Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

Some ratings provided by Doctor.com.
Amazing VBAC doctor who BELIEVES in woman's ability to give birth! show details Amazing VBAC doctor who BELIEVES in woman's ability to give birth!
by R.P. on Oct 21st, 2015

I switched to Dr Gunby when I was 39 weeks and 6 days pregnant with our daughter - after a 39 week visit with my previous OB revealed that she wasn't comfortable with my VBAC plan after all and planned to give me a routine episiotomy, use pitocin to speed up my labor, and even discussed a C-section with me. It was very stressful to switch to a new OB just a few days before my due date and Dr Gunby was extremely kind, caring and restored my confidence. He reassured me that he would be there for me at my birth - and he was! His bedside manner is that of a gentle grandpa - albeit a very knowledgable and experienced one! He sat quietly in the room, speaking softly and reassuring me that I was doing great. And our beautiful VBAC baby girl was born with no interventions - just as God intended. I am so grateful to Dr Gunby that he restored my confidence in my body's natural ability to birth a baby and will forever feel indebted to him for his tremendous compassion and understanding. How wonderful it would be if Dallas had more Dr Gunby's!!!

The best quality in compassionate care show details The best quality in compassionate care
by F. B. on Aug 22nd, 2014 on doctor.com

The best quality in compassionate care says it all. Dr. Gunby is what you call a doctors doctor - the one the doctors and the nurses send their family ...

Read Full Review at doctor.com
Recomendation from a nurse and a patient show details Recomendation from a nurse and a patient
by Betty on Aug 3rd, 2014

Dr. Gunby has been my physician for over 25 years. I am a registered nurse and have worked side by side with him. No one is more dedicated or cares more about their patients than he does - and he does it with humor and humility. He does tend to run a little behind sometimes, but that is because there is a patient with a problem who needs extra care. I don't mind waiting because I know I will get the time and attention that I need. Worth waiting for, he is simply the best. Thank you Dr. Gunby.

Great doctor show details Great doctor
Apr 10th, 2014

I have been doctor Dr. Gunby's patient for at least 25 years. He is an excellent doctor and really cares about his patients.

Kind and Considerate OBGYN show details Kind and Considerate OBGYN
Aug 27th, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. Gunby's for almost 30 years. I find him to be incredibly caring and considerate. I especially appreciate having face time with him in his office, prior to heading to the exam room where you have to undress for your examination. He never makes you feel rushed or apprehensive, and that makes all the difference in the world.

Nov 21st, 2011

I have been a patient for over 21 years. He delivered 3 of my children and I had complications in pregnancy. He was always kind, listening, patient, compassionate and skilled as a physician. Excellent doctor

Jul 16th, 2011

I have gone to Dr. Gunby for 22 years now, and I hope he NEVER retires. I love him and think he's the best gynecologist there is! He has saved me many a time, and is always wonderful. I am a RN with a Master's Degree; believe me....I know doctors!!!

I am a R.N. and Dr. Gunby's patient for 21 years!! show details I am a R.N. and Dr. Gunby's patient for 21 years!!
by Julie Berkey, RN, MS on Mar 23rd, 2010

I have never met such a personable, caring, professional, and knowledgable doctor in my 35 years of nursing. Dr. Gunby is my lifeline in most aspects of my life. If it weren't for him, I'd probably be dead by now from cancer. I love him as a doctor and as a genuinely caring and professional man. I will never change doctors, and I hope he NEVER retires. I couldn't find another doctor as good as he is in this field.

A Great Gynocologist show details A Great Gynocologist
Sep 16th, 2009

Dr. Gunby is a kind, softspoken southern doctor. He cares for his patients,yet is very professional. My personal opinion is that he is among the very best in Dallas