Dr. Richard Wiet MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

March 29th, 2016
Ordinary person with extraordinary gift
Dr. Wiet was the miracle I needed when I I had ear surgeries in both ears,. Currently I wear an hearing aid. But my experience as a patient with hearing loss, words can't describe the trust and respect I have for Dr. Wiet. He is excellent in all he does and knows. He is the expert that recommends, educates and does what he needs to do to assist. I always found a healing environment and compassion in action in my visits to Dr. Wiet. Over the years I felt empowered to accept my limiations and the fact that my hearing is declining. However, nothing stops me from being who I am and what I have. Dr. Wiet you are the best.

March 7th, 2013
WONDERFUL physician
Dr. Wiet is one of the best physicians I have met and I've met a fair number. He spends time with you. He educates you on both your condition and your treatment options. He responds to questions thoughtfully without rushing you. He has experience with Superior Canal Dehiscence Syndrome, which is the super-rare ear disorder with which I was diagnosed. He's incredibly competent. He's kind/his bedside manner is impeccable.

June 22nd, 2011
I had an injury to my ear that had resulted in some pain. As a professional musician, I was concerned and wanted to make sure all was ok. Even though they were aware I was a musician, they gave me an acoustic reflex test as a screening tool. This involves high decibel levels directly in the ear canal. The audiologist was flippant about my concerns and when I called to say I had ringing in my ears, especially the injured ear, she said "oh we've excited the hair cells". If I had gone to a loud concert, this would be considered a sign of hearing damage. I spoke with Dr. Wiet and he was condescending and arrogant. I would never recommend him to anyone. Perhaps he's a good surgeon, but I would have a hard time trusting someone so arrogant and unconcerned with a patient's welfare. I have hearing loss and tinnitus with "recruitment" in the previously injured ear. I had previously had some slight tinnitus in that ear, but much worse now. Beware.

November 22nd, 2010
Dr. Weit
I recommend Dr. Weit to as many people as possible. His beside manner is second to none and he makes you feel like your his only patient. His is patient and understanding when I was trying to explain my problems. His staff is always courteous and a pleasure to be around.

October 14th, 2009
Most caring doctor ever
I was diagnosed with an acoustic neuroma in my left ear canal. Last Wednesday I had removal surgery. The following Wednesday I am walking. Stitches to be removed in 3 days. He saw me every day while in the hospital and actually spent time to talk with me. He is a good man who know his business PLUS had an abundance of human compassion. I am a very lucky woman to have found him. Thank you, Dr. Wiet!