. I have never met a surgeon like him. Him and his staff all get a perfect score from us.