Family Practitioner, Primary Care Doctor

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

|  Humble & Caring doctor  |  show details
by Eric H. on Apr 19th, 2013

HI my names Eric, I been seeing Dr.Chan for a little over 2 years now and when I read that 1 star review really made me wonder if it was the same doctor. Dr. Chan has always been honest, nice, and comforting no matter my complaining on whatever it is that's bothering me. And he sends me as well to get blood work done and is concerned about my ears and weight because I'm almost deaf and also with my weight I got little high ldl. I have never once seen him be rude or guide me wrong during an appointment. And I'm a big harley biker walking through his door complaining and he still treats me like a friend. That gives him respect. There was one time that I was in intense pain due to pink eye and he couldn't see me that day yet he walked right past me didn't even say hi lol. I had to go see an eye doctor and fork out the 100's of dollars. I got a little ticked off and stressed from being awake all night. I'll admit that but I got to remember doctors are just like us they have bad days too from time to time. They are no different than you and I. Over all Dr. Chan is 9 times out of 10 a nice guy with a smile and even if he's having a bad day he'll still give you the concern and treatment you need and if he can't figure it out there's 20 other doctors in that building. Dr. Chan is humble enough to ask other doctors I've seen him do it. I'm sure they'll find an answer for whatever your problem is as long as it's medical anyway.

|  A Gem of a Doc!  |  show details
Nov 30th, 2012

I think you really have to wonder when you see one review with 1 star nestled amongst several other reviews with 5 stars if that individual actually saw the same doctor! Dr. Chan actually came to a company event we had with the St. Joseph Heritage Group and spoke for an hour during a "Lunch & Learn" session (yes, I work for a groovy company) a few years ago. I won't go into the details about my many positive experiences with him over the last few years but I will say this - he is a completely caring, THOROUGH doctor who takes his patients very seriously and is concerned about their every symptom. When the negative commenter indicated that "he never sent me for any tests," I KNEW this person was mistaken. I have a full blood panel taken every few months! Then, he has me in to go over every line and detail of my reports. Thereafter, I get a copy, a copy is sent to any of my other doctors I need it sent to, and it is filed electronically. In addition, as I am talking to him, he is typing everything I say, all while looking at me and conversing with me personally. As far as making time for me, you would think there are no other patients in the world that he has to see. He gives me an enormous amount of attention and has worked with me on my particular issue to the point where it is almost completely gone! He was my very own cheerleader at my successes with the initial diagnosis and the positive outcome of following his advice and making the necessary changes in my life to eradicate this particular issue. He is a wonderful doctor and I am blessed to have his care for me. God bless you, Dr. Chan. And Daisy, your nurse; she's a complete doll! :D

|  A Caring Doctor  |  show details
Oct 19th, 2012

Regan is the most caring Doctor you will encounter. He is patient, thoughtful and most important caring. My well being is the primary concern without regard to time spent during consultation. He is always willing to work thru lunch and or stay to accomodate my hours. This is truly a professional caring Doctor.

|  misdiagnosis and poor attitude  |  show details
Sep 3rd, 2012

I visited him several times to for an ongoing illness of stomach pains and feeling like I was going to vomit all day. Much of my time with him was spent on him asking my symptoms (them remaining consistent however intensifying), him believing me to be pregnant, and having me take always negative pregnancy tests. After 4 visits and his conclusion that I was not pregnant (duh), he had me try a medicine. The medicine improved my symptoms somewhat and since it was a medicine for acid reflux, he insisted that is what I had. I did not have any symptoms of acid reflux, unless feeling like I wanted to vomit 24/7 was one, but as far as everything else there was none. After a time the medicine no longer helped and I called Dr. Chan desperate because I could no longer live that way and asked him to please run any tests needed to find out what was making me sick. He told me that he already diagnosed me, that I had acid reflux and there was nothing else. When I persisted and said I had no other symptoms and to please help me. He repeated the same. I pleaded, and he told me "I don't have time for this, I'm hanging up". Shocked and angry, I visited another doctor in his office and explained all of my symptoms, this doctor immediately said "You don't have acid reflux" and when I explained how many times I had to visit Dr. Chan, how many pregnancy tests I took for him, how my symptoms were always the same but getting worse. This doctor in Dr. Chan's office apologized profusely and looked just about as angry as I felt. This doctor ordered endoscopy. I had severe gastritis, so severe the doctor who performed the endoscopy said that I was near ulcers. In the time that I visited Dr. Chan to the time that I finally went to another Dr., I had lost 10- 15 lbs, was not sleeping, could barely eat, was in extreme abdominal pain, could not concentrate because I constantly thought I was going to vomit and went through the severe let down of not being listened to by a doctor.

|  Awesome Dr.  |  show details
Dec 6th, 2011

The most caring doctor you could find to help you. He ranks very high on my list of doctors.

|  Above and Beyond, the next Buzz Lightyear  |  show details
Jan 13th, 2011

This doctor was attentive and made my day after I was sent to him because the staff of Dr. Marc Bennett messed up like usual. The staff were so good with my kids, even after they recieved their shots! They didnt just leave us in the room while the kids cried, the Medical assistant comfort them and gave them a lollipop. The doctor made sure my children had all their shots and let me know when i need to come back instead of leaving the door open to the room waiting for me to leave. My children and ***I am completely happy and dont feel hesitant to return but eager!***