A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Robert Stephens:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Robert Stephens is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Robert Stephens, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Diabetic Eye Disease (Diabetic Retinopathy)
- Laser Surgery
- Retina Surgery
- Retinal Detachment
- Retinal Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Stephens graduated from Washington University at St. Louis, Saint Louis. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Stephens has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Shady Grove Adventist Hosp
- Inova Fairfax Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Robert Frederic Stephens MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 40 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Robert F. Stephens practice?
- Dr. Robert Stephens has 4 office locations.
Dr. Robert Stephens practices Ophthalmology near Bethesda, MD.
Additional practice locations include: Washington, DC and Annandale, VA.
See Bethesda Ophthalmologists.