Primary Care Doctor, Family Practitioner

2.5

Humiliated show details Humiliated
Nov 19th, 2015

I recently met with Dr. Stephens for the first time. This appointment was the most embarrassing, degrading, condescending and humiliating doctor visit I have ever had. Within the first 10 seconds I was told "There is nothing wrong with you. You are not crippled. I do not see a cane, crutches or motorized chair. You are only here looking for a prescriber. It is all in your head, 75% of pain is in your brain and 25% is in your body. You need to be on psychiatric meds. Needless to say, I was so humiliated I got up and walked out of the exam room. How can someone that has never met me say such cruel things to a patient, especially when he has no idea what my issues are? This doctor is the worst I have ever seen.

Good Doctor show details Good Doctor
by Gloria J. Davis on Sep 28th, 2013

Dr. Stephens has great personality. He was friendly, kind and helpful. He has a great sense of humor. I appreciate being under his care and following his instructions. I highly recommend you to see him.

worried show details worried
Apr 5th, 2011

i had an appt. with dr. K Stephens this morning. he was late to my appt. 50 mins, that is to long for someone to be kept waiting, especially if you have a scheduled appt. i had a list of concerns that i wanted to go over with him. he only allowed me to go over one of those concerns, when i was talking to him about a pain i have been having that is work related he told me to get another job and take pain medication everyday. he did not even consider an alternative option like a referral to a specialist, just so that we could rule out all other options, he just told me to get a diff. job and to pop pills everyday to "deal" with the pain. like this world dosent already have enough pill poping addicts.