A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Robert Cerfolio:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Robert Cerfolio is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Cerfolio
Bowel Incontinence Patient Education Our bowel incontinence patient education guide explains causes and treatment options for fecal issues.Before Visiting Dr. Cerfolio Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Robert Cerfolio, MD is board certified in Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 13 areas:
- Adjuvant Chemotherapy
- Adrenal Gland Cancer
- Esophagus Cancer (Esophogeal Neoplasm)
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Lung Cancer
- Lung Cancer (Non-Small-Cell Lung Carcinoma)
- Lung Diseases (Pleural Diseases)
- Lymph Node Excision (Lymph node removal)
- Pneumonectomy (Lung removal)
- Video-Assisted Thoracic Surgery
Education & Awards
Dr. Cerfolio graduated from University of Rochester . He has 11 awards.
Dr. Cerfolio has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Uab Medical West
- University of Alabama Hospital at Birmingham
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Robert J Cerfolio MD is a male Cardiothoracic Surgeon, has 23 years of experience and practices in Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Robert J. Cerfolio practice?
- Dr. Robert Cerfolio has 3 office locations.
Dr. Robert Cerfolio practices Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Birmingham, AL.
See Birmingham Cardiothoracic Surgeons.