Urologist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

• Currently 2.9047619047619 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Excellent Doctor!  |  show details
by Piyu Wang on Jul 8th, 2014

I was treated by Dr. Weiss for left kidney removal last year (2013) after I was diagnosed to have malignant neoplasm of kidney. I was so scared and doubtful when I heard that I had to go through such a serious surgery at age of 74. Dr. Weiss has showed me how excellent a surgeon he is during the whole treatment. His knowledge and skills shown in the treatment had installed me great confidence to overcome the cancer. Even through he is a little hard to find sometimes which I can understand because he's so busy treating so many patients, most of time he can be reached if I really need to talk to or see him. His assistants (one of them is Ash, Thank you Ash!) are all very helpful! My surgery was very successful and I could literally walk after 3 days. Thank you Dr. Weiss, you saved my life!

|  Very Happy  |  show details
by Happy Patient on Jun 5th, 2013

I underwent surgery for testicular cancer about 18 years ago when I was in my early 20s. Dr. Weiss was very caring, a great professional, and I do believe without the shadow of any doubt that he helped save my life. At the time, my income was very limited and yet he treated me like a million dollar patient. Thank you Dr. Weiss!

|  he has no bed side manner, I call him the ghost doctor  |  show details
Oct 24th, 2012

You can never get him on the phone, never follows up on your condition or how you are, he has you get test and never lets you know the results even after calling him many times if he is that busy you start to wonder how accuracy of his diagnoses??

|  Dont see this Dr for kidney stones  |  show details
Sep 3rd, 2011

Maybe hes a good dr for other urology problems but definitely not for kidney stones. Basically told me that it doesnt hurt when you pass kidney stones unless there obstucted. Sent me home with no solution and that night was in horrible pain passing another stone that must of been stuck because unable to urinate. Maybe a kub would of been helpful!!!!

Jan 4th, 2011

Dr.Weiss removed my bladder and saved my life. He is the most skilled urology cancer surgeon in NJ. I routinely see him even though I live in Pennsylvania. He is the best !

Nov 20th, 2010

Dr Weiss operated on me five years ago. He saved my life. I find he and his staff very courteous and professional. I recommend to him to all my friends. He is the best!

Nov 6th, 2010

Dr Weiss performed a bladder removal and made me a new bladder on me 2 years ago. I feel totally normal. Dr. Weiss is an outstanding doctor

Oct 4th, 2010

I recently had a prostate biopsy by Dr. Weiss. He used novocaine and it was totally painless. He called within a week to tell me the results. He is very caring. I highly recommend him - he is one of the best in NJ. I had previous biopsies by other urologist that were very painful. D. Weiss has excellent technique.

Aug 26th, 2010

Prostate biopsy was the most painful experience of my life. Experienced no discomfort on subsequent experiences with other physicians. To say his bedside manner (caring) is poor is an understatement. He has no compassion, and no interest after he determines you are not a candidate for surgery. I would not bring my dog to him for medical treatment!

Aug 8th, 2010

Dr. Weiss is one of the top urologists in teh New York area. I am 76 years old and recently had a laparascopic kidney removal. I went home the next day and was driving within two weeks. His bedside manner was excellent. I recommend him highly.

Apr 30th, 2010

Dr. WEiss, along with his staff of urologists are amongst the worst doctors my family has ever had to deal with. One Dr. of his office treated gave my father a "scope", for a check-up. Within 24 hours my father developed a Mercer/Staph infection due to a dirty instrument! We tried contacting Dr. Weiss, at least 20 times. My father had to remain in hospital for 8 nights, and still have not received a phone call back from his original dr, which is Dr. Weiss.

by anonymous on Feb 22nd, 2010

It was a horrible experience, uncaring, no time w/you etc, do not go to him

|  Uncaring and unhelpful  |  show details
Sep 16th, 2009

Spends almost no time with you, cannot make eye contact, and clearly just doesn't care about your health. Who even knows if he's any good, since you will never get the chance to find out. Clearly went into medicine for the wrong reasons, since he is a dreadful doc.

|  HE TREATED ME AS IF I WAS WASTING HIS TIME....  |  show details
Jun 30th, 2008

I called for an appoitment, had to wait 23 days, I thought this might be a good sign, that he was a good doctor, when I arrived I had to wait one hour in his office, He came in very cold with a slight attitude, after explaining my problem in detail he said he didn't know what was wrong and that it could be "one of those things" told me to have a blood test done,then he said goodbye, he gave me no followup, or any instructions. I had the blood test done, the results were forwarded to his office, he never called me back with any results. A frustrating, complete wast of time.