Dr. Ravinderan Krishnan MD Patient Reviews

• Ophthalmology Corpus Christi, TX

2.6

September 21st, 2016
It's all about the money!
Dr. Krishnan talked me into an elective tear duct probe that he claimed was successful 80% of the time. What he didn't tell me and I found out afterward is that if tear ducts are 90 to 100% blocked as mine are, the success rate is ZERO. His office quoted me an insurance co-pay that turned out to be only for one eye, but both eyes were done, so my costs almost doubled in out-of-pocket expenses. I was told the post-surgical follow up was free, but I was billed. I feel I was pressured into a completely ineffective surgery so the doctor and his office could take money from a widow of a veteran and her insurance company with no possibility of success. I have approached the doctor in writing and called his office to request a refund with no response whatsoever. Next stop has to be a complaint to the insurance company.

September 8th, 2016
Clerk
I have known Dr. R. Krishnan for years and have always found him to be a pleasant and professional physician. I have seen his work first hand in surgery and his medical documentation, so when my eye doctor referred me to Dr. R. Krishnan, I was more than pleased and my mind was at ease.

May 11th, 2016
Great experience

November 8th, 2015
Rude
Don't trust your eyes or your wallet with this rude, incompetent dr. Everything seems ok till he gets into your ins or wallet.

October 16th, 2015
Extremely pleased with my cataract surgery results.

November 1st, 2012
Excellent doctor with great personality. Kows his business and goes about it in a business like manner.

March 24th, 2011
Dr. Krishnan is a wonderful doctor!!
I was referred to Dr. Krishnan from another doctor after I had seen another doctor in town that couldn't help me. Dr. Krishnan's office and staff were great from the start! They were very nice and helpful. They made me feel good from the start. Then I met Dr. Krishnan who is WONDERFUL! He is very caring and so nice! He saved my vision!! If it wasn't for Dr. Krishnan I would be blind! I will refer everyone I know to him!

February 2nd, 2011
Caring Doctor
Dr. Krishnan took great care of my vision. No more contact lenses or glasses. What a great feeling!

November 24th, 2010
BE WARY
While I think Dr. Krishnan is a competent surgeon I feel he runs a "cookie cutter" practice and does not provide individualized care for patient's with special issues. When results were less than expected (myopic surprise after cataract surgery with Crystalen's iol) Dr. Krishnan did take time for additional appointments and outlined additional procedures (YAG, and if that didn't help a "lasik tweak") which he would do at no charge to improve my vision. I WAS charged for the YAG which caused additional complications (terrible floaters, uveitis & a retinal tear in the right eye which needed a vitrectomy; for which I paid additional $$$$), and and the need for an extended healing period. I have just been released by my retina doctor to proceed with lasik in the left eye (going for a monovision correction at this point) and contacted Dr. Krishnan's office to schedule the surgery - at no charge as promised. I received a call back from his office telling me "he no longer does lasik and would be happy to refer me to a doctor that does??? Guess I've been "dumped"! Interesting that his website states he is a refractive surgeon who does lasik.