A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Richard Spelts:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Richard Spelts, Fellowship-Trained Primary Care Sports Medicine Surgeon is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Spelts
Specialties & Research
Dr. Richard Spelts, DO is board certified in Family Medicine - Sports Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Ankle Injuries
- Foot Injuries
- Hip Injuries
- Knee Injuries
- Shoulder Pain
- Sports Medicine
Education & Awards
Dr. Spelts graduated from Western University of Health Sciences, Pomona.
Dr. Spelts has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Henry Mayo Newhall Memorial Hospital
- Valley Presbyterian Hospital
- Providence Tarzana Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Richard J. Spelts DO is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 8 years of experience and practices in Sports Medicine and Sports Medicine.
- Where does Dr. Richard J. Spelts practice?
- Dr. Richard Spelts has 2 office locations.
Dr. Richard Spelts practices Sports Medicine and Sports Medicine near Simi Valley, CA.
Additional practice locations include: Thousand Oaks, CA.
See Simi Valley Sports Medicine Doctors.