A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Rafik Muawwad:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Rafik Muawwad is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Rafik Muawwad, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Muawwad graduated from American University Of Beirut. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Muawwad has 14 hospital affiliations:
- United Medical Center
- Northern Virginia Community Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Muawwad accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 3 plans
- AMERIGROUP - 2 plans
- Priority Partners - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- CareFirst - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 4 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 1 plan
- Unicare - 5 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Delaware - 1 plan