Rheumatologist

2.0

|  Poor care all around  |  show details
Mar 7th, 2012

I have been seeing Dr. Jenkins since July 2011. At first he was very attentive, spending a minimum of 30 minutes just examining me. He would then spend another five to ten minutes going over my lab results and medication options. His bedside manner could be improved, but all in all I thought he was a fine doctor. But then I started having problems with his nurse, getting her to return phone calls, getting my medications refilled and doing her duties. She once admitted to me that she was too busy to spend anytime calling in medications. That should have been a major red flag for me. Dr. Jenkins put me on a medication that required an eye exam after being on it after a year. Barely four months into this treatment she is calling me up demanding that I get this eye exam. I am on disability. I can afford one specialist visit a month. I told her that I could not get this exam done for several months. I had to cancel an existing appointment because of financial difficulties. She then stopped getting any of my other medications refilled. When I brought this up to Dr. Jenkins, after being made to wait thirty minutes past my appointment time, he got very snippy with me. He asked me if I wanted to spend the last five minutes of my appointment time complaining or going over my current health issues. And this was after he had been with me for less then five minutes. He did a very cursory exam on me and as far as I was concerned he might as well not bothered. I will never go back to Dr. Jenkins ever again.

Oct 7th, 2011

I have been very pleased with Dr. Jenkins. I think he is professional and knows what he's talking about. He is always courteous and spends time answering my questions. While he doesn't have that "warm, fuzzy, feel good" bedside manner, I think that he truly is interested in me and cares about my welfare. I recommend him highly!

Aug 31st, 2011

Very hard to schedule appt. Nurse would not return my phone call. I've been trying to get lab results faxed back for 2 days. They just blow you off.Last time I'll go to him.

|  Hight Dollar, Low Caring Physician  |  show details
Aug 1st, 2011

I've been to his office on many occasions where he yawned all through our appointment. He was like a robot, once he found his diagnosis, everything is basically habit. Take this and take that and no amount of compasssion for how the meds made me feel was considered. I was told this is the way to treat my RA and there was no swaying or attempts to try other treatments. It was obvious I wasn't reacting well to the medications and when I had reactions, he blamed it on something else and not the meds and was sent to another specialist. I developed voice problems, lung problems and stomach bleeds due to the medication, not to mention having to endure 9 months of TB treatments so I could take certain medications he wanted me to take. He insisted the meds had nothing to do with my other illnesses so I sought another Dr. and he took me off all the RA drugs and after about 2 weeks, I felt so much better. My voice came back and I've had no lung issues since. This was several years ago. Also, the treatment is very, very costly and if you fall behind, he will not treat you. I had seen him for years prior to my financial difficulties, partly from paying other Dr.'s, treatments and test caused by the RA drugs, and my daughters 6 month hospitalization for problems she suffered from. After paying him thousands of dollars, out of pocket, and never fell behind, he literally blew me off and told me that once I get my finances in order, he'll again treat me. then they charged me for a high risk visit. I understand wanting to make money, but it wasn't like I was a new patient and had ever fallen behind before. So, unless you have lot's of money, I'd be very careful!!!

|  it's not all in a test  |  show details
by next time I would bring you an article that was in times (3/11) on Mar 25th, 2011

If you can't figure it out then it's in your head. Lets see google it and you get so many hits from people saying the same thing. Time to believe in the person not yourself. Your not ever above someone you are just in a different field then the person who chose to see you.

Feb 21st, 2011

The only problem that i have with Dr. Jenkins is it next to impossible to get a nurse on the line to schedule get and emergency appt. You are kept on hold for thru the automated system up to 25 min. Once you reach someone you are then transfer and you wait another 5-10 min. If you never have to call his office for anything you should be okay. Because he is a great Doctor.