Dr. Robert Weiss MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8
  • 17 reviews

January 27th, 2016
Excellent doctor and staffordable @Newark office.
I have Multiple Sclerosis, so I suffer from bladder problems. He and his staff are amazing.

November 17th, 2015
Poor communication skills Does not disgust success or failure of operation or after care. Huge ego IMO.

February 19th, 2015
Great Physician
One of the best!

July 8th, 2014
Excellent Doctor!
I was treated by Dr. Weiss for left kidney removal last year (2013) after I was diagnosed to have malignant neoplasm of kidney. I was so scared and doubtful when I heard that I had to go through such a serious surgery at age of 74. Dr. Weiss has showed me how excellent a surgeon he is during the whole treatment. His knowledge and skills shown in the treatment had installed me great confidence to overcome the cancer. Even through he is a little hard to find sometimes which I can understand because he's so busy treating so many patients, most of time he can be reached if I really need to talk to or see him. His assistants (one of them is Ash, Thank you Ash!) are all very helpful! My surgery was very successful and I could literally walk after 3 days. Thank you Dr. Weiss, you saved my life!

June 5th, 2013
Very Happy
I underwent surgery for testicular cancer about 18 years ago when I was in my early 20s. Dr. Weiss was very caring, a great professional, and I do believe without the shadow of any doubt that he helped save my life. At the time, my income was very limited and yet he treated me like a million dollar patient. Thank you Dr. Weiss!

October 24th, 2012
he has no bed side manner, I call him the ghost doctor
You can never get him on the phone, never follows up on your condition or how you are, he has you get test and never lets you know the results even after calling him many times if he is that busy you start to wonder how accuracy of his diagnoses??

September 3rd, 2011
Dont see this Dr for kidney stones
Maybe hes a good dr for other urology problems but definitely not for kidney stones. Basically told me that it doesnt hurt when you pass kidney stones unless there obstucted. Sent me home with no solution and that night was in horrible pain passing another stone that must of been stuck because unable to urinate. Maybe a kub would of been helpful!!!!

January 4th, 2011
Dr.Weiss removed my bladder and saved my life. He is the most skilled urology cancer surgeon in NJ. I routinely see him even though I live in Pennsylvania. He is the best !

November 20th, 2010
Dr Weiss operated on me five years ago. He saved my life. I find he and his staff very courteous and professional. I recommend to him to all my friends. He is the best!

November 6th, 2010
Dr Weiss performed a bladder removal and made me a new bladder on me 2 years ago. I feel totally normal. Dr. Weiss is an outstanding doctor

October 4th, 2010
I recently had a prostate biopsy by Dr. Weiss. He used novocaine and it was totally painless. He called within a week to tell me the results. He is very caring. I highly recommend him - he is one of the best in NJ. I had previous biopsies by other urologist that were very painful. D. Weiss has excellent technique.

August 26th, 2010
Prostate biopsy was the most painful experience of my life. Experienced no discomfort on subsequent experiences with other physicians. To say his bedside manner (caring) is poor is an understatement. He has no compassion, and no interest after he determines you are not a candidate for surgery. I would not bring my dog to him for medical treatment!