Dr. Robert Rubenstein MD Patient Reviews

• Neurology Silverdale, WA

3.6

August 12th, 2016
Would not recommend
Arrogant, belittling presence. Prescribed meds that actually worsened my condition. I was unable to reach him, except relayed through his assistant, who was unreliable in handling insurance/prescriptions.

April 4th, 2016
Very helpful, personable staff. Dr. Rubenstein is very kind and very good at what he does

December 5th, 2015
Dr. Rubenstein
I was referred to Dr. Rubenstein after a neck injury from a car accident. I am very pleased with the level of care that Dr Rubenstein provided. He went over my MRI and explained every view. I would definitely refer a family member to him for treatment.

August 29th, 2014
Educator
His entire office was very friendly and efficient. Unfortunately, that is the only positive thing I can say about my experience. In general, the reviewer on 10/11/13 echoes my sentiments exactly. He would ask a question that he clearly felt he already knew the answer to. As soon as he could tell (within 3 or 4 words) that I wasn't going to answer "the right way/matching his opinion", he would cut me off. He was so rude and pompous and didn't fully answer any of my questions. He did at least make a referral to someone who can probably help me with my wrist/hand pain. Specifically, I feel like I am too young to have arthritis in as many places as I do. When it is acting up, I get very fidgety. My thumb and wrists were in constant pain so I was massaging and wringing my hands and twisted sideways twice in my chair to alleviate the lower back pain. He couldn't focus on anything except my fidgeting and interrupted me repeatedly to ask what drugs I take or what psychiatric care I am undergoing that could explain my movements. By this time, I was sitting perfectly still. Anyway, he eventually flat out asked me if I was a tweaker. I was so shocked and offended. I told him I am a teacher and was a chemical dependency counselor. He replied with some sarcastic comment that I must be the only person who has ever been a drug counselor who wasn't an addict. Anyone who has ever been in a treatment center, as a counselors or a patient, how ridiculous that is. A majority of counselors are in recovery but there are a lot who aren't. Anyway, he is the rudest, most condescending, impatient and assumptive person I have ever met in a civilized environment. Not only would I never recommend him, I wish I had the money to place gigantic advertisements warning people not to visit his practice.

October 11th, 2013
Dear Doctor Robert Rubenstein.
Doctor Robert, Rubenstein, I want to take a moment to remind you that people who go to see you are scared and there is a ton of information available to the public with out the discernment that your degree has offered. They need a doctor to console them, help them understand what they may be facing and clear up any misunderstandings they may have received from web, family and friends etc. They need the "EXPERT" to take a moment to explain in terms we can understand which to most humans requires a level of why behind the what... not just facts and figures what is going on with their body. Most of us do not have the same level of education or mental acuity as you and we are merely doing the best with the brain we were assigned at birth. You shouldn't show how frustrated you are when we are confused or misspeak about our symptoms etc. I also honestly believe It would do you good to take an "active listener" course of some type. It often seems like you aren't listening to what I have to say at all but rather already thinking of what you want to say to me next that you cut me off before I have even expressed my question, point or concern. Because of this habit of yours you have missed many of my symptoms and concerns because i finally give up trying to talk as this seems to annoy you. You are also often rude about your time which makes me feel like I don't want to even come see you so I avoid my appointments. I am going to most likely find a new doctor. I have stayed with you because while you have very poor beside manner I do respect that you are highly intelligent and good at what you do medically. I hope one day you realize that Emotional IQ is just as important in your field as IQ. I also hope you realize that while time is money... if you honestly gave those patients a few extra minutes of your time who need it, or even (GASP) schedule one less patient per day to allot for that inevitable unscheduled mishap then perhaps you wouldn't be so stressed about your time and your review score wouldn't be so low, thus resulting in more patients. I wanted to point out that in reading some of the reviews you seem to have compliments from parents with children who are your patients. So perhaps you could self evaluate if you are more patient with those clients then the rest of us... and take some of those bedside manners into the rest of your practice.

July 24th, 2013
There really are doctors who can change your life!!
I would beg anyone who suffers from migraines to run not walk to his office. Having suffered over 30 years with horrible migraines and seen over twenty top notch specialists and he has stopped my headaches. He uses Botox injections and given me my life back. He is a wonderful doctor and a joy to have in my life.

May 23rd, 2012
Patronizing and rude.
He was in a hurry. I was on time. Front desk and nurse would not tell me what a nerve study was. I asked 3 times. He was rude, he cut me off when I was talking about symptoms. He didn't want to see my personal notes with dates of symptoms. He mocked me when I was bummed the MRI showed nothing wrong. He said, "Oh, I'm sorry I didn't find MS or..." He went on and on. I replied, "I hoped you would tell me I had a pinched nerve or bulging disc." (like my g.p. guessed) He summed up my problems incorrectly. Thanks for nothing. On to find a doctor who gives a darn.

January 9th, 2012
What a GREAT doctor....
He is not rushed with us....he is very knowledgable...and very helpful. My son is severely imparied with CP and Dr. Rubenstein has been a great addition to our healthcare professionals.

June 18th, 2011
Doctor Rubenstein walked into the appointment room in an agitated state and remained that way throughout the appointment. He was arrogant and rude and completely out of connection with the patient.