Dr. Rajender Syal MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

April 13th, 2016
#1 Reccomendation
Dr. Syal has a great bedside manner. He was my OBGYN for all 3 of my pregnancies. He is funny and easy going. Staff is friendly and helpful.

March 22nd, 2016
Hopefully he's a better Doctor now
Dr. Syal seemed nice... until I had to switch to Medicaid after losing my job suddenly. He told me right away they don't take Medicaid there, but luckily I looked up the rules and if your past a certain month in pregnancy they HAVE to see you. You could clearly tell it annoyed him and I wasn't welcome. He wasn't even there for the birth, he sent another lady to deliver. This has always left a bad taste in my mouth with this doctor. And he texted during my appointments. SAD! This was in 2009

February 16th, 2015
Spends time with you and answers all your questions. Great bedside manners.

October 27th, 2013
Mixed Emotions
When I first began seeing Dr. Syal I was thrilled. His non dramatic attitude towards pregnancy made me feel at ease but maybe that is not always best. My baby had been breeched at every ultrasound and at my 37 week appointment; by vaginal exam only he confirmed that the baby had turned head down. He did not confirm with an ultrasound. Unfortunately when I went into labor he was not on call. After a long labor and 1.5 hour of pushing the on call doctor decided to vacuum the baby out. To all of our surprise he was still BREECHED!! This normal delivery turned into a dramatic and very chaotic experience. It was too late for a C section and delivering a breeched baby was the most painful thing I have ever experienced!! The scariest day of my life. We could have both lost our lives had the on call doctor not acted so fast. So long story short Dr. Syal was great at first but seems over confident at times. I think he is knowledgeable and competent but please be your own advocate if you choose to see him.

July 15th, 2013
I went to Dr. Syal in 1996 and I loved him! I would highly reccomend him.

January 10th, 2012
Amazing birth experience!
The only complaint was I felt rushed once I finally got to see him. He handled my one emergency though with extreme urgency and caution. I really fe ...

October 28th, 2011
i loved him
my family and i loved him so much that i used him with my daughter my sister used him and im even planning on driving to have him once again for my second child

April 26th, 2011
LOOK FOR ANOTHER DR!
I am normally a very easy person to please when it comes to meeting new doctors. I looked at all of these reviews and others online and decided to try Dr. Syal bc I also have friends who have family members who use him. I am SO sorry I chose to see him. I am new to the woodlands area and was looking for a new OBGYN doctor. Dr. Syal did get me in on a short notice for a well woman's appt, for which I was grateful. HOWEVER, I went to his office with symptoms of a UTI which I had never had, so I was a bit anxious. He told me that he would be taking a urine culture and then prescribing me antibiotics. I also had a pap smear completed. THREE WEEKS after my appt, I still had not received any info from his office on the results from my culture/or pap. I called and was told by a nurse that I had an abnormal pap. SO, Dr. Syal NEVER called me to let me know. WHEN WAS HE PLANNING ON TELLING ME THIS?!!! The only reason I found out was because I called the office wondering about my urine cx. What makes it EVEN worse...he NEVER sent my urine culture off to be tested. The nurse apologized, and said she couldn't even believe what had happened. PLEASE save yourself the grief. I will NEVER be going back to him. I need a OBGYN who actually cares.

May 4th, 2010
Excellent Doctor
I had an awesome experience with Dr Syal with the birth of my first child, he was extremely nice, patient and listened to me!! I would recommend him to anyone- he is excellent!!