Dr. Rebecca Lifchus-Ascher Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Rebecca Lifchus-Ascher?

May 12th, 2015

Confidence

March 9th, 2013

It isn't that simple

I was informed several years ago I had Graves disease and needed to be treated with radioactive iodine to cause death to my thyroid and I would then need to take synthroid for life. This sounded shocking and frightening to me. I asked if there were any options for treatment, not wanting to put radioactive iodine in my body. The doctor told me she didn't know why so many people in this area are resistant to treatment. I was placed on a drug to try to control the thyroid hormone out put. After years of being seen, no ultrasound being done and not feeling well everyday I finally wanted a difinitive treatment. I took the radioactive iodine. It didn't work. I didn't have a follow up appointment for three months. Long story short, after changing dotors, I have Hashimoto's with a toxic nodual causing the excessive thyroid hormone out put. I recently had my thyroid removed and feel amazingly normal. I did not follow this doctors recommended course of action and retake the radioacive iodine witch I have been informed is incressingly dangerous with several long term health risks. It is a difficult disease to deal with. Better methods of diagnosis need to be utilized. Not simply a blood test.

July 3rd, 2012

Best Endo You Could Wish For!

My family doctor recommended Dr. Lifchus-Ascher years ago and I have been delighted to be in her care. She listens, she allows me to experiment with different combinations of medicines to see what works well, she uses a laptop during the appointment so she can scan current and past test results. I have the highest level of trust in Dr. Lifchus-Ascher's medical care plus I like her as a person.

February 28th, 2012

Exceptional! Caring, knowledgeable and if she doesn't know the answer she lets you know. Most important, she listens to you and doesn't dismiss concerns just because a research study or training told her otherwise. Each person is treated as an individual. More than capable of handling complex issues that others can't.

April 12th, 2011

The overall experience with Dr. Lifchus-Ascher is great. One one the office staff is rude and difficult, while the other person is warm and friendly.

January 25th, 2011

Dr. Lifchus-Ascher is very professional and knowledgeable in the field of endocrinology. She has a great bedside manner and has been extremely helpful in helping me with my hypothyroidism.

August 22nd, 2010

Good doctor for me...

I have been seeing Dr. Lifchus for 1 1/2 years now. Dr. Lifchus is a young woman doctor. As a young woman myself, this makes me feel comfortable. I do agree with a prior review that eye contact seems awkward for her, however, she does seem to try to be personable and in comparison to most doctors who don't even bother this is a plus. I have NEVER had to wait longer than 5 minutes for my appointment. The staff and the doctor seem to move things along very quickly. And when records were not received during one of my appointments, efforts were successfully made to acquire them. On my most recent visit however, I arrived 10 minutes late with my 1 and 3 year olds in tow. I apologized for my tardiness and was told that the doctor wouldn't be able to see me because my appointment was over already. This was irritating. I rushed my morning, schlepped the boys out in thier pj's and was feeding them breakfast in the lobby. I obviously went out of my way to try as hard as I could to get there promptly but, as anyone with young children would understand, this doesn't always happen. After the receptionist checked with the doctor I was told that she would see me. So to confirm previous reviewers comments, yes some of the staff can be rude. I was also surprised that only 10 minutes was allotted for my appointment! Once in with the doctor everything was fine. She spent sufficient time with me, answered my questions and did not seem to rush me. She was very patient especially considering I was also juggling my children during the appointment. Finding a doctor that you like is like finding a new friend in that there needs to be a personality fit in addition to the professionalism and knowledge. For me Dr. Lifchus is that fit.

March 30th, 2010

Staff and Dr. are extremely unprofessional

No one in this office was helpful and they were extremely rude and unfriendly. I have never experienced a Dr. with worse bedside manner. I tried to explain how rude the staff was and the Dr laughed and wouldn't even make eye contact. The information I was given was wrong of my diagnoses. I would never want anyone to go through what I did.

March 2nd, 2010

Rude and unprofessional office staff, average doctor

I've been going to Dr. Lifchus for about two years and I'm changing to a new practice. She did not return an important phone call regarding my medication dosage. Her office staff was arrogant. She called my pharmacy with a new dosage but never returned my call to explain.

February 4th, 2010

I HAVE FOUND THE STAFF TO BE VERY HELPFUL. LISTENING TO PROBLEMS AND GOING THE EXTRA MILE TO GET IT DONE. WAS A STAFF MEMBER THERE THAT WAS VERY RUDE BUT HAVENT SEEN HER SINCE DEC 2009. I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS OFFICE TO ANYONE. BOTH PHYSICIANS ARE VERY KNOWLEDGABLE.

June 2nd, 2009

Rude Staff and Wrong Doc

I had made an appointment with Dr. Ryan at this practice but instead was seen by Dr. Lifchus-Ascher. The staff hadn't recieved my old charts (or requested them from what I could tell) so we played to 20 questions game and she proded into who I thought I was a Type 1 diabetic and not a Type 2 even though I have had the GAD65 antibodies test done which I find EXTREMELY RUDE! She basically wasted my time for 45min and then told me to come back in two weeks cause by then the would have recieved my charts and with new lab work (that she ordered...which would cost me $$ to get a copy of thanks to their office policy. When I went to make my appointment the Receptionist was extremely rude and told me the earliest I could get an appointment would be 6-8wks. I didn't go back

February 9th, 2009

Not crazy about the staff but Dr. Lifchus dealing through them to see her. Always feel like this Dr. listens to me and understands so is better able to help me.