Orthopedic Surgeons
MetroHealth Medical Center
2500 Metrohealth Dr
Cleveland, OH 44109
216-778-5332
Locations and availability (4)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Dont waste your time, or health with him  |  show details
by Jay on Jul 22nd, 2014

After reading these reviews, im really wondering if these people even met "Dr" r. wilber. Out of all of all the physicans I have seen, this one could be the worst. I have been seen by 3 different docs regarding my issues, one will not do the surgery, and the other 2 were unable to. After meeting mr. wilber , and him viewing the xrays he that were taken that day, he claims that I have "no issues" and he can't do anything for me. He disregarded the constant pain and issues with movement in my hip, and just shrugged his shoulders as an answer and walked away as i tried to ask questions. Don't bother with him, its not worth your health, or apparently his time either. Complete incompetent jerk from what ive seen.

|  Total hip replacement—total success  |  show details
by Patient J on May 17th, 2014

I had put off hip surgery doe to the restrictions the traditional posterior approach required; the thought of weeks of restirctions and limitations put me off. A friend recommended I look for someone who did anterior approach hip replacement, and so I found Dr Wilber. I was standing 6 hours after surgery, home in three days, gave up the walker after two weeks for a cane, and back at work in four weeks. I not only no longer have hip pain, but wrenching referred pain to my knee is gone, and the non-surgical leg feels better, too! Five weeks out, my range of motion while not 100%, is better than pre-surgery, and sufficient for normal activities. I'm taking long walks again, which is a pleasure. In my initial consult w/Dr Wilber he was careful to describe the risks and benefits of surgery, as well as to explain what the X-rays showed, which was bon-on-bone arthritis. At this point every move I made hurt. I was offered a surgery date just two weeks after this consult, so ease of scheduling is excellent.

|  results were top notch  |  show details
by michael p on Feb 15th, 2014

Had total knee replacement march 10, 2010. Had reservations due to age and occupation. Dr Wilbur did an outstanding job. Back to work in the construction industry after 15 weeks. Quality of life is like night and day. Words can not express my gratitude. Rehab people were top notch.

|  show details
Aug 8th, 2012

Dr. Wilber did my anterior hip replacement surgery and I could not be happier with the the results and care I received at UH. He spent time with my husband and I discussing the surgery and did the same with my follow up appointment. Thank you Dr. Wilbur for making me pain free.

|  Great  |  show details
Jul 30th, 2012

I was refered to Dr. Wilber and have been beyond happy with his care.I am greeted, by name, and treated as if I am the only patient he has.My treatment has aleveated the pain, and postponed the surgery

|  show details
Jun 21st, 2011

I WAS SO PLEASED WITH THE CARE MY SON RECEIVED. HE WAS VERY GENTLE AND EXPLAINED EVERYTHING BECAUSE MY SON WAS SO CONCERNED..