Dr. Raja Tooma MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

August 24th, 2016
I needed to establish a PCP in the area and get my annual physical, which is covered 100% by my insurance. I stated at the time I made the appointment (on line) and on the paperwork at the office, that my visit was to do just that; establish care/annual physical. In the exam room, Dr. Tooma was very nice and it was relaxing to be there…at first. She failed to look at any of my family history (or she would have discussed that) and instead, chose to zero in on my coffee and alcohol intake (which falls well below or within parameters set forth by the Mayo Clinic). I was told to not drink any caffeine (I have approximately 10 oz of coffee a day…and some of that gets tossed into a plant at home) I drink (red) wine with dinner, but apparently that’s a no-no, too. I’m vegetarian/pescatarian, but she told me to stop eating fish. She went on about diet and exercise and ordered blood work and a return visit in two weeks. No physical was given. I assumed this visit was establishing care and that the physical would come with the next visit. Oh, and she wanted to say a prayer before I left the room. I was taken aback, and couldn’t say I was uncomfortable with it. Fast forward, two weeks. A review of the lab work and again, admonished me for drinking wine. (Oh, and it’s listed as Alcohol and Caffeine Abuse on my medical profile) Second visit of being talked to as if I was a child. She brought up how I need to pray to God for help to change my lifestyle. In the conversation, the ‘Right to Die’ came up. When I mentioned it, her entire demeanor shifted. I could see the wheels of judgement turning. (“Judge not, lest ye be judged) When I asked when I would get my physical, she said, “Oh, is that why you’re here?” She then told me that I should have said that in the first visit. Really? It was stated in my paperwork. So now I need to go in for visit #3, to finally get my PAID FOR physical. I don’t believe in mixing religion with medicine, especially when it involves the professional pushing their personal agenda on the patient. I appreciate her insight and information, but I don’t go to a doctor to pray or discuss how God will help me to lose weight. I’m not even sure I’ll return for the physical.

May 17th, 2016
Her advice has been so good for me..

August 28th, 2015
I wish I could give Dr Tooma 10 stars for the time she spent with me. The staff is so kind and courteous, I have always hated going to the Dr but the staff and Dr Tooma try to make me as comfortable as possible. Dr Tooma shows she cares about the person not the clock. Very good people

May 19th, 2015
First Visit
Dr Tooma is a warm, caring professional who took time with me and listened to my concerns. She acted immediately on my symptoms, ordered apprpropriate tests, and will follow up with me in 2 weeks. Her religious pamphlets did not bother me. I am not religious but consider myself tolerant of those who have such beliefs. In no way did she discuss or attempt to push her beliefs on me. She is an excellent health educator and us very patient. Her staff is also very friendly and professional.

June 15th, 2014
Walked into the examination room and was bombarded with religious propaganda, everywhere. One would think that a doctor would be neutral and not try to push her brand of religion on you. Not the case here. However all I did there was give her my medical history and I already had all of it written down for her. I was in there about a half hour. My bill even with insurance was $283! No treatment at all. No consultation. In the process of fighting this bill. Will not go see her again.

July 15th, 2012
The most unprofessional medical doctor I have ever met in my life, imposing her own religious, political, and non-medical advice on me while I was vulnerable and needed medical help to resolve an issue. She then began to personally attack my faith, religion, and personal life, saying that I had a disease, when it wasn't even a disease at all. Avoid her at all costs as she clearly does not know the difference between medical advice and just plain prejudice.