by john d on Feb 22nd, 2016

I find it perplexing that this doctors’ only claim is that he does not do any cosmetic treatments (in a very broad definition of the term as he would not remove seborrhea keratosis that was bleeding). He calls himself “serious” dermatologist, and yet my “cosmetic’ dermatologist was the one who found and biopsied an early melanoma of my cheek that Prioelau missed during the prior visit 3 months earlier.

long time patient show details long time patient
Jan 28th, 2016

1 star is too much. This doctor was seeing my father for the past 15 years. He never bothered to biopsy a lesion on his leg, just kept freezing it every 6 months despite the fact that the spot grew and bled. My father required 5 hrs of MOHS surgery and a skin grafting. Final whole was 3 inches wide. That cancer was there for years! Avoid at all cost.

by Carl L on Jul 27th, 2015

Dr. Prioleau is a consummate professional. Straight forward and informative. You know he is a serious doctor and are immediately confident in him. He handles skin lesions and does Mohs surgery. He is not a cosmetic dermatologist. His staff is efficient and professional as well. The wait to see him is for a good reason, he is one of the very best.

Feb 17th, 2015

Seems to be excellent physician, but wildly expensive.

he missed my melanoma show details he missed my melanoma
by jh on Oct 26th, 2014

this doctor self-proclaimed skin cancer specialist missed my melanoma. he told me that the spot on my leg was "nothing to worry about". it was stage 2 melanoma.

average at best show details average at best
by joan on Jul 31st, 2014

Dr. Prioleau was highly recommended by my GP. I found him to be rushed, distant and indifferent to my skin complains. What kind of doctor tells his patient you don’t need to treat your pre cancer keratosis? Should I wait for them to grow into invasive cancers for him to recommend treatments? His practice of medicine does not make sense!

Apr 28th, 2012

Excellent and professional. Very knowledgeable. It is a pleasure to have the benefit of his experience and calm demeanor. Inspires confidence with his diagnoses and treatment.

great doctor, kind staff, nice atmosphere in office show details great doctor, kind staff, nice atmosphere in office
by Ann Sauter on Jun 30th, 2010

I have seen Dr. Prioleau a number of times on a semi-emergency basis and my late father was also his patient. He is very competent in his diagnosis and he was very careful to make sure that we understood. His staff is also patient with questions and understanding about people traveling a distance to see him having time constraints. It is always a pleasure even if the reason to be there is medical, he is always a kind social gentleman.

Well qualified and ceritfied in unusually diverse but quite complimentary practice areas. show details Well qualified and ceritfied in unusually diverse but quite complimentary practice areas.
Mar 17th, 2010

Knowledgable, able, old school style physician(he pays attention). He possesses rare combination of humility, expertise,knowledge,and is board certified in in surgery, dermatology, and pathology. I haven't often seen this combo. If I had a potential skin problem, I would want his opinion about it.

Oct 16th, 2009

started going to see Dr. P in the mid 90's.... even though i moved away, once coming back, i will go no where else

Feb 16th, 2009

Dr. Prioleau is as caring as he is thorough and professional. Cannot be better.