Dr. Peter Van Dyck MD Patient Reviews

• Psychiatry Raleigh, NC

3.9

October 7th, 2013
The kindest most understanding psychiatrist I know
Dr. Van Dyck is the kindest, most understanding psychiatrist I have ever met. He accurately diagnosted me and has been patient and kind to me during this very difficult time in my life.

October 24th, 2012
Needs Improvement
PROS -Spends adequate amount of time with me -Generally a nice person CONS -3 Words: LATE, LATE, LATE-Not committed to clients: too busy to give individualized care, forgets important details, repeatedly asks the same questions -Poor communication: bad at returning calls-Disorganized: poor time management, always sifts through my file because he never remembers anything about me -Stubborn

December 29th, 2011
Very Wise.. but, after all the years, not tolerant when I need him.. called it ridiculous and told me I was drunk.. ok.. and said he would have to charge me, ok.. well he quit taking my insurance, and I havent called late in a long time, but after all this time, I guess its time to move on. He is sharp, but only to a point tolerant...

December 2nd, 2011
There is always one or two people waiting to go ahead of me (because he's behind), which makes my wait longer. That can be frustrating; however, he more than makes up for being late 100% of the time by spending quality time with his patients. He makes sure to check in and talk about the situation. I've been to other healthcare professionals before and compared to the rest, Dr. van Dyck isn't intimidating. That is a breath of fresh air because many doctors can be snooty. Schedule your appointments during a time when you have plenty of free time that way the fact that he was late won't affect your other plans.

May 22nd, 2011
Be careful
After being put on way too many medications by another psychiatrist, I saw Dr. Van Dyck. He not only continued to prescribe 9 psychiatric medications, he added more to my list. After becoming suicidal, I was told by an EMS worker that his son became suicidal after taking many psychiatric medications prescribed by Dr. Van Dyck. After stopping the medication, my suicidality stopped, and my life improved drastically, but this did not occur until I went to a different doctor. I think that Dr. Van Dyck is a smart man, but perhaps when something is more than he knows what to do with, he just tosses meds at the situation...

October 13th, 2009
This doctor is a listener and seems to understand
He will smile upon greeting you and ask you to sit down on his sofa. Then he will ask YOU what YOU need. What do YOU think and feel. Do YOU agree with his diagnosis? Friendly kind, understanding,more importantly smart.....real smart. This guy is a diamound in the rough.