Obstetricians & Gynecologists

4224 Swiss Ob-Gyn
4224 Swiss Ave
Dallas, TX 75204
214-821-9938
Locations and availability (4)

Some ratings provided by Kudzu.
 |  Great doctor  |  show details
Apr 10th, 2014

I have been doctor Dr. Gunby's patient for at least 25 years. He is an excellent doctor and really cares about his patients.

|  patient  |  show details
Aug 18th, 2013

Are there two Dr. Gunbys? The first one I saw was young, the second time I had an appointment, he was an elderly man whom I did not recognize, but with the same name-does the man I saw have a son who is also a doctor? I did not like the one I saw recently-he was entirely different from the one -with that name-that I originally saw.

by E.B. Fitch on Jan 25th, 2013

Dr. Gunby asked detailed questions and really took the time to listen. He was excellent at explaining things and when his explanations created more questions he showed great patience and willingness to listen and to educate me as a patient.I found him to be exceptionally accomodating and compassionate

|  Kind and Considerate OBGYN  |  show details
Aug 27th, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. Gunby's for almost 30 years. I find him to be incredibly caring and considerate. I especially appreciate having face time with him in his office, prior to heading to the exam room where you have to undress for your examination. He never makes you feel rushed or apprehensive, and that makes all the difference in the world.

Nov 21st, 2011

I have been a patient for over 21 years. He delivered 3 of my children and I had complications in pregnancy. He was always kind, listening, patient, compassionate and skilled as a physician. Excellent doctor

|  Mutilated  |  show details
Nov 8th, 2011

Within days of my 18th birthday, I went to Dr. Gunby for a labiaplasty, what I understood was a minor, low risk procedure. I was a virgin and thus understandably naive regarding my anatomy. He removed ALL of my labia minora up to within 1 mm of my clitoral glans. In addition, he removed tissue from my clitoral hood without my consent. To this day, he denies performing any reduction of my clitoral hood at all. This was an accident of which he is not aware. Therefore, he accidentally performed and botched a clitoral hood reduction, to which I did not consent, leaving me with visible scars reaching almost to the midline above my clitoral glans. The resulting disfigurement has been verified by other doctors. Blood flow proximal to the right clitoral hood scar has been compromised, as has the normal anatomical configuration of the hood relative to the clitoris. The scars that encircle by clitoris over a range of about 300 degrees correlate with a resultant perception of numbness. Only the sensation on the dorsal left side of my clitoris remains approximately normal. Numbness on the right distal to the scar, the location of the scar, and the fact that this incision was allegedly made without intent, indicates possible damage to the right dorsal nerve, which is half of the main nerve supply to the clitoris. The resulting impairment to sexual function has been devastating, and took years for me to fully understand, as I was a virgin at the time of my surgery. Before my surgery, he did not discuss any risks or concerns regarding sexual function. In fact, he did not discuss any risks specific to labiaplasty at all. For those who may not know, the labia minora perform both a sexual and protective function role. They are rich in sensory nerve endings and neuropeptides essential to female sexual arousal and response. In addition they serve a biomecanical role in facilitating clitoral stimulation. The labia minora also protect the vestibule and vagina from mechanical irritation and bacterial infection. While performing a reduction of this tissue may be defensible, removing all of the labia minora is not, as it removes an important substrate for the female sexual response as well as essential protective tissue. I did not consent to this any more than a breast reduction patient consents to a mastectomy. How Dr. Gunby managed to be so careless as to accidentally cause so much functional damage is difficult to comprehend. The fact that he and his partner both failed to disclose that my surgery had been horribly botched represents a breach of medical ethics. In addition. though he no longer performs the surgery himself, he refuses to acknowledge his error, and how and why it occurred, I do not wish to hurt is career or reputation, but I believe patients should have a right to information regarding physician competence. In addition, Dr. Gunby needs to acknowledge the harm he caused and take responsibility by taking direct action to ensure the safety of future patients by allowing other doctors to learn from his mistakes. I already gave him a chance to take responsibility for what he did by writing to him directly. After 6 months, he finally responded with bullet points illustrating why I am apparently responsible for his surgical incompetence. Though I do not doubt that Dr. Gunby is a good doctor, and even a good surgeon, in most respects, what he did to me left me mutilated and functionally impaired for the entirety of my adult life. His failures to disclose the harm he caused upon discovery of this harm or to take responsibility even upon direct confrontation are perhaps even more indicative of professional negligence than his initial error.

Jul 16th, 2011

I have gone to Dr. Gunby for 22 years now, and I hope he NEVER retires. I love him and think he's the best gynecologist there is! He has saved me many a time, and is always wonderful. I am a RN with a Master's Degree; believe me....I know doctors!!!

|  I am a R.N. and Dr. Gunby's patient for 21 years!!  |  show details
by Julie Berkey, RN, MS on Mar 23rd, 2010

I have never met such a personable, caring, professional, and knowledgable doctor in my 35 years of nursing. Dr. Gunby is my lifeline in most aspects of my life. If it weren't for him, I'd probably be dead by now from cancer. I love him as a doctor and as a genuinely caring and professional man. I will never change doctors, and I hope he NEVER retires. I couldn't find another doctor as good as he is in this field.

|  A Great Gynocologist  |  show details
Sep 16th, 2009

Dr. Gunby is a kind, softspoken southern doctor. He cares for his patients,yet is very professional. My personal opinion is that he is among the very best in Dallas

|  Dr. Gunby is AMAZING!  |  show details
by SmoothTrickle on Oct 25th, 2007 on kudzu.com

I started going to Dr. Gunby for my GYN needs several years ago and I just loved his bedside manner. Then, I became pregnant with our first and only child and he became my OBGYN and a member of our family. Dr. Gunby will always be considered a hero and angel to our family for his caring ways and professional treatment throughout my pregnancy, delivery and even now. I just can't recommend him enough. He is the best there is, hands down. You will love his nurse, Phyllis, as well. She is fabulous and we love her.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com