May 3rd, 2015

Caring, willing to refer to other physicians when warranted.

by Mary Fear on Dec 23rd, 2014

Liked how doctor listened our concerns, gave us several options, went through meds, used a wide variety of tests, he spoke to both of us, recognized our concerns, covered mental, physical , emotional

What an A-Hole show details What an A-Hole
by Will L. on Apr 25th, 2014

I saw this doctor once after I had a massive seizure. As my father was explaining to the doctor what happened ( my dad was with me when it happened, I have no memory of the seizure) Sloop started to get a real smart attitude with my dad. I thought for sure my dad was going to punch him. He put me on a high dose of a seizure medicine despite me having renal failure. My kidney doctor put me back on a low dose of the drug as she said the dose he put me on would hurt my kidney.

Patient show details Patient
by TN on Jul 19th, 2013

This doctor has NO bedside manner at all. His office is not well staffed and he will not return phone calls. I am not a patient that will call with the sniffles but when he asks us to call with new symptoms and he doesn't return the phone call it is not very professional. He is very quick to diagnose anything as a mental disorder.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND !!! show details HIGHLY RECOMMEND !!!
Dec 20th, 2011

I took my son in for an evaluation of possible muscular dystrophy. Dr Sloop listened to his signs and symptoms then explained his assessment process as he went along. He clearly explained his findings. The experience was not rushed and we truly felt that not only was Dr Sloop knowledgable in his field, but cared.

Do NOT see this Doctor show details Do NOT see this Doctor
by Upset Patient! on Feb 15th, 2011

I will NEVER return. HORRIBLE bed side manner. Rude and anxious to diagnose mental issues instead of accepting that people have something physically wrong. Both my grandmother and I saw him and received the same diagnoses: depression and making up of our pain. Turns out my grandmother has Parkinson and I have Dystonia, a nerve disorder! Talk about bad diagnoses--especially since he formed his opinion in the first 5 minutes we were in his office. Do NOT see this doctor. He must have some serious hang up in life!