Dr. Regina Kaplan Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Regina Kaplan?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

September 22nd, 2015

I was a patient for several years. During my first pregnancy, a high risk twin pregnancy, I had signs of a serious complication around 33 weeks, instead of sending me to the hospital for prompt testing, I was sent home and given orders to use an outside lab. Due to the business hours of the lab, my results were not available until 5 days later, during which time my condition went from bad to life threatening. I was never told of my condition until after my twins were born. I went back since I was still naive as to how my care should have been handled, for my second pregnancy, my scheduled c/s was after a holiday break. No one from the office called me to give me my surgery time before the office shut down, I had to call the hospital to ask the on-call OB if she could look at the schedule. The morning of my c/s Dr. Kaplan called me to double check I knew what time to come in. The office staff also put me through 20 questions when I asked for a copy of my records, which after review, were not complete, even though I had to pay for them.

January 11th, 2015

I cannot say enough positive things about my experience with dr Kaplan...she has delivered my 2 healthy babies and also helped us through a miscarriage. She is so understanding, patient and knowledgeable about all related issues. She was there for both deliveries of my daughters which is unheard of for an OB. I would HIGHLY recommend her to others as I have and they have been just as happy as I have! Her entire staff is so caring and makes the entire office visit process so easy!! I will never change drs and would highly recommend dr Kaplan to others!! For someone who has delivery anxiety- she made it so easy!!!! I truly cannot say enough about how wonderful she is!

October 1st, 2013

A doctor for today's woman

Dr Kaplan has been my gyno for 3 years now. Despite the negative reviews i have only found her to be caring, concerned, & a doctor that truly takes care of her patients. For most of those three years i didn't have insurance & she has been the ONLY doctor that provided me with healthcare & actually worked with me. It's been my experience that when you don't have insurance many doctors & hospitals will give you half service. I found this to be untrue with Dr. Kaplan. Her office manager Connie created payment plans for me & always offered her concern & support. She was there during one of the most tragic times of my life & the only doctor that TRULY knew me. I would always hear people say how they have had a family doctor for years that they love. I have found that with Dr Kaplan & i truly do love & appreciate her for all she has done in my life.

May 10th, 2012

I have been a patient for over 10 years and the care has been excellent! Jen the PA is great and her staff is friendly and always helpful ...

April 4th, 2012

Warm, Caring & will get to the bottom of any issue!

I have been with Dr. Kaplan for 9 years now and would highly recommend her to any woman who appreciates personalized medical care. Dr. Kaplan takes her time to make certain that your medical needs are met and treats you as if you are her only patient.I'm really not into the whole negative Dr. bashing so let's be clear: For the people complaining about the wait time-if you were the patient that had the emergency and required extra time with the Dr. you would be most grateful for the personalized attention. Let's face it patients are a dime a dozen go elsewhere. If you are of "Princess Status" and feel that you are above waiting like the rest of us "pheasant folk" then perhaps a different state or even country would better suit your needs. Dr. Kaplan has worked far too hard to establish herself and her practice for her reputation to be tarnished by a few negative Nelly's. Here is some advice: take yourself and your vagina some place else!

November 30th, 2011

Rude incompetent office staff and manager.. Don't go here..

Extremely rude office manager and staff. Waited for 1.5 hours after appointment time. The receptionist and manager were unapologetic and asked to leave as the first solution when asked about the delay. No respect or regard for patients time. I have lodged a complain against them with insurance company to flag them and written to the CEO of unitedhealthcare about their behavior. Left without seeing the doctor and wasting two hours!

November 30th, 2011

Waste of TIme + Incompetent Staff

I just came back from waiting for over an hour for my 6:30 appointment without seeing Dr. Kaplan. I understand having to wait 20-30mins..but having a new patient wait over an hour and 10mins is absurd! I asked around an hour when my turn would be - the receptionist said next. However, they called another woman before me citing "only an ultrasound room was available". My fiance called to complain and the office manager took me aside to "talk" to me. Instead of apologizing, she mentioned that is how OB/GYN offices operate..I told her that this was not my first time at a gynecologist office. I understood emergencies came up but no one ever set the expectation with me that my appointment would be delayed because of emergencies. Her response from there was "we've been working here since early morning". I left by saying that they clearly didn't want my business as a new patient if that is how the front lines of this office treats their patients. Unacceptable.

May 11th, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr. Kaplan for 15 years. While there has been turnover in her office staff, (and what Dr office hasnt had turnover!) she continues to be an extremely knowledgeable and competent physician. Her compassionate and caring manner puts you at ease immediately. She is one of the few female physicians that can relate and treat women with respect, understanding and true compassion. She never makes you feel rushed and is great listener. She has always addressed my questions, and I find her to be extremely thorough and comprehensive. There is no other physician I would entrust my medical care to. Frankly, most physician offices do not run smoothly and a medical receptionist position has the highest turnover. I select my physician for their medical competency and care provided and Dr. Kaplan is the BEST. Also, the best physician offices usually do have the longer waiting times - this is just a reality.

January 23rd, 2011

This doctor saved my life!

Dr. Kaplan delivered both of my daughters and I am still a patient of hers 10 years later. During my second pregnancy I developed many complications and Dr. Kaplan was honest and compassionate with my husband and me right up through the complicated delivery where she saved my daughter's life. I found Dr. Kaplan 17 years ago when a Dr. in Manhattan told me I had ovarian cancer. Dr. Kaplan was able to properly diagnose my condition and care for me. I have recommended Dr. Kaplan to many friends and family who have in turn recommended their friends and family. This office is exceptional!

April 13th, 2010

Awful

I don't normally review on doctors, but felt compelled to do so. I was very excited to switch over to Dr. Kaplan by seeing a lot of the great reviews on her, however, I am so displeased with her and her office staff. I came 15 mins early for my apt. When I got to the office, I was the only one in the waiting room. The whole entire staff, including the Doctor were in the front desk check- in area having some kind of "staff" meeting. For 15 mins I had to listen to the Dr and her husband (I think he runs the office with her) talk about how they needed to get in more people, and get more business, that she didn't want to have to let go of her staff if they didn't get more people in. Then the husband starts in on how the staff has beeing stealing from people, he proceeded to use curse words, and scream at the staff in the most inapporiate, disgusting manor. I should have walked out then. Next, 2 sales reps come in and sit down in the waiting room with me. The Dr then comes out, and chats with them and takes them into the back room. At this point I've been waiting a good 45 mins. I finally am called in by a nurse, she leaves me in the exam room for another 30 mins. At this point I've been waiting for well over an hour. I proceed to go out to the nurse who doesn't even know what to say to me other than she is on the phone. I tell them that I am leaving, I'm beyond furious, they then send in the PA, who was in the back room playing with her child the whole time. I will NEVER go back there and I strongly advise anyone who even thinks of it to think twice. Even if she is a great Dr, she shows such unethical behavior and practice, and how she allowed her husband to lash out like that knowing there was someone sitting in the waiting room. Unbelievable, they wonder why they are going under.

Doctor's Response

It is unfortunate that this would-be patient is reviewing our medical office based on a unique moment in our 13 year practice history. We have provided excellent OB/GYN care in this area since 1998. She received no care at our office, and is reaching unfounded conclusions based on partially overhearing the final 15 minutes of a private office meeting dealing with sensitive business issues. These issues were addressed, rectified and are no longer affecting our medical office. The Center for Women%u2019s Care continues to uphold the finest standards in OB/GYN care, while offering exceptional, personalized, attentive care, in a modern medical environment. Regina M. Kaplan, M.D./ Board-certified in Obstetrics&Gynecology

SHOW

July 14th, 2008

She is amazing!

She was with me from my attempts to get pregnant (helped me find and get in to see the infertility doc) through the delivery of my child and made the experience wonderful. I would recommend her (and I do) over and over again!

November 7th, 2016