3.0

Multiple compound fracture show details Multiple compound fracture
by Lucille & Joseph Levanti on Aug 26th, 2016

We have never been more pleased with a doctor and hospital. Dr. Rozbruch & Dr. David Levine gave us our lives back. My wife would have been in a wheel chair for the rest of her life if it hade not been for these doctors. These doctors are not only the best in their field but also down to earth good people. I do and would never hesitate to recommend either of these doctors. To us and what they did is just short of a miracle. We think of them often and can never thank them enough.

victory? sure about that? show details victory? sure about that?
Aug 25th, 2016

let's hope there is better, because he is a criminal. he is just so puffed up with his own arrogance and cares nothing about righting a wrong.

by EUNICE on Aug 24th, 2016

As good as it gets!

Aug 15th, 2016

and perhaps he doesn't want to be your husband...

review below show details review below
Aug 9th, 2016

Perhaps you are a delusional psychopath and he didn't want to be your dr anymore??? Nothing is EVER your fault I suspect...get help.

Take YOUR infected pin out of my leg show details Take YOUR infected pin out of my leg
Aug 8th, 2016

Dr. Rozbruch is irresponsible, untrustworthy and dangerous. He did not live up to anything he promised. He wants potential patients to only know about the good outcomes and the patienta he makes mistakes on mysteriously dissapear out of the office. He can turn on a dime, say you are his favorite patient and the next order his attorneys to threaten legal consequences if you call the office again for help.

by Steve Austin on Aug 3rd, 2016

he is a compassionate, passionate, and extremely talented doctor!!!

Doctor's Response

Thank you so much for you kind words. I truly value every patient relationship I have and love hearing that patients' expectations were met and that they are doing so much better!

Jun 11th, 2016

Wonderful compassionate doctor

Doctor's Response

Thank you for your kind words. I appreciate the vote of confidence and you taking the time to share your thoughts with others online!

by Donna Graham on Apr 19th, 2016

I am always treated with courtesy and care. I received prompt replies to my questions during recovery from surgery. Dr. Rozbruch is kind, caring, thorough and generous with his time. The surgeries were a difficult process but I was buoyed by the confidence and care of Dr. Rozbruch and his staff.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for your kind words on the care you received from my staff and me. I am happy to hear that you are doing much better. It is always nice to hear that our efforts are noticed and appreciated. Thank you again.

The best show details The best
by Sara on Mar 30th, 2016

I went into the initial appointment with the attitude that I was not going to actually have the surgery I needed, but that I was just there to find out more. Dr Rozbruch made me feel so comfortable and I instantly had a feeling of trust with him, so I changed my mind and decided to have the surgery. 3 surgeries later I have never been better, and I could not have asked for a better doctor. He made me feel comfortable throughout my experience and was a calm, soothing presence in this otherwise not so great situation. I would not trade my improved life after surgery for anything in the world and I am so beyond happy that I had Dr Rozbruch to help me make the decision to change my life.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for your kind words. I am happy to hear that I put you at ease enough for you to consider moving forward with the recommended treatment, and that you are happy with the result. Thank you for sharing your story.

Ankle fusion show details Ankle fusion
by Kush B on Feb 6th, 2016

After a car accident, I didn't have much hope. I needed an ankle fusion but the methods my original orthopedist were not in my favor. Some tease arch later, I found out about Dr. Rozbruch and I'm glad I did because he changed my life. He's half man, half amazing. Procedure was a success and his team and staff are clearly the best for the job. I'd recommend Dr. Rozbruch to anyone in need for any ortho needs. You will not disappointed.

Doctor's Response

Thank you so much for your kind review. I am happy to hear that you are doing much better and that we were able to help you. I very much appreciate your kind recommendations to others.

Dr. Rozbruch and Better-Than-Expected Results show details Dr. Rozbruch and Better-Than-Expected Results
Jan 16th, 2016

I was having increasing problems with a severely damaged right leg and foot (due to an old accident). But I then went to see Dr. Rozbruch. His skills and expertise subsequently ameliorated the increasingly negative effects of a long-term medical disability to a greater degree than I could ever have expected. He has been a godsend.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for sharing your experience with others online and for your kind words. We are very happy that we were able to help you. Thank you for letting us know that you are doing so well!

Jan 11th, 2016

Dr Rozbruch saved my leg! I had complex injuries from a terrible accident. Consensus was to amputate. Rob never gave up! I was one of his first and worst cases. I think he is terrific as well as his staff.

Doctor's Response

Thank you so much for your kind words and for sharing your thoughts on my care with others. I am so happy to hear that you are doing better!

A Solid Foundation show details A Solid Foundation
by Shelley Wasilewski on Oct 23rd, 2015

Building a solid foundation requires an expert who takes pride in their work. That's what one finds in Dr. Rozburch. He's an extremely gifted surgeon who works at building the best foundation possible to correct your physical problem. Not only did he correct my femur deformity, but was persistent that I should only have the best knee reconstructive surgeon to build upon the solid foundation he constructed. I was impress that he cared beyond just his surgery. I already have recommended Dr. Rozbruch to a friend. He may cost a little more but he is worth it!

Doctor's Response

Thank you so much for your kind review. I am so happy that we were able to help you. A patient's recommendation to other potential patients is the highest compliment we can receive. Thank you again!

Oct 17th, 2015

The request for a large sum of money up front was disturbing, but I guess you get what you pay for. Dr. Rozbruch exuded confidence that he could successfully perform my surgery, and he was right.

Dr. Rozbruch accomplishes what seems impossible show details Dr. Rozbruch accomplishes what seems impossible
by Elise Schneider on Oct 8th, 2015

What could have been a traumatic in another set of hands, turned out to be a highly productive and motivating experience. To say that Doctor Rozbruch restored my quality of life by restoring my femur to its intended form may be the understatement of the century.... I am in awe of his extraordinary abilities.

Ankle Distraction Arthroplasty show details Ankle Distraction Arthroplasty
by Shelby D on Oct 3rd, 2015

Two and a half years ago, I was in a bicycle accident that shattered my ankle into 20 pieces. I also had a head injury that ultimately required an emergency craniotomy. It was my 9 year old son's idea to ride our bikes that day. Evan found my phone, called for help, and was alone with me until help arrived. I was unconscious, bleeding, and my ankle was grotesquely mishapen. The pain of my physical recovery pales in comparison to knowing how much pain my accident caused my family. Since it was his idea to bike, to this day, Evan blames himself. He had nightmares and separation anxiety for months. "I can't get the pictures out of my mind mommy." As my post traumatic arthritis progressed, I tried so hard not to limp in front of Evan and to continue being active with him. Every doctor I saw in Maine offered me ankle fusion or suggested I go to Boston for replacement. One doctor told me neither option was good for someone my age and that I had to, "pick my poison." I have a very athletic background and my family LOVES being active together, the idea of limited mobility for the rest of my life was more than hard to swallow. When I discovered the amazing work Dr. Rozbruch was doing, I had hope I could get my life back. At my first appointment, he told me there were 3 options for my ankle (2 mentioned above), but the only one he would offer me was ankle distraction arthroplasty. He described the procedure at length and answered all my questions in detail. After that appointment, even before I committed to the surgery, he answered my emails at all hours and even on the weekends, usually within minutes. Deciding to move forward with the surgery was tough as there were financial concerns that would, yet again, impact my family. Dr. Rozbruch and his team were patient with me as I navigated this choice with LOTS of questions. I did a lot of research on Dr. Rozbruch's work and on ankle distraction in general. Ankle Distraction is considered a complicated surgery by many, but it was clear to me, based on the limb deformities Dr. R is successfullying correcting, that ankle distraction arthroplasty would be a piece of cake for him. If you are trying to decide if Dr. Rozbruch is right for you, check out, "Ingrid's Story" and the before and after photos on limblengthening.com. I had my surgery about two weeks ago. For me dealing with the frame has, in many ways, been easier than dealing with the arthritis. I could not recommend Dr. Rozbruch and his team more strongly. He is kind, talented, personable, and on the cutting edge of his field.

Mr. show details Mr.
by Peter Lewison on Oct 3rd, 2015

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to speak about my experience at The Hospital of Special Surgery, and Dr. Rozbruch and his staff. Let me begin by saying that I represented the United States in two Olympic Games in the sport of foil fencing. My best finish was 10th place in the Seoul Korea Olympiad. What brought me to Dr. Rozbruch was that I suffered a traumatic brain injury and spent seven months in a coma. As a result of being comatose for such a long period of time my body developed severe contractures. When I awoke I was not able to speak or straighten my arms or legs. The doctors determined that my brain injury was so traumatic that my chances of ever waking up were slim at best. Then my condition worsened so I was placed in hospice, since then expected after having to resuscitating me several times that the likelihood was that my life expectancy was two days at most. Then miraculously I woke up. I then went to rehabilitation to attempt to regain the ability was use my arms, hands, and legs once again. When the surgeons saw my condition they decided that surgery wouldn't correct the problems, since muscle, tendons, and nerves would have to be corrected to ever hope of walking again. The my sisters began searching for the right doctor that could do the surgery. We found doctor Rozbruch who kindly decided to do the surgery. I mean surgeries, since both legs had to be operated on to hope to walk again Each leg took approximately 9 months each to straighten. Both surgeries were very successful. As a result of the surgeries and my physical therapy I am walking again. My legs are getting stronger every day, and I can see myself running around again someday. Before Dr. Rozbruch did the surgeries I was told by doctors and physical therapists that I would be in as wheelchair for the rest of my life. All that is much different now. All I can do now is continue to thank Dr. Rozbruch and the Hospital for special surgery for giving me the chance and opportunity to have a normal life again. I give the very highest recommendation for their brilliant work. And my deepest heartfelt thanks and appreciation for their outstanding work.

Rozbruch is great show details Rozbruch is great
by Austin Elliott on Sep 23rd, 2015

Doctor Rozbruch is brilliant, skilled, and kind. His surgeries have been great, and I have had no complaints.

Doctor's Response

Thank you so much for your kind words and the vote of confidence.

Limb salvage with knee fusion show details Limb salvage with knee fusion
Sep 16th, 2015

My mother was a very complicated case of MRSA developed on her knee due to a failed complete knee replacement done in Egypt . She also has a history of Rheumatoid & Osteo Arthritis. Dr. Rozbruch together with his team performed an extraordinary knee fusion and today after 1.5 years she is infection- free and improving her walk gradually.. .

Doctor's Response

Thank you so much for your kind review. It has been my pleasure helping your mother.

President & CEO show details President & CEO
by Joel Horn on Sep 10th, 2015

This is my second review. Dr Rozbruch and his team ( I call them Team Rozbruch) are exceptional and, in my 60 years, unique. They combine cutting edge knowledge, exceptional customer care and a friendly but professional attitude that I have never experienced before. I just had my 3-week post-op examination for an ankle distraction with a stem cell injection and was curious if they would treat me as well after the surgery as before and they did in fact, they may have been even better if that is possible. They really care about my condition, my recovery and I feel totally secure in their hands.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for the positive feedback. We enjoy helping people through the sometimes intimidating post-op period.

Miracle Worker with Amazing Bedside Manner show details Miracle Worker with Amazing Bedside Manner
by Christine Ombres on Aug 27th, 2015

Dr. Rozbruch is a truly gifted doctor both in an out of surgery. His talent in the operating room transformed my son's arm and outside the operating room, his personality and "beside manner" is genuine and truly caring. He and his staff are amazing with my son and in dealing with nervous parents as well!

Doctor's Response

Thank you so much for the positive review. It has been my pleasure helping your son.

by Linda Micka on Aug 20th, 2015

The staff in both Dr Rozbruch's office and at the hospital was fantastic. They are attentive, courteous, professional and knowledgeable. Dr Rozbruch did an awesome job explaining the procedure at the initial consultation in a low key, easy to understand way and did the same after surgery. He, Dustin and Erica have been prompt to answer any questions I have posed to them either on the phone or by email. I highly recommend Dr Rozbruch and his staff to anyone.

Doctor's Response

Thanks for the positive feedback. I, together with my team, strive to provide the best surgical and medical care to every patient. We understand the importance of good communication and patient education, and this is a priority for us. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts and feelings on our care with others.

Extraordinary Experience show details Extraordinary Experience
by Neil S. on Jul 28th, 2015

I had a severe varus leg deformity of 33 degrees on my leg, which caused me extreme suffering for 23 years. During these years, I suffered greatly from arthritis, and was on pain and anti-inflamatory medication. Now, as result of his surgery, my leg is straight, and I am living without pain or medication. Dr. Rozbruch was accessible by email 24 x7 and always responded with both a professional as well as a warm response. He has an excellent staff as well. Dr. Rozbruch is a first-rate surgeon and human being.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for your kind review. I am so happy to have been able to help you. Email communication with patients has greatly improved patient care with efficient and timely communication. We are happy to provide this service. Thank you for being such a loyal patient!

Dr Rozbruch show details Dr Rozbruch
by JH on Jun 30th, 2015

Dr. Rozbruch has been the family's orthopedic surgeon for issues ranging from serious deformity to more common problems associated with aging. He is of the highest standard--medically, surgically, and ethically.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for your kind review. Being a highly specialized orthopedic surgeon and a family doctor are both roles I am proud of, and I am thankful for the many wonderful patients that visit my practice. Thank you for sharing your experience online with others. I truly appreciate it!

May 29th, 2015

over all, it has been an absolutely great experience with the Dr. and his staff.

by Maria Goodwin on Apr 15th, 2015

Dr Rozbruch thinks outside the box and found a solution for my shortened , twisted femur and damaged knee that restored both my mobility and and the shape of my leg . He is an extremely gifted technician , a rarity , but combined with a generosity of heart and spirit, an even greater rarity. Now that walking and hiking , pain free, is a given , I feel incredibly lucky to have had Dr Rozbruch as my Doctor !

The Absolute Best Of Care show details The Absolute Best Of Care
by Jill V. on Mar 31st, 2015

Dr Rozbruch has been my and my husband's orthopedic specialist for ten years now. If it were not for him, I would not be walking like I do. I was on crutches, unable to put any pressure on my foot because of a botched ankle replacement. Now, I can live a normal life and keep up,with my 5 and 7 year old grandkids. He and his staff are the most professional, considerate, caring people I've ever dealt with. Dr. Rozbruch has an easy going manner, explains things in a simple manner, answers all your questions, and makes you feel confident in his knowledge and expertise. They email you back within a few hours if not right away. Emergent situations are handled immediately. Office wait times are normal. I cannot say enough good things about the entire staff. Most importantly, I haven't had any problems with my leg and foot since my initial surgeries and I thank God for Dr. Rozbruch.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for your vote of confidence. We strive to provide the highest quality of patient care and feel so honored that our patients choose us for their care. We appreciate you sharing your experience and thoughts on our services with other potential patients.

Experience with Dr.Rozbruch show details Experience with Dr.Rozbruch
by Sofya P on Mar 25th, 2015

Dr Rozbruch is the best doctor in NY and a very warm human being. He operated on me about 7 years ago to fix a very complicated foot condition and I knew right away from speaking with him during our initial consultation I was in good hands. He gave me my walking life back! Just recently I had another emergency and he responded in a very timely matter to help and operate to fix another condition from a fall and I am very appreciative to him for that. He is extremely knowledgeable and experienced and I would highly recommend him and his staff for ANY Orthopedic conditions.

Smashed all known records for bone transport length (25cm total) show details Smashed all known records for bone transport length (25cm total)
by M DuMoulin on Jan 10th, 2014

I met with Dr. Rozbruch after three failed attempts (over a period of six years) at limb salvage resulting from Osteorsarcoma tumor resection of the right femur. At this stage in my post-cancer treatment, my only other presented options were the following: 1. Femural Endoprosthesis (metal implant) which would have only lasted for the next 15-20 years of my life. After the device wore out, amputation would become almost certainly the only further option. At a relatively young age of 35 and highly favorable likelihood of long term survival from cancer, this was not a promising option. 2. Rotationplasty. (Partial amputation of the leg from the hip down). The downside is of this is obvious. Leveraging the combination of the Ilizarov method of bone transport and many other proprietary innovations, Dr. Rozbruch conveyed with full confidence, the ability to restore full function of my limb. By no means was this a typical case, as all parties involved were well aware. I came to Dr. Rozbruch with a history of infection and cancer. Dr. Rozbruch and his team managed to tackle every obstacle along the way with utmost precision and at no point did we loose faith in a favorable outcome. Using an Ilizarov external fixator, Dr. Rozbruch was able to grow back 21cm of missing femur bone spanning from just below the hip to immediately above the knee. Being "my own bone", this is an ideal outcome as it grows, heals, and behaves as a natural bone. There is no need to concern myself with hardware or allograft/donor bone wearing out over time. I am pain free and I am able to resume all of the rigorous activities that I would have only dreamed of performing (Including and not limited to, running, skiing, cycling, mountain climbing, horseback riding) after being diagnosed with bone cancer. After the 21cm bone defect was fixed, we were left with a situation where the affected leg was 4cm short due to prior bone loss from other procedures in the past. Most physicians would have simply prescribed a heel lift in all shoes to compensate for the length discrepancy. Taking account for my intended active lifestyle and acknowledging the potential for future Hip and lower back complications that could result, Dr. Rozbruch's went further to improve my overall outcome. Being at the forefront of his field, Dr. Rozbruch had access to a newly available implantable, motorized intramedullary nail that could be used to lengthen the Tibia in the affected leg by 4cm, thereby bringing both limbs to the same overall length. To the best of my knowledge, I was the first patient to have received treatment using this device upon successful completion of FDA clinical trials. This procedure was minimally invasive with no protrusions through the skin (compared to an external fixator). I read some other comments about this doctor and my response to all of them is that even if some of the comments below were true, (which was not my experience at all) results speak for themselves. In the end, I have two legs that were just as good as the ones I had before being diagnosed with Osteosacoma in my femur. I am pain free. I lead an active lifestyle to its fullest and I must express great gratitude to Dr. Rozbruch, Dustin and the rest of his team for all that they have worked so hard to accomplish. In my wildest imagination, I never would have thought things would have turned out so well.

A true miracle show details A true miracle
by Susan DuMoulin on Dec 30th, 2013

Our son had osteosarcoma cancer in his right leg. After a year or chemo and 17 surgeries to save his leg he finally went under the care of Dr. S. R Rozbruch . Our son had no femur bone left in his right leg and when he went to see Dr. Rozbruch, Dr. Rozbruch saw this and designed and placed an Ilizarov fixator on the leg. This was the longest bone transport in history, not only did the bone transport but the bone is just as healthy. Once this surgery was performed and the fixator was removed Dr. Rozbruch wanted to make sure that not only was his femur bone finally strong his wanted to lengthen his leg so that Mark could walk straight for the first time in 10 years. Dr. Rozbruch then placed a magnet in our sons tibia which was lengthened also so our son not only had his leg save by Dr. Rozbruch but his gait is straight. Today he rides a bike 35 miles a day. As a business owner ourselves we know the importance of a professional staff. The staff at Dr. Rozbruch's office is professional courteous and always there to help. They respond to your calls and emails immediately. I cant say enough about Dr. Rozbruch and his staff without them our lives would be so different and now with them our lives are nothing but a blessing and a miracle.

Saved my leg. show details Saved my leg.
by Brett on Oct 30th, 2011

I was under Dr. Rozbruch's care from 2000 to 2002 for limb reconstruction and a bone infection on my right leg. There were no other doctors who were willing to treat me due to the massive complications I had after a dozen surgeries from different doctors for 2 years prior. I underwent an additional 10 or so operations to save my leg from amputation under his care. I am not one to heap praise on anyone but I cannot say enough good things about him and his level of expertise. I am forever grateful that I have 2 healthy legs to walk, run and hike on instead of a prosthetic. Dr. Rozbruch and the Hospital for Special Surgery in NYC provide the best care that is out there.

Aug 13th, 2011

Dr. Rozbruch and his staff are wonderful. Dr. Rozbruch is the best doctor I have ever seen. I highly recommend him. He is the best.

Phenomenal Doctor and Person show details Phenomenal Doctor and Person
Jun 10th, 2011

Dr Rozbruch is not only a skilled surgeon, but one who spends time listening to your issues, explains options in a way you can understand and seems to completely understand the impact of a serious injury on a persons life.His bedside manner, follow up after surgery coupled with the ability to contact him anytime and his almost instant response is unparalleled by any surgeon I have yet seen and trust me, I've seen my share.I am lucky to have Dr Rozbruch as my doctor and would highly recommend him.

Patient show details Patient
by Lacey, N.O. Louisiana on Aug 20th, 2009

My overall experience with Dr. Rozbruch, has been amazing. I highly recommend him.