Dr. Richard McAdam Patient Reviews

• Neurological Surgery Newport News, VA

3.6

September 15th, 2016
I love Dr.McAdams he has done my bac and my neck he has the greatest bad side manner he is wonderful I would tell anyone go see him he will take good car of you.

June 28th, 2016
He fixed my back pain in about 30 min. and I was back home from the hospital in about 2 hours. Great work! This was many years ago, but they didn't have cell phones to make comments on.

March 6th, 2016
I began a patient relationship with Dr McAdam in 2008. At that time he operated on my C4,5&6. At that time and still today he is the leading neurosurgeon in Virginia. On a personal note; if you ask him, he will pray for you prior to your surgical procedure with him.

October 26th, 2015
I have trusted with my life twice, outstanding, most caring Doctor I have only outstanding positive words that describe him

May 19th, 2015
I WENT TO DR. MCADAMS 25 YEARS AGO AND NOW I AM BACK WITH ANOTHER MEDICAL ISSUE. HE IS A VERY KIND DR. WHO DID NOT RUSH YOU. HE ALSO TALK YOU THRU THE PROCEDURE, WHICH WAS VERY CONVERTING TO ME. I WILL RECOMMEND OTHERS TO DR. MCADAMS.

March 19th, 2015
UnHappy
I have gone to this doctor twice. The first time in 2001 and saw an associate of his. I had a fusion and I was still in a lot of pain after wards but they didn't try to find out why. Then in 2006/2007 after my pain getting to wear I could not walk Dr. McAdams did several test where I was left a in the hall at hospital for hours after wards alone, they messed up drawing blood from my arm for a blood patch and I bleed all over the place, then he told me he couldn't find what was causing me the pain and I just had to learn to live with it. Another doctor from another group found the problem with one X-ray and had me in for my second Fusion. I will never go to this doctor again nor will I tell anyone ells to go to him.

September 27th, 2014
He should retire ...
He has damaged alot of people, including me. Do your homework.

April 30th, 2014
Excellent service and results
I have be going to Dr. Mcadam for 10 years for various degenerative back and neck problems. He has operated on me twice with excellent results. What I like best about Dr. Mcadam is his straight forward diagnosis and clear no nonsense explanation of your problem and what the best solution is. I would recommend him to anyone back or neck problems

December 9th, 2013
Wait time was too long for me. Check in and out was extremely slow. Dr. McAdams is knowledgable and I trust what he says.

April 4th, 2013
Negligent
This surgeon should be forced into retirement. I spent 5 years having 4 different revision surgeries to "undo" what he did. Tried no conservative treatments and opted for the most major fusion surgery. He lost his priveldges to operate in all but one area hospital.

July 18th, 2012
No Compassion
During and After My husbands operation he had a bad experience that he has to live with the rest of his life. This doctor did not address serious issues of concern that were brought to his attention. Waiting room time was longer than doc visits. Doc wasn't attentive enough to recommend other therapy, test, or specialist. A second operation was needed to undo and redo what this doctor did. This doctor should not be practicing.

July 14th, 2011
Quality Healthcare No Time Wasted
I have used this physician for over two years for a degenerative injury. He is without question one of the best and most experienced in his profession. Always to the point and professional. He doesn't mince words or waste your time. Nor does he need you to waste his. If you have questions and concerns he takes the time necessary to answer your questions and make you feel comfortable. After 39 years of experience he doesn't have to spend a lot of time asking questions and evaluating your answers. He conducts tests and is result oriented, although a very conservative doctor. Dr. McAdams is not quick with the knife and works with you and your family to develop a treatment plan that works with your lifestyle. If you want this doctor to spend loads of time with you and coddle your every whim he is not the one you need to see. If you don't want your time wasted and want a treatment course that works for you then he is your guy.