Dr. Robert Hartzler MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

4.8

April 6th, 2016
Shoulder repair
Had shoulder surgery 4 years ago. ROM was poor at best and was in constant pain. Went to see other orthopedic surgeons and was told I'd need shoulder replacement. Pain management doc suggested Dr Hartzler. Said he was the, " Michael Jordan" of shoulders. He was wrong. He is actually the Michael Jordan and Dr J of shoulders. Dr. Hartzler placed skin graft between the joint in place of my worn away cartilage. He also repaired my SLAP repair by doing tenodesis. Everything has worked out great. I've been a firefighter for 18 yrs. it was getting very difficult to do my job. Now, I've been given a second chance.

March 17th, 2016
Frozen Shoulder NO MORE - AMEN!
I saw Dr. Hartzler for severe shoulder pain and the inability to basically function with my left arm. His initial diagnosis was frozen shoulder. For several months we tried injections and ultimately determined that surgery was the best option. I found him to be an excellent doctor - both in terms of listening and not pushing for surgery immediately. His surgical skills and team are exceptional and the results are fantastic. Within a week I was a able to start physical therapy and am very pleased with my progress. I would highly recommend Dr. Hartzler to anyone requiring shoulder or elbow guidance and help.

November 19th, 2015
Dr. Hartzler was very polite, courteous, and I was very satisfied with the case he gave me.

May 26th, 2015
Received excellent care and prompt appointments in response to my accident.

March 9th, 2015
Amazing Doctor! You can't go wrong with Dr. H.
I ALWAYS research any doctor I choose to give me care. You can't go wrong with Dr. Hartzler. He has the very best of training with the Mayo Clinic. He is caring, kind, and extremely knowledgeable. He will spend the time answering all your question. He is an amazing doctor, I honestly can't say enough good things about him (and no there is no relation he is simply that good). The San Antonio Orthopedic group he is in practice with has a very well run organization and is very efficient. I use their physical therapy department at Westover Hills office and have only received excellent care with Laina Flores their physical therapist. I would highly recommend Dr. Hartzler if you have an elbow or shoulder problem. I have used three different doctors with The San Antonio Orthopedic group and everyone has been excellent. I have full confidence in Dr. Hartzler and the group. I highly recommend him and The San Antonio Orthopedic Group.