Dr. Richard Spitzer MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

August 10th, 2017
Sharp, thorough & communicative
His long waits are beyond worthwhile, and the staff is very cooperative with those with later-in-the-day appointments about revealing actual times one should come in.

August 19th, 2016
not thrilled
Neurologists are usually arrogant and with a god complex. I'm used to that, I've been in and out of neurology offices my entire life, and now as an adult with an old disease making a comeback I was recommended to dr. spitzer. All he does is look at paperwork and ask you yes or no questions and talks over you when you try to say anything. Was sent out with no treatment plan, followup, or anything. Also the wait was 4 hours. They'll always say "oh he's only running 15 minutes late" and "oh another 20 minutes tops"...but then the hours tick by.

June 5th, 2016
Trustworthy
I don't need a best buddy for a doctor. I need a highly competent diagnostician. If he needs additional opinions, he brings in the best. I can handle rudeness. I will not accept incompetency. I have not found Dr. Spitzer to be rude nor insensitive by any measure. Highly recommend.

April 13th, 2016
Great diagnostician. I gave him my laundry list of symptoms and he was able to test, analyze, and give me a diagnosis that I had been seeking (with no good answers) for years. Best neurologist I have ever had.

January 5th, 2016
patient
Thorough, wise, has seen 200 of everything. An absolute MUST to see.

September 29th, 2015
No diagnosis but I won't go back after the long wait and a prescription for pills that would cost $1500 per month.

October 4th, 2014
Terrible, abusive doctor.
This guy is a total whack job. He insulted me the moment he walked in the room, then proceeded to argue with me about the symptoms I told him I was having. THEN he sent a letter to my other doctors accusing me of drug seeking, when I wasn't even looking for that, I was only looking for a diagnoses for some terrible symptoms. This guy should not be practicing medicine. Horrible, horrible doctor.

June 28th, 2012
A human without humanity
Those that commented that this dr. was rude and arrogant are right on the money!He does not listen to what the patient is saying; in fact, he contradicts the patient and even what the patient has been told by other experts. He does this for the sole reason that he believes that he knows better than the patient or other drs. Do Not Go to This Dr.!

November 2nd, 2010
Knows his stuff!
Dr Spitzer takes a long time working with each pt. The office staff tells you to call so you can so you cn avoid a long wait if he gets behind. The good thing about this is that he take time with you and really listens. He is easy to talk to and caring.AHe is open enough to listen to alternative treatment but also truthful in what he thinks of them. He is positive nd has a good sense of humor but is also serious and in charge when its neededd.Best dr I have seen for ms in 30 years.

June 9th, 2010
Neurologist Needs Psychiatrist
Dr. Spitzer is the coldest and rudest doctor I have ever encountered.

June 9th, 2010
Neurologist Needs Psychiatrist
When I told my personal physician about my visit to Dr. Spitzer, he told me that I should have walked out on him. I have never been treated with more ...

May 26th, 2017