Neurologist (brain, nervous system), Psychiatrist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

Some ratings provided by CitySearch.
 |  The kindest most understanding psychiatrist I know  |  show details
by jennifer on Oct 7th, 2013

Dr. Van Dyck is the kindest, most understanding psychiatrist I have ever met. He accurately diagnosted me and has been patient and kind to me during this very difficult time in my life.

|  Needs Improvement  |  show details
Oct 24th, 2012

PROS -Spends adequate amount of time with me -Generally a nice person CONS -3 Words: LATE, LATE, LATE-Not committed to clients: too busy to give individualized care, forgets important details, repeatedly asks the same questions -Poor communication: bad at returning calls-Disorganized: poor time management, always sifts through my file because he never remembers anything about me -Stubborn

Dec 29th, 2011

Very Wise.. but, after all the years, not tolerant when I need him.. called it ridiculous and told me I was drunk.. ok.. and said he would have to charge me, ok.. well he quit taking my insurance, and I havent called late in a long time, but after all this time, I guess its time to move on. He is sharp, but only to a point tolerant...

Dec 2nd, 2011

There is always one or two people waiting to go ahead of me (because he's behind), which makes my wait longer. That can be frustrating; however, he more than makes up for being late 100% of the time by spending quality time with his patients. He makes sure to check in and talk about the situation. I've been to other healthcare professionals before and compared to the rest, Dr. van Dyck isn't intimidating. That is a breath of fresh air because many doctors can be snooty. Schedule your appointments during a time when you have plenty of free time that way the fact that he was late won't affect your other plans.

|  Be careful  |  show details
May 22nd, 2011

After being put on way too many medications by another psychiatrist, I saw Dr. Van Dyck. He not only continued to prescribe 9 psychiatric medications, he added more to my list. After becoming suicidal, I was told by an EMS worker that his son became suicidal after taking many psychiatric medications prescribed by Dr. Van Dyck. After stopping the medication, my suicidality stopped, and my life improved drastically, but this did not occur until I went to a different doctor. I think that Dr. Van Dyck is a smart man, but perhaps when something is more than he knows what to do with, he just tosses meds at the situation...

|  Quality Care, knowledgable and gracious  |  show details
by rpraying at Citysearch on Sep 14th, 2010 on citysearch.com

I was diagnosed with PTSD and severe depression. I was afraid of getting stuck on meds forever and didn`t want to be manipulated by a bunch of psychobabble. I really wanted a Christian psychiatrist who not only claimed to be a Christian but counseled from a biblical perspective. Peter did just that. He helped me to understand what was wrong with me and how to deal with it he didn`t push meds on me but recommended what he thought would help me most and let me make the decision he quoted scripture and encouraged counseling with my pastor as my primary care. I definitely recommend Peter B van Dyck to anyone in need of quality care.

|  Irresponsible  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Jan 13th, 2010 on insiderpages.com

A family member recommended him to me after learning this was a Christian psychiatry. I do lean on my faith in God but I didn`t expect this....

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
 |  Wonderful Staff  |  show details
by bill001 on Dec 2nd, 2009 on citysearch.com

After several treatments here I feel alot better about myself and my relationships with other people. I didn`t realize I was carrying such a big Chip on my shoulders, and this has been a big help in my marriage. I would highly recomend Peter B Van Dyck to anyone in need of counseling.

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
 |  This doctor is a listener and seems to understand  |  show details
by Rusell Villard on Oct 13th, 2009

He will smile upon greeting you and ask you to sit down on his sofa. Then he will ask YOU what YOU need. What do YOU think and feel. Do YOU agree with his diagnosis? Friendly kind, understanding,more importantly smart.....real smart. This guy is a diamound in the rough.

by wolfpackfan4 on Jan 21st, 2009 on citysearch.com

Thought I was finding a good Christian based counseling service, but they completely disregarded what we (parents) said and "sided" with the kids - in our case, a teenager who needed some wise, godly guidance & counsel. You have to know that this was a l