A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Philip Gelber:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Philip Gelber, Cardiologist is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Philip Gelber, MD, FACC is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Gelber graduated from University of Chicago. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Gelber has 12 hospital affiliations:
- North Shore Univ Hosp At Plainview
- North Shore University Hospital At Syosset
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Gelber accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 16 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 34 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 15 plans
- Unicare - 11 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Evercare - 1 plan
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Philip M. Gelber practice?
Dr. Philip Gelber practices Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, Critical Care Medicine, Cardiology, and Critical Care Medicine near New Hyde Park, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Roslyn, NY and Manhasset, NY.
See New Hyde Park Internists, New Hyde Park Cardiologists, New Hyde Park Critical Care Practitioners, and New Hyde Park Anesthesiologists.