Richard L Mueller, MD
Midtown East
401 E 55th St
New York, NY 10022
212-593-9800
Locations and availability (2)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Brilliant cardiologist  |  show details
Oct 17th, 2013

Dr mueller is absolutely the best. Extremely bright, attentive, caring ,compassionate and so responsive. He truly cares about his patients. His knowledge and resources are endless. I truly feel I have found the best in the city for sure. His staff is so easy to talk to and professional. I truly recommend this office. He is on staff at New York hospital which I prefer. In addition to treating me for my cardiac condition he also provided treatment for my varicose veins. The procedure was painless and I was able to go back to work quickly. Great results and doctor!

|  Best comprehensive cardiac care I've ever had.  |  show details
Nov 25th, 2012

Dr. Mueller found the source of a cardiac problem I've had most of my life and offered an innovative and noninvasive treatment. He answered my many questions and made me feel that my health was important to him. His testing facility is top notch, his staff is thorough and friendly and I had the best cardiac evaluation I've ever experienced.

|  show details
Nov 13th, 2012

We feel very, very lucky to have Dr Mueller as our doctor. His brilliance comes through to us all the time, along with his attention to detail and to our needs. We feel very safe with him and consider him a lucky find in this city with such a wide range of doctors. His staff are all a pleasure to deal with also.

|  Best cardiologist in NY  |  show details
Oct 31st, 2012

"I have been a cardiac patient of Dr. Mueller for about 15 years, during which time I have had a triple bypass and angioplasty. (I'm in my 70's and, thanks to his treatment, I'm still able to do a heavy weight workout at the gym and speedwalk 20 miles per week.) In addition to being an excellent cardiologist, always aware of the latest studies and treatments and willing to discuss the pros and cons thereof, Dr. Mueller is a caring and compassionate physician who will spend as much time answering a patient's questions and explaining in layman's terms as the patient requires. His reputation as one of the best cardiologists in New York is well deserved. I have referred a few friends who asked me about a second opinion before having bypass surgery. All of them have now switched from their then cardiologist to Dr. Mueller

|  show details
Oct 21st, 2012

Dr. Richard Mueller is a well renowed physician and one of the leading authorities in cardiovascular medicine and phlebology.Granted his multi-specialty board certification, his thorough knowledge and experience, Dr. Mueller's dedication to his patients and practice has earned him the respect of his colleagues and admiration of his patients as one of the most sought-after physicians of our times.

|  Great Doctor, Bad Staff  |  show details
Mar 29th, 2011

It's funny because when I first went to see Dr Mueller I thought he was a horrible person for treating his staff so poorly and yelling at them, but then I realized it was much needed yelling. There are so many of them and they are all confused. Seems like they need a manager or someone who is accountable since they all seem like eye rollers. Anyway, Dr Mueller is really great and spends quality time trying to get to the bottom of my issues. Still hasn't figured it all out, but I appreciate his effort.

|  Great Doctor, Poor staff  |  show details
Feb 10th, 2011

Dr Mueller is an excellent doctor and really cares about each patient. His office staff however needs some work.

Doctor's Response

we have upgraded our staff significant in the past 2 years we are always striving hard to exceed patient expectations ! thank you for your support ! r. mueller, md, facc, facp

|  Great Doctor Poor Staff  |  show details
Oct 13th, 2010

I higly recommend Dr Muller. He is very thorough and caring. His downfall, not really, is that he spends alot of time with his patients. This means you have to wait a while, I don't mind it it is expected when O get there and I know I am getting the best care possible. His staff however is horrible. They often mess up on referals and appointments. A few have been quite rude. Dealing with them is the worse part of the visit. It is getting so bad that I have to reevaluate if the aggrivation is worth the excellent care.

Doctor's Response

staff has improved significantly since this review and we have changed many of our staff in order to exceed expectations waiting time has plummeted since we added a skilled and wonderful nurse practitioner to help gather information and move patients along from waiting room to exam room we respect and value our patients and are always striving to perfect our patient experience ! r. mueller, md, facc, facp

|  Misleading appointment booking  |  show details
by Josh D. on Jun 16th, 2010

I had read some nice things about Dr. Mueller on Zocdoc.com (which Dr. Mueller uses for booking appointments online), so I scheduled an appointment and took time off from work to attend it. Unfortunately, his assistant then called and said Dr. Mueller was not available at the time I booked, or any of literally dozens of other appointment times they had specifically listed for Dr. Mueller. First, she tried to tell me those times had all just booked up in the last few minutes (!). Then, she changed tacks and tried to blame Zocdoc's system (which Zocdoc later confirmed there was nothing wrong with). Finally, she admitted that they essentially made those times available to fill the schedules of Dr. Mueller's associates (a definite no-no for Zocdoc, since posted reviews are of the individual doc). No apologies, no effort to help. Really unprofessional and hugely inconvenient for me. He may be a terrific MD, but who knows, if his office won't keep appointments he makes available for booking.

Doctor's Response

we participating in zocdoc when it was very new in 2010, then dropped out as we saw lots of patients booking an hour time slot then not showing up and not even bothering to notify us.... i am sure with a brand new online booking system at that time there were growing pains for the staff to figure out how to integrate online booking with our conventional system, but we never tried to make it hard for our patients, whom we cherish, value, and depend on ! we decided to give zocdoc another try last month and it has been like night and day. patients definitely value the appointments and ease of making them. we are now more familiar with online booking and make zocdoc online paitents VIP priority patients !