A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Roy Shen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Roy Shen is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Roy Shen, FACS, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Breast Diseases
- Digestive System Abnormalities
- Gastric Bypass (Gastrojejunostomy)
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Weight Loss Surgery (Bariatric Surgery)
Education & Awards
Dr. Shen graduated from Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia.
Dr. Shen has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Lowell General Hospital
- Emerson Hospital
- Saints Memorial Medical Center Inc
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Shen accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Fallon Community Health Plan (FCHP) - 1 plan
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Boston Medical Center Health Net Plan - 2 plans
- Network Health - 2 plans
- Tufts Health Plans - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Roy R. Shen practice?
Dr. Roy Shen practices Surgery and Colon & Rectal Surgery near Lowell, MA.
Additional practice locations include: North Chelmsford, MA and Chelmsford, MA.
See Lowell Surgeons.