A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Rafael Fernandez:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Rafael Fernandez is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Fernandez
Metastatic Melanoma Patient Education Learn all about metastatic melanoma symptoms and treatments by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Fernandez Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Rafael Fernandez, FAAOS, FACS, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Leg Fracture (Tibial Fractures)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Fernandez graduated from University of Illinois at Chicago. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Fernandez has 11 hospital affiliations:
- Mercy Hospital
- Kendall Regional Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Rafael J Fernandez FAAOS, FACS, and MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 21 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Rafael J. Fernandez practice?
- Dr. Rafael Fernandez has 1 office location.
Dr. Rafael Fernandez practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Coral Gables, FL.
See Coral Gables Surgeons.