Orthopaedic Surgeon, Spine Surgeon
5667 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd NE
Suite 220
Atlanta, GA 30342
404-252-2422
Locations and availability (2)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Spinal Cord Injury Or Illness Diagnoisis ,Surgery, and Recovery .  |  show details
by Mark Barron on Jul 3rd, 2014

Dr. James is the Mark Of "Excellence" the "Best Of the Best" ! Dr. James has a passion with a degree of compassion & expertize to properly heal you of any Spinal Cord injury,disease,or illness you may be suffering . Thank You Dr. James and your wonderful Staff !

|  Caring Doctor  |  show details
Jul 25th, 2012

Caring Doctor, I called him late on a Saturday night--concerned about pain from a tumor he had diagnosed that was pressing on my spinal cord. He could have waited until Monday to see me, but instead called his staff in and met me at the hospital and performed emergency surgery. I truly believe that he saved me from some form of paralysis. He is from New Orleans and talks quickly so is sometimes hard to understand. He is funny and a character and very upbeat. Unlike other spine doctors I have gone to, he was thorough with his initial examinations. He and his staff seem to treat their patients like human beings. They also give out sample medications to save patient's money on prescriptions.

|  Dr. Plas James is Wonderful! And I've been around for a long time!  |  show details
Jun 19th, 2011

My prior neurosurgeon had retired after I'd already had 5 spinal surgeries. I was reluctant to even talk to anyone else because the history of my surgeries is so cumbersome. But in the last 2 months I've had "NEW PAIN" in my lumbar region, it was affecting everything and I was crying quite a bit. I happened to be chatting with a friend on Facebook who is scheduled for surgery with Dr. James in July. Because she liked him so much, I called and made an appointment. I feel comfortable with him. His staff is fabulous, he was on time and very, very thorough. While I hate to even think of more surgery, whatever I do, I have confidence in him and will listen. Call me, Jill Elliott, Attorney, 404-580-1015 if you need more information or if you just want to talk.

|  Insurance  |  show details
Nov 11th, 2010

Dr James is a little neurotic but is a Dr. whom is really concerned about the welfare of his patients. I just wish he was in network so I could continue my treatment with him. I feel confident he could fix me and help me get back on my feet rapidly.

|  Office mgr is a rude person  |  show details
by your patient. on Sep 9th, 2010

My first comment to Dr james would be to fire that rude office manager Patti Selders, not only is she rude to patients, she was rude to the girl where I signed in at for my appointment in front of me! How unprofessional..how do they work with her?

|  terrible doctor acts like a child  |  show details
Jun 11th, 2010

he did a back surgery on me. and i am messed up for life. i opened the door to see if anyone was going to wait on me one day i had been there for over an hour. he was danceing and turn around in circles in the hallway . strange behaveyor for a doctor. i would never tell any one to go to him i have spoken to several of his patients who feel the same. so no thanks to q

|  The greatest doctor I know  |  show details
by BBBGA on Jul 23rd, 2009

Dr. James is very nice, listens to what you say. He will tell you what is wrong and not guess. He can always fix what is wrong with you, too.

|  What a great doctor!  |  show details
by Jerri on Jun 16th, 2009

After years of pain, frustration and decreasing quality of life, Dr. James has given me a new lease on the life I want. I can't say enough good things about Dr. James and his wonderful staff. I will be forever grateful to them and credit their expertise with my excellent recovery.