Overall Review

October 9th, 2016
Colon Cancer Surgery
Dr. Swanson was totally professional in handling my colon cancer surgery and post operative treatment and follow-up. He instills confidence in his patients and communicates all risks involved. He is helpful in weighing options and is a top notch surgeon. His vast successful surgical experience makes him a "go to" surgeon!!

March 28th, 2016
Lifesaver
Saved my life in 2013 after another surgeon in a local hospital made a bad mistake. Dr. Swanson is a great man!

November 13th, 2015
He's remarkable. Spent time to draw all of my problems for me and my husband. After 7 he surgery spent time with my family explaining all details

July 12th, 2015
Dr. Swanson was wonderful. He followed up with me in the hospital after my surgery each day. The roommate in the hospital commented on how nice and attentive he was. The nurses also told me he is one of their favorites.

April 16th, 2015
Wonderful thorough visit. Hopeful. Supportive. Informative. Cutting edge.

April 16th, 2014
Trustful, amazing surgeon and incredible person.

June 6th, 2013
great job
When I first talked to Dr. Swanson, I had concerns because the surgery was going to be somewhat difficult and he gave me all the bad things that could happen. This did not impress me but then I was reminded that Dr. Swanson did the surgery that no one else wanted to do. The results were fantastic. They sent me home cancer free. Dr. Swanson came in every day to check on me. I can't say enough about how happy I was with Dr. Swanson nor can I thank him enough. Oh BTW I asked about whether students operate and his reply was a very stern students do not operate on patients

November 27th, 2012
Takes care of patient and is considerate of family. Takes time to visit the patient every day or lets patient who will be available. Give detailed explanations of what to expect and what the parameters of treatment are. Excellent, ethical, talented clinician. Recommend him highly.

April 11th, 2012
I read a review of Dr. Swanson saying a lotof negative things. I found Dr. Swanson to be very caring and informative. I would have preferred that he just tell me, yes, I can remove that tumor and it will be like you never had it, but he didn't. He was honest in saying it would be a very difficult surgery and that I should try chemo first. He was very candid yet upbeat about my prognosis. I would strongly recommend him.

June 30th, 2011
outstanding
My overall experience with Dr. Swansen has been outstanding. He has a wonderful bedside manner and is most professional.He spent as much time as we needed with him and was very thourough. I would HIGHLY recommend Dr. Swansen!

August 18th, 2010
Dr Swanson was one of the most intelligent, caring physician I have ever encountered (which have been many).He took all the time I needed and explained everything regarding my upcoming surgery, I felt I will be in very strong, capable hands. He was very truthful regarding pain, length of stay etc, which I appreciate.

May 6th, 2010
Great Surgeon and Person
Dr. Swanson is absolutely terrific. He performed a colon surgery for me and will be doing a liver surgery on me next month. He followed up on my progress after the colon surgery, he explained what he was going to do and visited me in the mornings in spent in the hospital. He personally set me up an oncologist at Dana Farber. Never in a hurry. Great bedside manner. He is a doctor who cares and is highly skilled. He is the BEST!