Dr. Roberta Palestine Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Roberta Palestine?

Skin Cancer

Skin Cancer

Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.

Have you seen Dr. Roberta Palestine?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Neutral

September 15th, 2016

My Experience w/ The Dermatology Center

For over 2 decades, I was a patient of Dr. Palestine. Started going to her when she was still on Shields Drive in Bethesda. She then opened The Dermatology Center. I thought she was my forever doctor. There came a time when I tried to make an appt and was told she only does surgeries and skin cancer and I was shuffled off to SibleyHospital to see Dr. Christian Millett. I had MRSA on my face! Went there several times. Parking was $9 each visit. He was excellent. Recently, I tried to make an appt with Dr. Millett and was told that he left the practice. They claimed they didn't know where he was, but suggested I see Dr. Chicks Dadlani, also at Sibley, since I don't spend enough money to see Dr. Palestine (they didn't say that, it's just my own conjecture). Dr. Dadlani was okay, In a big hurry to get to the next patient, and was not at all nice to her very sweet and helpful nurse! I'm so done with this practice! They clearly just want to make as much money as they can, and longevity as a patient means nothing to them.

November 21st, 2013

Don't use this doc for cosmetic treatments!!!

I foolishly used Dr. P for botox treatments twice and both times I ended up with a droopy eye and frozen forehead!! She uses way more product than you really need to jack up the bill and you come out of there looking like some sort of freak. Never again.

April 2nd, 2012

cold professional

I was looking for a professional to do a botox in Bethesda area and I found her in the internet. I was new in the country - I'm from France - so I though maybe she was that cold just because I wasn't communicating properly, even if I believe my english is quite good. When I'm paying for a high price service, I expect to be treated with good manners and a little bit of kindness at least. Smile Doc Palestine!

September 19th, 2011

Not thorough, didn't provide advice

Quick to suggest an expensive skin cream that probably has a good mark up, rather than prescription drugs. Lousy return policy, so I'm stuck with an $80 cream that made my skin break out and did nothing to calm my rosacea.

February 23rd, 2011

I am really dissapointed. I waited an hour to be seen by Doctor Palestine. I went to see Dr Palestine for a skin discoloration. Her assistant was really rude, so does she. After she diagnosted me, she told me that there was nothing to do about my discoloration. I went to see another Dr, he prescribed me a cream and after a month, my discoloration is gone. Also, I wanted to ask Dr Palestine questions on dermabrasion etc... a solution to have a better appearance. However, when I saw her, I litteraly changed my mind. How a dermatologist whose job is trying to make you look better does not brush her hair or take care of her own skin? twenty five years of experience, well then I would say knowledge doesn't give the skills.

January 9th, 2011

Poor Customer Service

Dr. Palestine herself is OK but quick to sell treatments at her spa.The Med Spa seems to advertise a lot and bring in new patients frequently. I find they are not accommadating and work only at their own convenience. They do not have a caring attitude.

November 9th, 2010

Unbelievably unprofessional!

After waiting for 45 minutes, the "doctor" waltzes in to spend maybe 60 seconds with me (gives my face a cursory glance, flips through my chart), suggests an $800 peel, and then hands me over to her assistants. I should have known better but I scheduled an appointment for the peel - I was told that the office must collect the $800 AT THE TIME OF THE APPOINTMENT even if the appointment itself was weeks away. When I protested, "Lauren" suggested that I pay at least half the amount and I did (again, I should have known better!). The icing on the cake was when I had to cancel the appointment a few days later because of work "Lauren" told me that I may not be able to get a refund on my $400!!! After a whole lot of argument from my end, she agreed to refund the amount but made it sound as though she were doing me a favor!!! Given my personal experience, I believe all the negative reviews I have read about Dr. Palestine. The Doctor and the Staff - totaally unprofessional, unimpressive, and SO NOT WORTH IT!

September 14th, 2010

exeeded my expectations

I read other reviews of Dr. Palestine after I'd gotten my referral and made the appt. I went in with great trepedation and was shockingly taken back by how attentive, caring and concerned she was. She immediately biopsied the site of concern. I had her full attention. The follow up Moh's surgery was handled by Dr. Thomas Yu--who was absolutely excellent. I experienced an allergic complication and Dr. Yu called me DAILY to check up on me. I was completely impressed by this office. Regarding comments of Dr. Palestine's personal appearance--get a life. I thought she was attractive and demonstrated a woman who cares about and takes great care of her skin and appearance. I highly recommend this practice.

August 3rd, 2010

Making the patient feel irrelevant

I have seen this doctor several times, and have come away feeling that she's not giving my exam much attention. I feel I'd get more attention if I were there for cosmetic reasons rather than skin cancer prevention. After my last visit, I decided I'm not going back.

January 10th, 2010

doctor?

I felt like all they wanted to do was sell me something. I was really disappointed.

September 19th, 2017