A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Robert Frater:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Robert Frater is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Frater
Specialties & Research
Dr. Robert Frater, MD is board certified in Surgery and Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 21 areas:
- Aortic Valve Insufficiency
- Aortic Valve Stenosis
- Bacterial Endocarditis
- Blood Clot (Thromboembolism)
- Bronchial Fistula
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Cardiopulmonary Bypass (CPB)
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Coronary Disease
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
- Heart Valve Diseases
- Heart Valve Prosthesis Implantation
- Mitral Valve Insufficiency
- Myocardial Diseases
- Myocardial Infarction
- Prosthesis Failure
- Pulmonary Embolism
- Rheumatic Heart Disease
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Frater graduated from University Of Cape Town. He has 7 awards.
Dr. Frater has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Jacobi Medical Center
- Lawrence Hospital
- Haitian Creole
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Robert W M Frater MD is a male Surgeon and practices in Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Robert W. Frater practice?
- Dr. Robert Frater has 1 office location.
Dr. Robert Frater practices Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Bronx, NY.
See Bronx Surgeons.