A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Peter Heffer:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Peter Heffer is Below Average.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Heffer
Pulmonary Embolism Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications available by reading our pulmonary embolism patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Heffer Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Peter Heffer, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Heffer graduated from State University of New York Downstate, Brooklyn.
Dr. Heffer has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Parkway Hospital
- Flushing Hospital Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Peter Joseph Heffer MD is a male Internist, has 44 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- Where does Dr. Peter J. Heffer practice?
- Dr. Peter Heffer has 1 office location.
Dr. Peter Heffer practices Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease near Flushing, NY.
See Flushing Internists and Flushing Cardiologists.