Overall Review

May 20th, 2016
If you value your health care, this is the place to go.
By far the best personal physician I have ever known. Extremely knowledgeable and caring.

April 20th, 2015
Jennie in front office needs to retire. She's inappropriately cranky. Dr. Winkle is the best, if you can get through Jennie to see him.

September 12th, 2012
Very good Dr determined to have you better Now!
I have been seeing Dr. WInkle since I was 9. I have over the years occaisionally (when my job demanded I go to HMO) gone to see other Doctors but he is the one that I trust. He spends his time & effort on the patient, not upselling, not beating around the bush and is determined to fix a problem the moment you bring it up. His core staff is very good and he occasionally will bring a med student in to see what the real world of medicaine is. He has NO patience with HMO's. He's been a doctor long enough to know what needs to be done & how. He hates some business telling him how to be a Doctor when he's been doing this longer than some of the HMO's. Yes his wait time is long, yes bring a book and YES you will get a good doctor who wants to see you be healthy not fatten his pocketbook.

April 14th, 2012
I was impressed at first when I called to doctor's office complaining of a serious cough and fever and they were able to get me an appointment time an hour later because someone had cancelled. I arrived on time and filled out the new patient paperwork... from there it went downhill until the Doctor actually saw me... about 1.75 - 2 hours later. After waiting for about an hour, a male tech with ABSOLUTELY NO BEDSIDE MANNERS took my vitals and asked me what my symptoms were. I had to repeat the symptoms to him at least twice. He then pointed to a exam room and told me to wait. He didn't say when the Doc would see me or anything, in fact, no one said anything to me until I asked where the bathroom was so I could throw up. Even after throwing up 2 more times, I still wasn't seen for a noter 45 minutes to an hour. I was feeling so terrible sitting in an incredibly uncomfortable chair waiting to be seen that I almost walked out. Once the doctor came, I was relieved. He was knowledgeable and thorough, which I appreciated. He was also set up in house to take blood and do x-rays, which is hugs, because I did not have the energy to go sit somewhere else for those procedures. He also gave me a couple of shots to immediately relieve my nausea and put me on a breathing machine for my cough. A word of caution... a female tech did my first shot, which was in my left buttocks. no problem. Then the male tech came in and did another shot in my right buttocks... I have a HUGE BRUISE and couldn't lay on my right side last night from the shot. The doctor prescribed me a number of medications that are already making me feel better. He also wrote me a note because I just started a new job and had to take the day off because of the illness. I was there a total of 3 hours. Unfortunately, due to my job, I do not have the luxury to wait around, which will cause me to not want to make any medical appointments. All in all, I'd rate the Doctor himself "Excellent" but the wait time and the male tech are real problems that is making me think twice about going back to Dr. Winkle. If he could improve this, then I'd go back to him in a heart beat.

March 26th, 2012
Dr. Winkle has no knowledge of Type I Diabetes - Diabetics beware! He kept trying to get me to quit taking Regular Insulin and just manage my Type I Diabetes with only Lantus Insulin. Even Lantus Manufacturer says Type I Diabetics MUST use short-term or regular insulin for treatment. I tried to explain this to no avail with Dr. Winkle. One time waited 3 1/2 hours to be seen.

December 28th, 2010
A doctor you can trust who'll be there for you.
Dr. Winkle is, if anything, over-qualified to be in family practice, but he loves his patients so much that I don't think he minds. Seeing Dr. Winkle is very unlike the HMO experience. This is how medicine used to be: the patient's care is more important than insurance concerns. Dr. Winkle is a wise and humane man who has treated my family for years. On the downside, be prepared to wait. Bring a book or something to work on. With care this great, there's a long line. I think it's because Dr. Winkle doesn't seem to turn any sick person away. On the up side, you know that when it's your turn to be seen, Dr. Winkle will give you the time you need. It's also comforting to know that if you really need to be seen, he'll fit you in as long as you're willing to wait. Appointments with my last doctor had to be made several weeks in advance. Who knows they're going to be sick two weeks in advance?

November 3rd, 2009
Do not go to this doctor if you have any kind of chronic condition.
Do not go to this doctor if you have any kind of chronic condition. The staff seem to have forgotten that their profession is called health-CARE. After my second visit to this office I Am Not Going Back, and I advise anyone reading this to think twice about going to this office.

May 30th, 2009
Dr Winkle is a rare, old style DR who puts the well being of his patients first. His office is well staffed. There is never a problem getting an appointment. Evening and Sat. appointments are available. There is a general feeling of security under his care.