Overall Review

3.1

June 24th, 2016
Would highly recommend Dr. Tang and his staff. Have had 3 surgeries with him and all were successfully.

May 3rd, 2016
Terrible Manners and Listening Skills
I was referred to Dr Tang for a hand injury. He spent no time actually checking to see what was wrong, deciding that my pain was entirely psychological. He refused to acknowledge that I may have had any physical damage. I went for a second opinion, where I had an MRI scan on my hand. I'm glad I listened to my instincts, because it turned out I have a fracture AND a torn ligament. I would never recommend Dr Tang to anyone. His bedside manner is terrible and he discounts what your own body is telling you.

July 9th, 2015
Has been curtious and anxious to help me return to a normal life still. Had a terrible fall from a ladder, and needed various surgeries. Thank you Allegheny General for a wonderful doctor and staff. I highly recommend Dr. Tang

February 18th, 2013
very bad bedside manner
The only word that comes to mind to describe Dr. Tang is "mean." He seemed to recommend surgery as a preventive option even though not currently needed. I'd look for another doctor. Staff and intern couldn't have been nicer.

January 29th, 2013
Get A Second Opinion
Dr. Tang recommended surgery (and nothing else) for a fairly simple problem. I got a second opinion, and am glad I did. My problem did not require surgery to address. (A previous reviewer mentioned he was rude. This sounds about like the experience I had. Dr. Tang was dismissive--to the point of irritation--when I asked if there were any non-surgical options for treating my problem. I guess anything other than doing surgeries doesn't make him enough $$.)

April 27th, 2012
rude, rude, rude
He was completely rude and impatient with me for what he diagnosed as tendonitis. He made me feel stupid when I asked follow-up questions, and acted like he had better things to do - as if my injury was trivial. And, notably, he did not have any plans on seeing me again to check on my progress. His staff and intern, on the other hand, were lovely.

February 13th, 2012
Mis-diagnosed my problem
The doctor spent very little time with me, did only some basic tests of my hand strength (did only very limited tests of my hand mobility, did not take an X-ray) resulting in his mis-diagnosing my problem. He recommended I go to physical therapy 3 times a week, which was unnecessary. Luckily my problem is not very serious, and it is on the way to being resolved, but this because I was lucky enough to find someone good after Dr. Tang. If this is the quality of care for something simple, what can one expect with a serious condition? His office was ok and the staff were nice.