Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon

2.5

Terrible Dr. show details Terrible Dr.
by Malden Belasic on Jul 15th, 2015

The worst doctor I have ever visited. He operated on me twice and did not have to. I told him I needed microfracture surgery and he ignored that and gave me a scope instead. My knee did not get better and he suggested another scope. Same results. I was discouraged then for almost two years and did nothing. Then I was fed up and went to see a new surgeon, Dr Parsons. As soon as he walked in he said I needed microfracture surgery. I had it done and was much better. I'm happy this DR does not have the ego that fumich has. So thanks for wasting 3 years of my life when I was in my prime because you did not listen to your patient because you think you know everything. Also fumich was walking out of the room as I was talking to him each time I went to see him. You are a terrible Dr and should be ashamed of yourself.

Jul 5th, 2015

Dr Fumich is the worst physician I have ever seen. When I first saw him for a knee injury, he went in with a scope and said everything as fine. Cut to a couple years later when I have a torn ACL and come to find out that while I was having this most recent surgery with an AMAZING doctor...there was a cut in my meniscus (surgical...not torn). Dr Fumich had cut the meniscus and failed to report this to me after surgery. He has an awful beside manner and when I came back ime and time again saying somthing was wrong, he told me to "stop being a girl". Will be doing whatever it takes to let people kno about this moron.

by Carter Haynes on Mar 3rd, 2015

Worst Dr ever. Piece of garbage.

Pass him up show details Pass him up
Jan 17th, 2015

Needed a revision after he destroyed my shoulder.

Oct 14th, 2014

very rude would not recommend to anyone

Stay away - or you'll end up like me. show details Stay away - or you'll end up like me.
by EisGeist on Aug 11th, 2014

I'm adding this to my first review. I had my left RC done in March 14'. Its now 6 months later and my left shoulder is useless. It was supposed to be a simple tear repair. My impingement is so bad I can't sleep at night. I went to see him every month to check in, I told him my progress was digressing . Didn't care, but always wanted more appointments. I went to see Dr. Gillespie after Dr. F ignored my right shoulder for 11 months and two weeks, ( cut him slack it wasn't full year.... Har har har). After his office caught wind I saw Dr. Gillespie ( this was a WC to which I was on TTD). He kicked me off disability, wrote I was 100% back to normal. I have since tried three jobs and can't last a week :(. Not empathetic. Nice to be under 30 with a ganked shoulder.

Bad Doctor show details Bad Doctor
by Dislike on Jul 24th, 2014

Stay Away from Fumich. 3 surgeries by Fumich. He is inpatient self absorbed physician with no empathy, compassion etc. Stay Away.

Lies and deceit are not qualities you want in a dr. Let alone a surgeon show details Lies and deceit are not qualities you want in a dr. Let alone a surgeon
by Pita on May 10th, 2014

Vitals didn't like my first review so I'll just say this. Your local chop shop would be a better fit. Does he know is stuff? Yes. Does he care a out you? Not the least. I've been going through pt for a year now and the reviews I get from other patients. They all felt ignored and betrayed to some extent.

See him at your own risk!! show details See him at your own risk!!
by Anonymous1 on Feb 7th, 2014

I was just looking for his number to call him and stumbled upon this. I was in shock to see all these people are literally having the same exact problems and feelings for this doctor. I even told people amongst me about these problems I was having with him and I feel like seeing this was a complete miracle because I wasn't the only one. Please do not go see him he's very rude, treats you terribly, won't answer questions, and shows no empathy. Simply to put it for having so much experience he for sure doesn't act like it. Do not bring your family to see this guy trust me or close friends!!

Jul 10th, 2012

Fantastic Doctor, get's straight to the point.

I would, and have recommended Dr. Fumich to many people. show details I would, and have recommended Dr. Fumich to many people.
Apr 3rd, 2012

Dr. Fumich has taken care of my family for years. He is the best doctor I have ever met. He has taken care of my knees and ankle and has allowed me to keep walking when others have only suggested full knee replacements and an ankle replacement. He always answers my questions, and has taken excellent care of me prior and after surgery. He is so knowledgable in his field and I would trust any recommendation he makes. We need more doctors like Dr. Fumich! Sincerely, Sondra Lansky

Do not see this Dr !!!! show details Do not see this Dr !!!!
Jan 31st, 2012

Horrible bed side manners. Spent no time with me, explained nothing. Was rude when I asked him questions. Disregarded my discomfort level and never bothered to read my chart because he tried to give me a medication I was already on. I do not recommend anyone to see this man. In fact, run as far from him as you can ! I refused to do a follow up with him when he suggested a surgical procedure but yet told me there was nothing wrong with me that he could find.

Oct 12th, 2011

I felt like I was an appointment and not a person. He was in and out within 3-4 minutes at my first visit. Didn't ask for questions, didn't answer questions. Had issues after surgery and was told, "This happens once every ten years and you are the one." Still don't know what "this happens" means. Would not recommend.

does not tell you your problem, move patients in and out like cattle. show details does not tell you your problem, move patients in and out like cattle.
Oct 5th, 2010

Thanks Doc

Jul 30th, 2010

1) Fumich spent approx. 4 minutes in initial visit.2) Gave me a cortesone shot - half of it spilled out off the needle as he was prepping it - didn't even discuss what his treatment plan was first.3) Instructed me to follow with an MRI which I did at Advantage Imaging LLC in Beachwood. 4) Second appt. was approx. 2 minutes long. He simply mumbled that I had either tendonitis or bursitus and to ice and take advil for pain.5) went to a second doctor. quality of the MRI was not acceptable in order to make a good diagnosis - which by the way was neither tendonitis or bursitus, but beginnings of arthritis as well as a possible growth (unitentified at this time) of bone, as well as a questionable lump. Second MRI is needed.Summary - Fumich is no doubt the worst doc. around - only interested in turning patients quickly and collecting from med. insurance.